Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 06-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Im his boo and he is mine

Hi my name is Soraya. I am 27 years old and I am from Pennsylvania. I met L through a friend of mine that was incarcerated with him. When my friend came home he kept telling me about this guy that I would like. I wouldn't write him at first. But after many unsuccessful dates I finally gave in and that's when our friendship started. It did not progress any further until he put in for a transfer out of state and I went to go see him without even knowing what he looked like. I always had feelings for him but nothing serious until that first visit. I fell in love with him as soon as I layed eyes on him coming through the visiting room door. I can honestly say that I have never met anyone like this man before. The feeling I get when I get a letter or a phone call is undescribable. He always knows exactly what I need to hear. He amazes me every day. I thank my friend all the time for introducing me to him. I actually owe my friend dinner at Uno's lol.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2010, 03:45 PM

How yall doin?? Its pretty funny how i met my mwi.. Well i started writing my pen pal back in feb 2010.. I took a huge risk i was lookin in tha fldoc web site and saw my "friend" on there and was like dam he look good and i was like screw it ima write him wats tha worst that can happen... So i did and lucky me he was in no relationship, no babymama, no drama..hes always sayin mayb it was destiny that i found him on there and started writing him...so we will see wat happens from here...
Old 06-25-2010, 03:53 PM

I met my fiance through my bestfriend who was a correctional officer at the facility he was located. We hit it off with phone conversations, letters and a month later...visitations. I would've never thought that i would have fell in love with an inmate, but I know that my best friend would have never hooked me up with someone that she didn't approve of herself. Im happier than i have been in a long time and i dont regret meeting him one bit.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:08 PM
Banned

Hi, I met my "friend" from a pp site that had his ad up. I suppose the reason I wanted to write to an inmate is because I had been through the corrupt family court system with my son. I checked into his case prior to writing as I wanted to know a little more about his crime. He was barely 18 when he commited the crime that has landed him in prison for 25 years he got really screwed by the system. I kinda felt like we had a little in common. I used to work as a paralegal and know a lot about criminal law so his case was interesting to me. We have been writing since April 2010 and he is such an awesome and sweet guy! Hopefully through an appeal heard by the supreme court he will be out sooner. I can't wait to visit him soon!
Old 06-26-2010, 01:47 AM

I met my MWI through a pen pal ad by browsing the internet one night. As of right now we stand as just really good friends but maybe it will change when he hits the streets. He is only an hour from me so only time will tell.....

Old 06-27-2010, 12:58 PM
Andy's Mami

I met my guy while I was working in the facility he is in. We started off as friends and it slowly has developed over time. I actually quit my job in order to see where this could lead because I realized that I truly cared deeply for him.
(If anyone had experienced a situation like this, I could really use some advice and some encouragement~ Thanks!)
Old 06-27-2010, 11:59 PM

I'v only been on PT for less then a week and here I am already telling it all (smile). I met my Andre 6 years ago. I was home from having some surgrery and had 6 long weeks to do nothing. So I was searching for a military pen pal site but they all charged and I keep seeing all these prison pen pal sites so I thaught why not, maybe I could bring a little happiness to someone. So I scaned all these profiles and then I came to the one I knew I wanted to write. It started very slowly and then I did the unthinkable I fell in love with him. He was so funny, smart ( which was a big turn on). Then he told me he had no right to ask me to wait. He still had six years to go. I told him that he didant have to ask because I had already decided to wait. We are in two diffrent states but I have that covered. I talk with his family every week and they know they will have a daughter-n-law as soon as he is home. We have been thru some very hard times. Even when I wanted to pinch his head off because I was angry with him, Iv never ever regreted this time with him that I waited. He will be home in Dec in time for Christmas.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
Good Evening! I am Ronnie and I met my husband, Nuro, thirteen years ago inside. I was visiting my cousin. My cousin and I walked into the photo room to have our pictures taken and there he was. He was the "picture man" that day. Our eyes met and we were smitten from that point on. He slipped me his number without my cousin knowing and 6 months later we were married. We have been living this life, loving strong and going strong since.
This is a really sweet story and gives me hope!!! Good Luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to aliciac For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Mrs Mills

Ok after reading alot of the "MWI" post I can say I am happy that I am not the only one. So I met my fiance' in Jan of this year and we have been together ever since then. I truly know that I have found my soulmate my bestfriend and husband. Although we have only been together a short time we have overcome obstacles and problems that would send most running! We are planning to get married asap.
I love him and looking forward to being the future Mrs Mills <3
Old 06-29-2010, 04:09 PM

I met my guy by total accident I was not looking for anything and neither was he, I went on a vacation with friends and while we were there, my friends husband brought up that he wished he could go visit one of his friends he had been down with like 11 years ago, since we were in the area. That brought up the topic and I told my friend that he should be a better friend and write more often, he said if I was worried about it I should write, so I did. It's kinda crazy really, and we are so new into this I don't know where it is going, but I do know I like what we have going, we'll see where it goes from here
Old 06-30-2010, 08:32 PM

I met my man from a profile on a chat site. He sent me a freind request and i replied to him through an instant message. I gave him my number and as we talked he confided in me that he was in prison. Then as we talked more I found out that he was locked up with my cousin and they are good freinds which made me feel more confident that I can trust him because he knows my family member.We have only been talking for about 3 months now and im already so in love with him.Weve already been talking about getting married and having kids together.He gets out in 3 months and i cant wait to meet him for the first time.Ive never been in as love with anyone before as i am with him. I think ive finally found my soulmate.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeleyes27 View Post
I met my man through a pen pal site and when I wrote to him I had a boyfriend and was just looking for someone to write to and get to know so I didn't feel so alone. All I was hoping for was a friend. When I got my first letter he was wondering how I found him because he wrote to the site and asked them to take his ad off because he wasnt having any luck and was going to be going home soon. But then I popped into his life and he likes to tell me everything happens for a reason and that I was meant to find him. Well the more we started writing the closer we got then he started calling me more and more and I just started falling hard for him. I have since broke up with the guy I was seeing when I first started writing to my pp and I have made that commitment to the man that seems to be my other half. I have never felt the way about a man as I do with Rob and I feel so complete with him in my life and I can not wait until he gets out and we can be together everyday. We have so much in common and we really click. He is everything that I have been looking for in a man and it feels awesome to be in love with my best friend. I honestly feel like I can tell him anything and he would still stick by me no matter what. I cant wait to be his wife.
I know exactly how you feel. I feel the same way about my man. Ive never loved another man the way I love him and he is my soulmate.Good luck with the marriage and I hope some day to become my mans wife also.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Shannah

Default MWI (NY) New to this site

This is my first post, and I hope I've done it right!

I met my man almost 3 years ago via a Jewish Penpal programme, there was something about him that kept drawing me back to his name, even though I initially thought he was only 24 and we had nothing in common, the age was actually when he was first incarcerated (he's my age I found out a few weeks later) and we have heaps in common!

For a long time I have felt that I was unable to speak about how I feel about him; our relationship as it has unfolded; that I want to fly there to meet him (I'm in Australia) and that we do plan on building a life together because of the "stigma" I have been led to believe is attached to having a relationship with "criminals" ... well I disagree! He is a person and he's the person I love! Yes, he made a mistake 12 years ago, and he still has 4 years to go, but name one person that hasn't made a mistake EVER and I'll shut up!

After not having received any mail or calls from him for over a month, I decided to phone Eastern and found that he is not allowed any calls, purchases (cannot buy stamps) and cannot receive packages; as he's in a disciplinary unit. Now I don't know anything about this except what he wrote in his last letter that he was able to send, that he is allowed 1 hour out a day and that he is feeling really down and could I write more often and that he really misses me.

I found out he had his time reduced to 6months from 9 months disciplinary and he was meant to going down to medium but now he won't

I am so glad that I joined your site as now I can learn more about the US Prison system, what to expect when I do get over there early next year and what he is really going through (he doesn't like to talk much about it).

I'm so glad to see that I am not the only one to have found my soul mate or fallen in love in this way; my life wouldn't be a life without him in it and nothing else I have here in my current life even compares to the letters I receive or the one phone call we have each month - I just wish it didn't cost so much!

Thank you to all those who posted ... I realise I've gone on and on about stuff, I really needed to as I've no one else to talk to and don't know anyone else who has ever had a loved one incarcerated before.

Sincerely and with much thanks!

Shannah
Old 07-06-2010, 09:57 PM

I met my man Rich when he was in OCC in Fordland, Mo through my aunts boyfriend who was in the same institution in Feb. '08. We wrote back in forth, I was just writing because he needed a penpal and I was working all the time and didn't have time to date anyone. When I went to see him for the first time in April '08, I had found my soul mate, he treated me with so much respect and I never had a man hold my hand and kiss it. He was released in Sept. '08 and he moved to my hometown. The financial burden of running own remodeling business, customers got to where that wouldn't pay for the work done. He got into trouble and just went back in March '10. We don't have a release date and he was sent back on a probation violation, plus he will have other cases and time to serve. He is so worried that I will leave him in there alone. We had talked about getting married before he was released the first time but never did it. Now he wants to and I do as well. Hopefully he comes home soon!!

Last edited by hawleygurl10; 07-06-2010 at 10:10 PM..
Old 07-08-2010, 07:34 AM

Hi. I'm Deidre and I met my fiance through a friend. Everyone thinks I'm a little nuts and maybe I am, but you can't control who you fall in love with. It seems to just happen. If someone had told me that I would be involved with someone in prison, I would have laughed. But here I am.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:55 PM

Hi I am Francine, I live in arizona, dry heat, and dry men over forty, boring too. Sorry. Anyway I met my MWI through letters and phone calls. He done 29 years, we grew up in and around Los Angeles, he is the most accountable man, and has old school values. He has always been I am guilty of the crime, but he is not the same angry boy, he is a 50 year old man. Intelligent, funny, positive, loving, considerate, great debator, romantic, hard worker, and he has an outlook on life that amazes me sometimes. He encourages me, and building a real relationship is inportant to him. He is my friend, soulmate and my male version. We clicked immediately. Since 2008 we have been seeking a greater understanding of ourselves and one another. He asked me to marry him. An I said yes. He was denied parole. But was given a lawyer to fight it. I thought the denial would hurt him. He was sorry that he disappointed me. He believes he will walk out that gate because God gave him Me. Bonnie that my nikname since I drove from Phx AZ to Avenal, CA in my 6cylinder through the grapevine to see him. He has no idea how free I feel now. He paroled me from my self induced prison. He incouraged me to go back to school, to be me with him always, I smile, laugh, feel joy, see sunshine everywhere. I am happier than I can remember. He says his bunkee laugh at him laughing reading my letters. At our visit, we call dates, we talk, laugh, share good and bad, we relate and learn something new bout one another everyday. We geniunely like to be 2gether and love one another. God created us for each other. The first person to put me first, he says that is his job. I love him dearly. He is my best man and. Friend.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SOLLIAH For This Useful Post:
Junipersmile (10-23-2010), MsEightball (07-16-2010), prettytomboi (08-14-2010)
Old 07-11-2010, 10:05 PM

Hello,
Well my name is Kim I met my David through his mom! She set up a profile on a Christian Pen Pal website and my brother stumbled across it and sent it to me! I was hesitant at first and prayed about it for a couple days! I went back and the profile once again brought tears to my eyes! That was 6 years ago! And although at first we were just friends and that is all we wanted! Now we are a lot closer. We are going to get married when he gets home. Even funnier than that I live in Texas and he is in NY!
Old 07-12-2010, 05:14 AM

Default Good for You

That is great that happened to you. Praying over something like that is a good idea and often times I do the same for so many situations. I have met someone that is related through a family member and have become pen pals. It sure seems like he was given too long of a sentence and that family life for him was not exactly the Ozzie and Harriet life is what I am gathering for him as a child. As for the prison system, it just seems to be too often "cruel and unusual punishment", excessive time doled out by overzealous judges, inattentive attornies, and civil rights violated. They are taken away from their families during such critical times and why can't more be done in our society before things get to this magnitude of a problem. Bless you for what you have done for your friend and I wish you the very best and for treading on a ground that some would not even fathom doing.
The Following User Says Thank You to zbz7658 For This Useful Post:
Eternal Sunshine (08-21-2010)
Old 07-13-2010, 10:50 AM

Well when I met my hubby I didn't know he was in prison actually there were a few lies and finally I asked him to tewll me the truth
Because I'm no dummy I see the numbers ect.
He told me the truth and said he didn't wanna tell me because who wants someone who's locked up
So it went from there I mean wow! He is my bestfriend! I'm sooooo in love with him! We just got married in May! I'm so happy!
Its all been a shock to my family who doesn't really aagree with it saying you don't know him he is gonna leave you when he gets out ect.
But I don't care what they say I am happier then I have ever been in my life! I finally found my soulmate! Wow!
I'm so in love! We only have 4 months to go then he will be home with me! I can't wait!
The Following User Says Thank You to Shawnandbianca2 For This Useful Post:
MsEightball (07-16-2010)
Old 07-14-2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONLILMAMA View Post
Hi I am Francine, I live in arizona, dry heat, and dry men over forty, boring too. Sorry. Anyway I met my MWI through letters and phone calls. He done 29 years, we grew up in and around Los Angeles, he is the most accountable man, and has old school values. He has always been I am guilty of the crime, but he is not the same angry boy, he is a 50 year old man. Intelligent, funny, positive, loving, considerate, great debator, romantic, hard worker, and he has an outlook on life that amazes me sometimes. He encourages me, and building a real relationship is inportant to him. He is my friend, soulmate and my male version. We clicked immediately. Since 2008 we have been seeking a greater understanding of ourselves and one another. He asked me to marry him. An I said yes. He was denied parole. But was given a lawyer to fight it. I thought the denial would hurt him. He was sorry that he disappointed me. He believes he will walk out that gate because God gave him Me. Bonnie that my nikname since I drove from Phx AZ to Avenal, CA in my 6cylinder through the grapevine to see him. He has no idea how free I feel now. He paroled me from my self induced prison. He incouraged me to go back to school, to be me with him always, I smile, laugh, feel joy, see sunshine everywhere. I am happier than I can remember. He says his bunkee laugh at him laughing reading my letters. At our visit, we call dates, we talk, laugh, share good and bad, we relate and learn something new bout one another everyday. We geniunely like to be 2gether and love one another. God created us for each other. The first person to put me first, he says that is his job. I love him dearly. He is my best man and. Friend.
God Bless yall, this is love and I am so happy that it is still out there for some!
Old 07-17-2010, 01:07 PM

Post Just my Story

Hi to all.
I am new at this, so hope I do it right. I met my MAN thru my best friend's man. One night about 2 months ago he called her and she handed me the phone then he handed his cellie the phone. We have talked almost everyday, but this last week he was out of phone time so not as much. I cant believe I didnt even wanna talk to him at first, I fell hard for this man. HOW did this happen, I will never know it must have been FATE!!!

I wasnt looking for a relationship at all, I had swore men off. My ex-husband and I were together for 15 yrs. and he was in and out of DOC at least 7yrs of that 15. So I was not about to get tied up in the DOC thing again, but now IM so thankful happy and appreciative of my friends that they made me talk to my love. He is my world and I am his, we just connected on so many levels it was so scarey at first but I know in my heart that we are made for each other. Not talking to him as made me know with out a dought that he is the man for me and I wll wait for this man to come home to me as long as it takes...This morning he finally got to call me and he told me he loved me...I was so glad that it was not just on my end that these feelings were growing I am so in love I haven't felt like this in yrs. I didn't think I would ever feel this kind of love again, and it feels good to know that it is because I am me not because he wants a "bootie call" haha

Im hoping that i will get to accually see him when he gets moved to a perm camp. soon....we are jst waiting on MoDOC who seem to have their own Clocks that dont move at any speed but SLOW AZZ HELL!!!! lol
Old 07-20-2010, 10:01 PM
Crazy about him

Wink Hello everyone :)

I am currently getting to know an amazing man that I met via a pen pal site. My aunt had done it a while back and is happily in a relationship with her boyfriend who's incarcerated in Florida. In May this year, I decided what the heck lol I tried it. Went on a site, wrote to this one particular guy that stood out and who I thought sounded very down to earth, silly and sweet. Turns out I was right. We've been talking, writing, getting to know each other for nearly three months now and I can't get enough of him. He seems so great. I even spoke to his sister. He has talked to his family about me. We have so much in common and all we do is laugh. I really enjoy talking to him. He is so happy and appreciative that I allowed him into my world that he sent me a really cute hanky with a very nice note on it saying that I bring a lot of smiles into his life now and brighten up his days. One day we were on the phone and he heard my four year old daughter talking about wanting a picture frame for one of her pictures (I didn't realize he had even noticed). Just a week ago I got a UPS package... a "homemade" picture frame. That was the sweetest thing ever! He has even sent me money to help pay for the calls because he says he'll never want to be a burden on me. Well, I decided to go meet him personally for the first time. So I'll be going to see him in two weeks. I am sort of apprehensive, but I am looking forward to it. We seem to have a great connection and I'm hoping we click all the way. He says he really likes me. He only has 2 1/2 more years to go... I'm just going with it and see what happens. I guess I'll keep you guys posted
Old 07-20-2010, 10:15 PM
Crazy about him

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDyAcE2012 View Post
How yall doin?? Its pretty funny how i met my mwi.. Well i started writing my pen pal back in feb 2010.. I took a huge risk i was lookin in tha fldoc web site and saw my "friend" on there and was like dam he look good and i was like screw it ima write him wats tha worst that can happen... So i did and lucky me he was in no relationship, no babymama, no drama..hes always sayin mayb it was destiny that i found him on there and started writing him...so we will see wat happens from here...

Hehe, love it! Sounds similar to my story I also did the pen pal thing, and thought he was SEXY AS HELL lmao and he also has NO KIDS, NO BABY MOMMA, nothing! The best. Good luck!! Let me know if you guys met yet and what happened??
The Following User Says Thank You to O's Sweetheart For This Useful Post:
MonalovesMiguel (03-22-2013)
Old 07-20-2010, 10:54 PM

Hi there everyone! I met my mwi through my brother-in-law. They were both being held at a county jail in NM and they hit it off well. He had mentioned to my brother-in-law that he would be wanting someone to write to since he knew he'd be in for about 4 years. We started writing to each other in Sept 09 and it was just a friendship (I was in a relationship at the time that was coming to an end). He was very supportive in everything I did and was someone to talk to about all of my relationship woes. Well, I ended that other relationship at the beginning of this year and ever since, my mwi and I have just been writing more and more. We have become each other's sweethearts and I am thankful every day that we found each other. I think that it's a wonderful way for us to get to know each other to see what could happen in the future.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:03 PM

Default Met Him While Working... Struggling to Keep In Touch

i met my friend while working as a c/o. i wasn't a rookie who was sucked it..and no it wasn't that easy for him. i had transferred to another institution and was making around thru the DCE (education) hallway. he came to me and introduced himself to me so genuinely. the complete opposite of how most offenders approach me. but still...i said hello and never thought twice about it. 2 yrs later after that formal introduction on his part im at another institution...but having trouble getting in touch with him. being that i still work for DOC...thats a no no. i have his information and can write him..i wrote him once since i left the prison he is in..but he really cant write me back. its too risky. even if i did get a po box the prison can request the information to find out who's po box it is if they suspect anything.

i know its tough for him because he has no idea where i am..or what happened to me..he just knows he doesn't see me at work anymore.

does ne one have any suggestions??