Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 09-06-2006, 02:25 PM

HI my name is Liz and I met Jerome through a penpal ad as well. we were writing for 4 months and then committed almost at the same time our love for each other. It was actually funny holding his letter asking me the question i just sended to him. Since i am from Germany I cannot go and visit him. I will not get to see him live til November of 07. But i am willing to wait. He is my all. My comfort. Best friend. Just all. He sended me two pics of him and didn't forget to write small comments in the back. He thinks about my children at all times. Whenever someones Birthday comes up he sends a card to let the kid know he thinks about him/her. We been in Contact since 2003 and we are in love since about two and a half years now. I don't care what anyone will say. My heart tells me that he is dead serious with me. He had withheld the real reason why he is in prison and I told him that I do not appreciate lies. It took a long time for me to trust him again but we went through this together. We both could have moved on - we didn't. I am proud of my man. And I am sure he will not lie to me ever again. He was scared I would run away from him once I would know the charges against him. Probs tio all the people who support their loved one. It's not always easy - but we will be there at all times.

Liz
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2006, 09:32 PM

Hi..my name is AnnaMarie and I've been writing my friend Sammy for almost two years. I first saw him on a pen pal website and to tell the the truth it was sort of an odd curiousity until I saw his ad. You know when you get that feeling? Well it was three times that I clicked over on his ad and something inside me that day just said Go for it!! I sent an email (which the prison would print out and give to the inmate and from then on it would have to be snail mail) and said well here goes nothing and forgot all about it...until two-three months later I went to check my mail and there was a letter from him!! I felt soo bad because by then it was January and the letter was addressed in November ( plus they had moved him from Wende to Attica for fighting ) I was half stunned half happy, half scared to death!! Long story short it was on from there until June when I just stopped hearing from him..and I just let it go, I was kinda sad but like whatever ya know I figured maybe he got back with his baby moms or something and I was little too proud to actually write and be like "what did I do??" But the thing was I NEVER COULD REALLY FORGET ABOUT HIM. Time went on..I got myself a bf and it crashed it burned miserably..and everytime we'd break up I thought about writing Sammy but I was like nah...he stepped off so I must've done something wrong. So finally after breaking up with my ex for the third time I spent sometime by myself and I thought: I can't live the rest of my life wondering whatever happened to him!! It wasn't until 12/31 of '05 that I just let it all out!! I wrote him a letter and the rest is history!! We met for the first time on 8/13 and it was one of the best times I've ever had!! We're taking it easy; I mean of course there is sexual tension but we've decided the best way to go about is to be friends first and to let nature take its course.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:55 PM

Welcome to all the recent new comers.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:04 PM
You are your own product.

Default HotLatino:in response to Met while incarcerated

I hate to admit it but I met man while incarcerated. I just had a prison ministry and I wrote him once a month for 6yrs. But I quess he thought I was his woman. I never did but we never talked about things like that either. But really he was in loved with me the first time some relative showed him a picture of me. But it was even a few mos after that before we spoke. But he was religionous thats how he got me. He could even speak in tongues. But anyway when he got ready to get out - I had to use my address to get him out. His family member had refused him. I had to find the head PO to get him in 3days or he would have been maybe a month or more. He was just choosing me so hard - my mother say I fell in love the day he got out. But I must admit if it were any feelings all that time it was not apparent to me. I thought I never cared about him just someone to write when I was lonely.Until the day he got out. But after all of that ministering he went back 2yr and 3mos later. Violated for possession, driving without a license. He got about 3-4 separate charges. So I have even been to see him again.
I write even more now. Sometimes he get 3 to 4letters and 3-4 cards. Last monday he got 7letters and 7cards. I write and send love letters, sermons online, gossip column letters-named As the World turns. I love to write and send cards. But it don't stop me from feeling insecure in my mind , in my heart. This hold thing is a gamble.

Last edited by AnitaFoxx; 09-08-2006 at 11:17 PM..
Old 09-08-2006, 11:53 PM
Mrs. Bogan

Hello Everyone!!

Well, I met my love through one of my best friends. He is her cousin. She asked me to write him because he didn't have anyone writing, but I never did. One day I came home from work and there was a letter sitting on the kitchen counter for me. Since I never wrote him my best friend gave him my address and he wrote. I read the letter and responded. Well, that next letter I knew then that he was the one. I tell him all the time that he makes my heart smile . I truly mean that. Well then we kind of stop corresponding for a about a year and then his mom had a stroke. My best friend told me about it and asked me to write again. Well, I did wrote, but I didn't send the letter off. One day I came home and saw the letter and decided it was time to send it off. I sent my letter off and went to the mailbox and he had sent me a really sweet card. We have been together every since. I really really love him. It has been a tough journey because there are times I still feel myself hesitating out of fear. But I'm trusting God because I know that this is the man for me. So keep me and love in your prayers and I will do the same for you guys.

P.S. I really knew he was the one when I went to visit him and we got a contact visit and he only has me listed as a friend.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:59 PM
Mrs. Bogan

AnitaFoxx, hang in there. Just give it over to God. You are going to have doubts because when the enemy hears you praying he has to do something to intercede. He is the author of confusion and i believe that's what he is trying to do. Just know that God works in mysterious ways, so it doesn't matter what the circumstances look like because if God called this man to be your husband it has to be a reason. I look at like this would I really be ready to be a good wife to my love if he was here right now, probably not. But just know God is working on you both. Just let go and let God. I'll be praying for you.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:50 PM

Hey everyone, I met my honey on the inside while I was working as an officer, I ended up quiting before we had any problems, people were starting to notice, one inmate said one day, "All you have to do is look at each other and tell theres something there." Well with that comment I quit, he transfered 4 months later and we have been visiting for the last 3 years, I love him to death and have come to the conclusion that even tho hes down for life plus 155 years, Im still there.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:37 PM

Im Bella,

I met my DH through my stepdad in 2000, he was released in 2002, we married in Aug 2003, we had our first child in July 2005.

My stepdad is still incarcerated
Old 09-13-2006, 07:06 AM

hi my name is cheryl i meet my finace thru his mother whom i worked for as a houskeeper we started out as pen pals and i visited him for the first time in county jail and it was love at first site for both of us there is about 6 yrs differance in our age but we have everything in common from our religion to our taste in music and movies.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:34 AM
billy's girl

Default i was too a co

I met my fiancee while i was a co . It was kinda funny cause I was the best of the best, and he was the worst of the worst . I walked by him one day after months of nagging on him , heming him up for contraband and just said "who you writing me?" he said "I could " from then on it was on we have been together ever since . I quit my job , he got paroled and then he got locked back up for parole violation. Still I couldn't be happier unless he was home , but I love him so much , I can feel exactly what every one has said about the "bound" or whatever you call it . best wishes to every one and their loved one .
Old 09-13-2006, 10:36 AM
billy's girl

crazy how much we love these "fools" you ever think they will know how we love them?
Old 09-13-2006, 10:49 AM

I met my man while he was incarcerated. It's good to know there are others out there like us.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:24 PM

Default Met while incarcerated

You aren't along there's alot of us out there I met my man while in prison and he's still in prison. We met him in 2001 and got married April 2004. I wouldn't change anything. You can sure find love in prison and I have found it. The most important things is that we live in two different state and that make our love even stronger. Even thought we miss each other very much when we see each other it's like meeting for the first time. So to everyone that found love in prison my hat goes out to you and keep you head up.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:28 PM

Welcome new comers to PTO.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:36 PM
When will u be home??????

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotLatinaMILF4U
Hi my name is Patty and I originally met my man during the Summer of 2003 via a misdialed call from County jail. We hit it off and began writing and talking on the phone and in December of that year I came face to face with him in a crowded visiting room.

We did 14 months together before his release. Things were great when he came home although the conditions of parole and lack of employment opportunities became a burden very quickly. In January 2006, 16 months after his release he went back to prison and will max out and I find myself waiting again in this next chapter of our lives...

It is often said that these types of relationships don't stand much of a chance. I have to say I've never been fond of being a statistic so perhaps that is why I try harder, not to mention the fact that he is worth it. I could go on and on but I'm gonna give others a chance to introduce themselves. I look forward to getting to know everyone who "Met While Incarcerated".

All the best,
Patty
Hi ladies,

Well i know this may sound quite to familiar but i also met my boyfriend in jail, i went on a inmate pen pal site, picked him and just started writing him, i've been doing a 2 year bid with him, he's been in there for 5 years. I love him and he's suppose to be home in May. I feel crazy and scared i know that them being in there, they want and are always willing to do good when there home and i want to believe it and i want it to be right, i almost sound nieve to think that it might work. All i want is him to come home and stay out of jail Again!! While i believe it can happen i dont think it will and i'm not sure if i'm strong enought to do this all over again.
Has anyone ever been in a sistuation where there waiting for a release and at the same time has the knotts in the stomach and the fear in there mind? Now he got moved to another jail farther and i went almost twice a week for visits, it just made it harder on me physically cause of the drive and mentally cause i worry. Is this really worth it??
Old 09-18-2006, 02:18 AM

Hi I met my guy on a penpal site about 10 months ago. We both agreed we weren't looking for a relationship especially since I am in Indiana and he is in Arizona. But now we are talking about marriage. I am going to fly to Phoenix to see him for the first time in December. He still has 4 years and 6 weeks to go. I worry constantly..he called on Sunday (last week) and the phone got disconnected it was his 4th call so I knew he couldn't call back then he called on Monday when he wasn't supposed to--we got cut off again. I haven't gotten a call since and I am going crazy with worry. I wonder sometimes too if it is worth it but I know I love him with everything I have. So I will wait til I find out what is going on..I just hope I can keep my sanity until then
Old 09-18-2006, 05:28 AM
I LOVE MY MUSLIM MAN!

Sheila its worth it gurl...Its not easy ...you have to ups and the downs..the good and then bad, bitter and the sweet..when you hear their voice or get that letter ...U know in your heart its worth it.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:24 AM
Mrs. Po

Hey everyone. My name is Heather and I met my man while I was working where he was incarcerated. we laid eyes on eachother and fell in love. Now my bay is in prison and I have to deal with this for 32 months. Anyway look forward to chatting with all of u.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:39 PM

I met my boyfriend while working in the county jail and he has since been transferred to the state prison, i didnt expect this, wasnt looking for this, but it ran over me like a truck & when i looked up there was his beautiful smile, love finds you sometimes in the strangest places and im NOT going to turn it away because of temporary circumstances, i fell hard & this is the most wonderful & kindest man i have EVER met!!
Old 09-25-2006, 04:02 PM
salazar's wife

Smile introduction

Hi to all, I met my husband through my daughter's boyfriend at the time in May 2003. we strarted writing then he put me on his visiting list. We met face to face the first time in June 2003 at the Lawton Correctional Center. then on July 8, 2003 he was transferred to James Crabtree Correctional Center. We fell in love instatly after our first kiss. We were married on November 19, 2005. I joined PTO in Dec 2003 under Honey Bun. We have been happy ever since. I am sure glad they started this thread, Because I dont feel so strange and alone. There is 16 years differnce in our ages, but as far as Heavenly Father is concerned there is no age! Love, Carol

Old 09-25-2006, 04:11 PM
patiently waiting

Welcome newcomers to the MWI forum!

Anna
Old 09-26-2006, 01:22 PM

Smile The Love of my life!!!!!

Wow ! I don't even have the right words to express how happy I am to have finally find a place where other woman share the same experience, I'm new to this and I'm glad it brought me here.
I want to start by introducing myself. My name is Johanna I am from Houston TX and my boyfriend is currently incarcerated. He's been in for 16 years and it wasn't until 3 years ago that I met him thru an ex-boyfriend of mine who also is incarcerated. When my ex and I broke it off he was mad so his friend told him if it was kool if he'd write me so pist of that my ex was because I had broke up with him he gave him my address and phone #. It started off as just being friends we wrote letters and the phone calls were frequently which by the way gets a little to expensive. But it was all worth it because we grew strong feelings for each other, I can honestly say that I have found my soul mate I love him with all my heart and I know he does too I await the day that he gets out, which by the way he is up for parole on 6/07 and I'm hoping that all goes well. We have plans for the future getting married and having a family. I'm happy because he's given me so much support, he's a great listener awesome partner I couldn't of asked for better. That is my man and I love him and willing to ride till we die. thanks to all for sharing your stories and thanks for taking the time in listening to others stories its greatly appreciated

I love you Alejandro
Old 09-26-2006, 03:21 PM

Welcome to this forum.

Knowing that there are others out there that underdstand your plight, makes things easier and more bearable.

Best wishes.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:49 PM
Danielle

Hey everyone,
I met my man, best friend, soul mate, on the inside of the fence. I was his primary CO in the pod. He's everything plus some. I just recently was walked off the yard for "unauthorized relationship with an inmate" - funny thing is, they accused me of having a physical relationship with a different inmate! HAHA! They were wrong. My man knows nothing ever happened between me and the other guy, so I'm not worried there. I can't wait to get this first letter to him and receive his first letter back. Lucky for us, he only has 6 months left!

I love reading this thread! It's fun to hear how everyone met their significant others!
Old 09-28-2006, 02:33 PM

Aymee,

Welcome. Sorry about the crap w/ the job.

Best wishes with your relationship.