Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 08-22-2016, 07:55 AM

Default Pen Pals

Hi,

I started writing to my inmate about 5 years ago. He is on DR in the Polensky Unit - Texas, but is fighting to prove his innocence. He's been really going through it having to fight his case and stopped writing for a bit. He wrote me a few months ago, out of the blue. Now we are in touch again and have begun having feeling for each other.

It has really changed my outlook on life. I love getting home to his letters. We play chess, joke with each other, try not to get too stressed when each others letters don't arrive on time. Its really an unexpected delight. I believe he IS innocent and pray that he will gain his freedom. Until then I we are really enjoying each other and brightening each other's days.
I hope to come on a visit soon but its a bit daunting as I live in the UK. Has anyone any experience of visiting the Polunsky Unit, especially anyone from Europe?

Bless you all,

Print pixie
The Following User Says Thank You to Print pixie For This Useful Post:
miamac (08-22-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2016, 10:53 AM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 23,171 Times in 8,182 Posts

Welcome to all our new MWI members! It's a unique journey and I'm glad you found us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Print pixie View Post
Has anyone any experience of visiting the Polunsky Unit, especially anyone from Europe?
Print pixie, we have quite a few members from the UK and our Texas forum is an active one. I'd try searching there and posting your question in the facility thread. Best of luck to you and hope you get to make your trip!
Old 08-23-2016, 09:04 AM

I met him 8 months ago through a girlfriend who has a fiance in this facility. I was done with writing inmates to be honest until I met this guy. He is absolutely adorable.
We went from being not even remotely friends to hey I think we understand each other to when I met him IRL being more than just friends.
Never had the intention to fall for him but seeing him made me realize he was the best that could happen to me.
He just needed a friend and gained a whole family to support and love him.
Just that one extra spark of hope of meeting that one sincere person inside the walls made me write my first email and here we are, being supportive of each other and I'm going to visit him for the second time in 8 months and that is a lot if you know I'm in the Netherlands and he is in Michigan.
The Following User Says Thank You to Raf's Girl For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (08-23-2016)
Old 08-24-2016, 12:57 AM

Default Bound by love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty View Post
Welcome to the "Met While Incarcerated" forum. Please tell us as much or as little as you like about yourself so we can all get to know and support one another better. Please use this thread for introductions ONLY.

Patty
I was married for 21 years, 10 years ago he passed away due to renal failure. I was not thinking of ever dating, marriage or anything again. When a friend asked me to take her to see her boyfriend who was on the inside I didnt think anything of it. The third time he suggested putting me on his list at least that way I wouldnt have to just sit outside and wait for her. Long story short I met my now fiancee 4 years ago and he has 14 months left. I still smile and shake my head because I never thought I would find love since I really wasnt looking.

I also want to thank all of you here for sharing and being so open. I wish you all the very best and I will keep you in my prayers.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shyne4ever For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-24-2016)
Old 08-24-2016, 04:18 AM

Default Ain't it always like that?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne4ever View Post
I still smile and shake my head because I never thought I would find love since I really wasnt looking.:
It's always been times like that when things tend to happen for me. I'm glad you found one another. Welcome to the forum.

Al
Old 08-29-2016, 06:59 PM

We're still together and going strong...
God will free Malachi in HIS time
Old 09-01-2016, 02:26 PM
He's out!!

Smile By Far the Hardest Relationship for me

Hi Forum.

My first time posting on here. I met my guy in November. Great conversations. We spoke everyday 2x a day. Wrote letters all that good stuff. While we were getting closer he was transferred to USP Mccreary and had his visits and phone privileges revoked for 1 year. He still maintained communications with me in spite of. I admire his persistence.

When he transferred to Mccreary the letters slowed down his reason was he has to get his mind right. Me being a woman and emotionaI I felt some kind of a way but I remained supportive. For one, I have no idea what it's like on the inside; especially in a Maximum Security Prison and he still reaches out.

I am new to this type of relationship. I've never cried so much, worried so much and loved this hard in my life.

The funniest thing he told me was "Baby you got me walking around here all in love" I told him you better "man up" we both laughed.

This is by far no cake walk. I commend everyone for standing by your man/woman. This is not easy.
The Following User Says Thank You to BearsLadyBear For This Useful Post:
CR2016 (12-01-2016)
Old 09-11-2016, 07:27 PM
Account Closed

Default Found love in a hopeless place

I was working as an admin worker in the prison admin office, not even a unit where he was an SSI. The first time we locked eyes there was something special between us but we didn't really start talking for months. I was in a very abusive relationship and he saw me crying in my office and asked me if I was ok... The rest is history. We started writing letters, were eventually discovered, I resigned and he was shipped far away. I haven't laid eyes on him for a month and miss him so much. He's such a sweet, precious person and just a regular normal person not someone trying to be someone he's not. I got a letter from him a few days ago and wrote him too. We are in love and I want to be with him. He was supposed to get parole in April 2017 but who knows now as he has lost good time. I just want him home with me and I feel that we truly found love in a hopeless place.

No one understands our love, my fam and friends think I'm crazy. I hope to visit him at some point. Not sure that will ever happen. We are in Texas and my ex employers are super vindictive.

I'm here to meet people who understand my situation.

Anna
Old 09-11-2016, 07:35 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hislovebug16 View Post
My story began at work. I was a co. One day while working his dorm our eyes met. At that moment I knew if I didn't avoid him I'd be a goner. So I tried. I worked with 650 male inmates and it was harder to avoid him than I thought. I figured maybe if I talked to him I'd get him off my mind. So we started talking. Mainly about him, I was trying to keep it professional still. Everyday I'd talk to him. Needless to say I started emailing through jpay. We fell in love and I resigned from the prison. We are now about to be married and he's out in April! O can't wait!
I met my love at work too. I should have gone ahead and resigned but we got caught, both got in trouble and now who knows when he will come home to me. They did let me resign but only after they caught us writing. Congrats on your engagement and I wish you two much happiness together!!
Old 09-29-2016, 06:55 PM
Donation Award 

Default Tushka's Sweetgrass

I met my Larry last September through a prison pen pal site. He was at McCreary and we started off as friends. I had been in a 10 year relationship that had ended 6 month before, the ex moved out then my daughter and grandson who had been living with me moved out and I was really lonely, I worked from home so as far as friends I really don't have any. I was looking for a woman to become friends with on the site. I figured writing to a woman would eliminate the "oops I fell in love" issue and there wasn't anyone I that I felt I would click with so I switched over to the men and the minute I saw his ad I knew I wanted to get to know him. Well, the "oops I fell in love" happened We have been writing and talking on the phone ever since. The plan is that we are going to get married after he gets out. Lately it's been difficult, he got into trouble in April and ended in the SHU, then transferred to Florida and again to Beaumont and its been close to two weeks since I've received a letter so...Patiently waiting, only a little more than 2 years left to go unless he gets a halfway house program then it will be 20 months.

Not an easy road to take but he is so worth it! I have never felt so in love in my life.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweetgrass For This Useful Post:
miamac (09-29-2016)
Old 10-08-2016, 03:04 AM

Hi everyone!

I've just joined the forum and thought I would come and introduce myself!

I'm from Europe and started writing to a penpal at the very start of the year, and it's developed into a relationship! I've never been in a situation like this and it's so helpful to find a forum like this one!

I look forward to speaking to you all
The Following User Says Thank You to silversprings For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (10-20-2016)
Old 10-08-2016, 05:17 AM

Hello Silversprings,
I can relate to your situation. I too love my pen pal.
Welcome to Prison Talk?
Who do you write to?
Print pixie
Old 10-08-2016, 06:14 AM

Thanked 1,025 Times in 574 Posts

Hi Silversprings I'm in Europe too (UK) wheres your guy at
Old 10-08-2016, 08:01 AM

Oh I forgot to say, I'm in the UK and write to a guy in the Polunsky Unit, Texas
Happy to chat.
Print pixie
Old 10-08-2016, 08:16 AM

I'm Dutch and my penpals are on Polunsky DR and In a level 2 facility in Michigan
Old 10-08-2016, 08:21 AM

Nice to meet you Raf's girl. Polunsky Unit are on lockdown currently aren't they. I hope your pen pal has lots of supplies. I'll be glad when it's over. My guy is out of coffee����
Old 10-08-2016, 08:50 AM

Thanked 1,025 Times in 574 Posts

My man is in Nevada
Old 10-12-2016, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by judiwoo View Post
Hi Silversprings I'm in Europe too (UK) wheres your guy at
Nice to meet you! Have you been in a relationship for long? This is all very new to me so finding this forum has been a huge help! feel free to message me anytime
The Following User Says Thank You to silversprings For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (10-26-2016)
Old 10-12-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Print pixie View Post
Oh I forgot to say, I'm in the UK and write to a guy in the Polunsky Unit, Texas
Happy to chat.
Print pixie
Have you been to visit your man in Texas? would be happy to chat! Feel free to message anytime!
Old 10-24-2016, 07:25 PM

Hi Everyone. I am new to this site however i've come across it before many years ago.

I met my man on an online site 5 months ago. Originally I was hoping to find a friend that I could hang out with, go to dinner, movies beach dates because I do not have any friends where I live now. Then I found out he was incarcerated! I was not new to the system at all so I didn't shy away after finding out the news....something about this was different....Maybe because I wasn't looking for a man? Either way...we hit it off instantly and we fell in love.

Lately I have been thinking about how it takes a special kind of woman/man to hold an inmate down. And this lifestyle is one that not many people can fathom! I'm grateful for this forum and I applaud every one of you! Best wishes to you and your loved ones!

-Lady J
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jswife2016 For This Useful Post:
Holdinouthope (10-25-2016), Sarianna (10-26-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 02:00 PM

My mans in Michigan and I'm in Pennsylvania. I go out every 3 months to visit and he's up to see the board in January. Hoping he gets paroled. We've been together for a year and it's by far one of the hardest things to do. But we love each other and we make it work. I'm glad this forum is here for support for from others that know what we're going through.
The Following User Says Thank You to Holdinouthope For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (10-26-2016)
Old 10-26-2016, 01:59 AM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,083 Posts

Welcome all newbies and thank you for the introductions - glad to see so many of you here and really happy to hear that the site has been a good source of support and information. Thanks for being here

Old 10-29-2016, 12:34 AM

Smile Hey all

Hi everyone...i've joined the forum few months ago..but i decide to introduce myself
I'm from europe (UK) and start writing a penpal August 2015...we about to meet in 2 weeks... im ready to go usp to see him so both of us super exited... have a good day... i love this forum
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xwetxinha For This Useful Post:
Mimzy (10-29-2016), Sarianna (10-29-2016)
Old 11-03-2016, 11:11 AM

Post Hi everyone!

Hi! My name is Chanel and I live in Mobile, Alabama. I met my MWI in a pretty unique way. I saw him on a show about jail and I thought he was very good looking, so I searched for days online and I finally found his info and sent him a letter. I didn't expect him to write back, but I got a letter from him a week later and I guess we hit it off. We have been writing for only 2 months and I just sent him a picture of myself in my last letter. I'm so nervous!!! I really hope he doesn't think I'm unattractive haha. He seems like a sweet guy with a few discipline issues (he likes to fight). I always make sure my letters smell good, so he'll think about me whenever he opens my letter. He asked for my number and hopefully we can talk for the first time soon. We have a lot in common already too. He is 20 years old(21 in Decemeber) and I'm 19. He's about 6'2 and I'm 5'2, so that should be interesting when we first get to see each other in person. He's locked up for armed robbery/ aggravated assault; he stabbed a guy and got caught by the cops a few hours later and he's been lock up since August of 2015 and his expect release date is November of 2017. Right now we are only friends and we are getting to know each other. I won't be upset if it turns into something more. For some reason, I feel like he is my soulmate, but I think I need to bury my feelings for now since we haven't known each other for that long and I have no idea if he is actually interested in me. So far everything he's told me is the truth and we already told each other we cared for one another. I'm really excited for the future. I forgot to mention he's in jail in Indiana serving 2 years for his charge. Anyone whose in a similar situation as me, I would love to hear about your story.
The Following User Says Thank You to pinca7 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-04-2016)
Old 12-27-2016, 03:21 PM

Hi! I'm new here, I'm in CA and have been talking to my MWI for about 7 months. Found this site through a google response to a question I was looking for. I am in a very strange/interesting/confusing situation and really don't know which end is up most of the time!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sgonzalez For This Useful Post:
maytayah (12-27-2016), Sarianna (12-28-2016)