Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 10-20-2017, 01:50 PM

Hi I'm Jackie,

I'm completely knew to this but I met my MWI in June through my sister, he's her brother in law. We've been talking since June and we both developed deep feelings for each other quickly and we are now in a relationship, our intentions were to just be friends But it just happend.I visited him twice so far, but we talk on the phone almost each day and he sends emails and I receive them as text messages. He'll be out soon, he's starting a program and if he completes it he'll be out by next summer. This is the first time I ever dated or been with someone whose in jail, and not knowing him before he was incarcerated sometimes makes me a little skeptical about how things will be when he comes home. He tells me he wants to change and doesnt want to live his old lifestlye and I believe him.
Anyone on the same boat as I? I would love to share stories or experiences, maybe give each other advices.
Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to HisQueen0815 For This Useful Post:
Cam4Prentiss (10-23-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missgizzit View Post
Hi Im Kat

I"m totally new to this and am just fumbling my way through. Started as a penpal seems to be developing into something more but not quite sure as to how I stand on that.Hes really lovely but hey I don"t even know him yet and 50 to 60 emails in a couple of months dosn"t assure me but I look forward to opening my emails every morning and night. We have just started talking on the phone but Im quite shy when it comes to talking about intimate things and its so hard for me to relax but Im wanting to try for his sake as well as mine if that makes sense at all?
He has been in for 17 years and he may be out nest year or if he loses that appeal it will be 2020 for first parole and 2036 for time served.
Its a frightning but exciting new world and I plan on travelling form NZ to visit him in December.
Hey I'm Jackie
I am also new to this. I know exactly what you mean about being shy when talking intimate on the phone, he's been in for 2 years almost 3 and sometimes 'M' wants to be intimate over the phone but I'm not comfortable with doing it. So instead we end up talking about sexual topics which is good in a way because were getting to know one another.
It definitely is frightening sometimes but like you said its an exciting new world. Will December be your first time visiting him? I visited 'M' twice so far and I'm hoping to visit him again next month.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:12 PM
Donation Award 

Welcome to pto ! I am in PA as well so is my loved ones , what prison is yours in ?
Old 10-20-2017, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always_His View Post
Welcome to pto ! I am in PA as well so is my loved ones , what prison is yours in ?
Thank you! And he's in FCI Schuylkill, how about your loved ones?
Old 10-20-2017, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod26 View Post
Hi I'm Jackie,

I'm completely knew to this but I met my MWI in June through my sister, he's her brother in law. We've been talking since June and we both developed deep feelings for each other quickly and we are now in a relationship, our intentions were to just be friends But it just happend.I visited him twice so far, but we talk on the phone almost each day and he sends emails and I receive them as text messages. He'll be out soon, he's starting a program and if he completes it he'll be out by next summer. This is the first time I ever dated or been with someone whose in jail, and not knowing him before he was incarcerated sometimes makes me a little skeptical about how things will be when he comes home. He tells me he wants to change and doesnt want to live his old lifestlye and I believe him.
Anyone on the same boat as I? I would love to share stories or experiences, maybe give each other advices.
Thanks!
I am in the same boat. It takes a lot of adjusting to especially the limited contact but I feel it will be worth it. She still has at least 5 more years.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesY View Post
I am in the same boat. It takes a lot of adjusting to especially the limited contact but I feel it will be worth it. She still has at least 5 more years.
The limited contact gets me all the time, I wish i could speak to him longer than 2 minutes, he only gets a limited amount of minutes he could use in a month and his minutes are kow running low. but talking to him for 2 mins is so worth it. 5 more years? You both got this! How long was her sentenced?
Old 10-21-2017, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod26 View Post
The limited contact gets me all the time, I wish i could speak to him longer than 2 minutes, he only gets a limited amount of minutes he could use in a month and his minutes are kow running low. but talking to him for 2 mins is so worth it. 5 more years? You both got this! How long was her sentenced?
It is definitely worth it. Her sentence was 10-20 years. She is eligible to file for judicial release in 5 years. I enjoy every second i get with her. I have a 7 hour visit in a few hours so it will be a great day.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:09 AM

Quote:
It is definitely worth it. Her sentence was 10-20 years. She is eligible to file for judicial release in 5 years. I enjoy every second i get with her. I have a 7 hour visit in a few hours so it will be a great day.
How exciting I hope you have a great visit!
The Following User Says Thank You to HisQueen0815 For This Useful Post:
JamesY (10-22-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 11:38 AM

Smile British girl in Love

Hi. So i met my boyfriend via Write a Penpal. I was bored and I felt that in needed to speak to someone and help someone. After one page flick I chose him. His profile was sweet so i sent a letter. After quite a few deep heartfelt exchanges and anticipation of receiving mail, I finally plucked up the courage and got me a USA number so he can call.
After what felt like an eternity, we spoke and that's when things really started to move fast (in terms of feelings). It was hard at first with the 'language /accent' on his side, but things fell into place like I had known him for a long time. After a few months I couldn't hide how I felt and told him. To my relief he told me he felt the same way. Then he proceeded to write me and tell me he doesn't believe i had feelings for him but i ended proving to him that I do. Althoughh its only been 6/7 months I feel crazy in love. I've booked a ticket out there for my bday in January so I get to see my boo for the first time! Crazy right?
Only a hand full of people know about him and I know their judging me. I don't share much with them as i dont see the point. I know they have the best intentions but this is what want. I can happily say i am 100% loyal to him even though we live in 2 different parts of the world.
It's hard but I'm hoping he's worth it. Deep down I know hes worth it but the struggle is hard.

Indent know who will see this but hey.....I thought I'd give it a go
The Following User Says Thank You to Cam4Prentiss For This Useful Post:
angelbaby2417 (10-24-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 01:01 PM

Thanked 1,025 Times in 574 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam4Prentiss View Post
Hi. So i met my boyfriend via Write a Penpal. I was bored and I felt that in needed to speak to someone and help someone. After one page flick I chose him. His profile was sweet so i sent a letter. After quite a few deep heartfelt exchanges and anticipation of receiving mail, I finally plucked up the courage and got me a USA number so he can call.
After what felt like an eternity, we spoke and that's when things really started to move fast (in terms of feelings). It was hard at first with the 'language /accent' on his side, but things fell into place like I had known him for a long time. After a few months I couldn't hide how I felt and told him. To my relief he told me he felt the same way. Then he proceeded to write me and tell me he doesn't believe i had feelings for him but i ended proving to him that I do. Althoughh its only been 6/7 months I feel crazy in love. I've booked a ticket out there for my bday in January so I get to see my boo for the first time! Crazy right?
Only a hand full of people know about him and I know their judging me. I don't share much with them as i dont see the point. I know they have the best intentions but this is what want. I can happily say i am 100% loyal to him even though we live in 2 different parts of the world.
It's hard but I'm hoping he's worth it. Deep down I know hes worth it but the struggle is hard.

Indent know who will see this but hey.....I thought I'd give it a go
Hi there's quite a few of us from the UK on here. I'm in the UK and my husband is in NV
Old 10-23-2017, 01:03 PM

I'm in Ireland. Just wondering if anyone this side of the pond has a LO in Colorado?
Old 10-23-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by judiwoo View Post
Hi there's quite a few of us from the UK on here. I'm in the UK and my husband is in NV
Hey judiwoo.

What part of the UK are you in? How did you guys meet?
Old 10-23-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam4Prentiss View Post
Hey judiwoo.

What part of the UK are you in? How did you guys meet?
I'm up north in Newcastle upon Tyne. We started as penpals, became a couple in Jan 2013 and we've been married 2 years. It is crazy and the distance stinks but you can make it work. We had problems with him not understanding my accent the first time he rang and it was hilarious but he doesn't need a translator anymore lol
Old 10-24-2017, 07:37 PM

My love is in Sterling Colorado.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:42 PM

Quote:
My name is James. I am new here to Pto. It has been nice to hear so many encouraging stories in the mwi section. I myself am a mwi. I met the love of my life 7 months ago on one of the pen pal sites. From what I can tell I am a little unusual in the fact that I am a guy falling in love with a woman in prison. I love her more than words can express. I am having my 3rd trip to Ohio to visit this weekend. I just wanted to introduce myself.

Aw . Real love/True love/Mature Grown beautiful Amor can happen in the most un-expected places, so go for it! Good luck James Y, and let us know how it go as you're now a part of PTO. I look forward to reading your next batch of post. Life es too short not to go for it, long as a person is not being either played with men/women both,and or used,and or hurt,i am all for going with your not only heart, but your mind(in making the right choices along the way)so enjoy her + your new journey."This sure is not for the faint of heart.I wish u well, with your L.O.(loved one)
Hugs-n-Blessings.Adios.

Life is too short to "settle."

#Strength is Power.

#KnowyourWorth

T.A.A.S.(there are ALWAYS signs.)Don't ignore them.
The Following User Says Thank You to a.rare.love For This Useful Post:
JamesY (10-24-2017)
Old 10-31-2017, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
I hear what your saying I really do.I have a brother who has done several tours in Afghanistan and my step father was in the RAF. I have also had my son and other family.
I don't think the poster was trying to compare prisoners and military personnel on combat duty. Obviously they are very different things.

I think the poster was trying to compare the feelings of absence and loss that are the same for families regardless of why your loved one is absent.
I agree that's what I got out of the reference. I try and think about my man being gone as if he was in the military I'd have no choice. I grew up in the military and that's what I knew for the first 30 years of my life. I love him so I will stand by and wait for him!!
Old 10-31-2017, 06:17 AM

This is all new for me too!! I met my MWI not too long ago. Funny story I was on a dating website and came across his profile it begins by giving his info and his story. I send the person that put up the profile and her and I get to talking. Her husband is in prison with my man. She decided to do the profile because he wanted "something" in his life, he just never anticipated on someone like me. We talk 3-4 times a day and we really can't stand the lady that says "you have one minute remaining" we joke that there is never enough time. We have truly fallen for each other, we write emails daily and talk, as stated above. I'm not sure what is going to happen but he has 3 years left and he'll be in my arms, at least that's what we both want. He truly is my best friend and I could honestly see a life with him, I feel like it's already begun. Thankfully we both are in the same state, and I'm waiting for my application to be approved for visits. I'm so nervous and yet so excited at the same time. Funny thing is I don't have any reservations about us, but I've only shared his and my story with my best friend. I want to share about him with my family but I don't want them to judge him even before meeting him. I've never done anything like this, I've never been in trouble ever and yet here I am in love with someone in prison, I guess it's true you can't stop what the heart wants. I wish everyone the best and if anyone wants to talk I'm up for it!!
Old 10-31-2017, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitinonmark View Post
This is all new for me too!! I met my MWI not too long ago. Funny story I was on a dating website and came across his profile it begins by giving his info and his story. I send the person that put up the profile and her and I get to talking. Her husband is in prison with my man. She decided to do the profile because he wanted "something" in his life, he just never anticipated on someone like me. We talk 3-4 times a day and we really can't stand the lady that says "you have one minute remaining" we joke that there is never enough time. We have truly fallen for each other, we write emails daily and talk, as stated above. I'm not sure what is going to happen but he has 3 years left and he'll be in my arms, at least that's what we both want. He truly is my best friend and I could honestly see a life with him, I feel like it's already begun. Thankfully we both are in the same state, and I'm waiting for my application to be approved for visits. I'm so nervous and yet so excited at the same time. Funny thing is I don't have any reservations about us, but I've only shared his and my story with my best friend. I want to share about him with my family but I don't want them to judge him even before meeting him. I've never done anything like this, I've never been in trouble ever and yet here I am in love with someone in prison, I guess it's true you can't stop what the heart wants. I wish everyone the best and if anyone wants to talk I'm up for it!!
I read your post with a smile on my face. :-)
Every time that bloody woman says...you have 60 seconds remaining...myself or A will call her some VERY harsh names Hahaha 20 mins is never enough.....3 hours is never enough! We joked just last night that if they were free and the phones didn't get cut off at midnight we'd talk probably about 48 hours straight before one of us collapsed! I don't mean to lessen what you're going through but you're so lucky you've only 3 years to wait. You can do this! X
Old 10-31-2017, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledarkone View Post
I read your post with a smile on my face. :-)
Every time that bloody woman says...you have 60 seconds remaining...myself or A will call her some VERY harsh names Hahaha 20 mins is never enough.....3 hours is never enough! We joked just last night that if they were free and the phones didn't get cut off at midnight we'd talk probably about 48 hours straight before one of us collapsed! I don't mean to lessen what you're going through but you're so lucky you've only 3 years to wait. You can do this! X
Well I read yours with a smile!! Yes we always say if it's this easy right now, its gotta be even easier when he gets out. I honestly believe this guy is my soulmate, like I've waited my whole life for him. He actually says "A lifetime with me won't be long enough", he says he hopes we get reincarnated together so we can be together for eternity. I just can't wait to see him hun, we always say once we can see each other every weekend time will fly. Everything feels so right, know what I mean? My gut says love him, wait for him, marry him, have a lasting life with him!! He actually says all the time he's going to marry me, but doesn't want to do while he's in prison he wants to ask my dad for my hand in marriage. Not bad we are both in our 40's and yet he still wants to ask my daddy. I do really love this man and yes 3 years isn't long, but it's long enough. How long is yours gone for? Mines already been there for 10 years but once he's out he's done, no parole nothing.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:18 AM

Default New territory

Hello, I am very new to this situation and not even in a relationship. I met this man on POF not even a week ago. I started talking to him before I realized he was in prison. I havenít stopped because I am curious. We all know how curiosity can go.

He has made it very clear from the start what he wants from me. He wants me to be a companion to him, but he doesnít care what I do in the world just as long as I donít stop talking to him. He is a handsome man, intense, charming, etc. So my guard is up. I know he could just be telling me what I want to hear in order to get what he really wants from me.

The truth is that I am open to being here for him as a friend; someone to help him get through the days inside. I know how important that can be even under normal circumstances. But I am being cautious to avoid being taken advantage of or used. Plus, I am trying to get my head wrapped around what I am doing! I found his information and I know why he is locked up. It is pretty major so, at some point, I need to hear from him what happened, how he feels about it, where he is now, etc.

I apologize for rambling on. I have tons running through my mind in this situation and I am just hoping for some advice/support.

Do you ever feel crazy for staying in the situation?
Old 11-01-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InquiringMind_5 View Post
Hello, I am very new to this situation and not even in a relationship. I met this man on POF not even a week ago. I started talking to him before I realized he was in prison. I havenít stopped because I am curious. We all know how curiosity can go.

He has made it very clear from the start what he wants from me. He wants me to be a companion to him, but he doesnít care what I do in the world just as long as I donít stop talking to him. He is a handsome man, intense, charming, etc. So my guard is up. I know he could just be telling me what I want to hear in order to get what he really wants from me.

The truth is that I am open to being here for him as a friend; someone to help him get through the days inside. I know how important that can be even under normal circumstances. But I am being cautious to avoid being taken advantage of or used. Plus, I am trying to get my head wrapped around what I am doing! I found his information and I know why he is locked up. It is pretty major so, at some point, I need to hear from him what happened, how he feels about it, where he is now, etc.

I apologize for rambling on. I have tons running through my mind in this situation and I am just hoping for some advice/support.

It can make you feel crazy at times and I'm sure a lot of the ladies will tell you that. If it develops into a r'ship take it slow. I never asked my husband what he is in prison for I waited until he told me. He will tell you when he's ready. Can I ask how he got onto POF?
Old 11-01-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by judiwoo View Post
It can make you feel crazy at times and I'm sure a lot of the ladies will tell you that. If it develops into a r'ship take it slow. I never asked my husband what he is in prison for I waited until he told me. He will tell you when he's ready. Can I ask how he got onto POF?

I just told him that I would like to hear from him what happened. It doesnít have to be right away, but it is important. He knows that I know. I can only imagine it would be difficult to talk about, but I wanted him to atleast know that it is important to me that he talk to me sometime. Iím not sure how he got on there. I never asked.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InquiringMind_5 View Post

I know the feeling I met mine on POF too! Now mine didn't do anything too horrible but none the less I habe fallen for this man that is put a way for a few more years. I'm will to wait and he loves me, as I do him!! Good luck sweetpea!!
Old 11-07-2017, 05:07 AM

Hi! I'm Jess.

I've been reading this forum for a while now and finally decided to post - it all started when I saw someone talking about writing to a prisoner via a pen pal site. I decided to jump on and have a look, now I've found the most amazing pen pal. It's still early on in our friendship, but we get on like a house on fire! I never imagined you could connect with someone like this over words on a page. I hate the delay in sending/receiving mail - I live in Australia so mail take a while, I constantly find myself checking my mailbox!

Its all new to me, so I'm sure I'll have a million questions, but look forward to getting to know everyone
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eissej93 For This Useful Post:
maytayah (11-08-2017), Waitinonmark (11-07-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eissej93 View Post
Hi! I'm Jess.

I've been reading this forum for a while now and finally decided to post - it all started when I saw someone talking about writing to a prisoner via a pen pal site. I decided to jump on and have a look, now I've found the most amazing pen pal. It's still early on in our friendship, but we get on like a house on fire! I never imagined you could connect with someone like this over words on a page. I hate the delay in sending/receiving mail - I live in Australia so mail take a while, I constantly find myself checking my mailbox!

Its all new to me, so I'm sure I'll have a million questions, but look forward to getting to know everyone
I know the feeling sweetie! We didn't meet as pen pals but through a dating site. His friends wife did an account for him. Anyways I know the fire feeling, I'd say enjoy it and if I can help with anything feel free to message me. Best of luck to you two hun!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Waitinonmark For This Useful Post:
Eissej93 (11-07-2017)