Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > Introduce Yourself!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introduce Yourself! Please stop by and introduce yourself and share your story with others in the Prison Talk Online community!

Old 11-07-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Intro--Myra73 from Germany

Hi everybody,

I am a reporter working for a German and a British paper. So far I have only been reading your posts after finding this site doing research on something else. I must say I am impressed in all the effort you go through to be there for your loved ones who are imprisoned in another country.

That made me think of writing an article on this subject. What I'm now looking for is a "case", somebody who would like to talk to me and tell me his or her story.

I am interested in talking to someone in the UK who has a loved one in a foreign prison. Also, I would be interested in talking to someone in Germany who has a loved one in a prison outside of country.

I would like to hear the story and write a sensitive article about it. I honestly don't intent to put anybody down or jugde anybody in case that's what you think.

So if there is anybody who would like to help me out and tell me his or her story I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Just post if you have a question or send me a pm.

Kind regards, and all the best to you and your loved ones,
Myra73
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2005, 04:40 PM
Yooper Mod on Leave
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO... You'll want to read PTO's policies at: http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23755 and especially the following:

• Media/Journalists
When a journalist or member of the media posts on the site, they are expected to explain the purpose of the request to the members and to encourage members to post their stories in the thread. Considering the fact that this is a prisoner-oriented site, any media stories evolving from PTO communication should be that of a positive nature. Requests with the intent of provoking derogatory comments about prisoners or corrections officers will not be tolerated. Inviting outside contact of PTO members is also not allowed. Persons in the media are also not allowed to send unsolicited emails and/or private messages to members of PTO. Posting a personal email address within the thread is also not allowed. It is not the responsibility of the PTO Administration or Staff to authenticate or verify any statement or facts purported by members of PTO. At the discretion of PTO Administration, any media-related post/request may be removed from the site. This may be done without warning or prior notification. PTO does not endorse any media outlet, journalist, member of the media or media story/report. However, any information obtained from this site must be credited to Prisontalk.com and its members. Failure to follow these rules and policies will result in the request being immediately removed from the site and permanent banning of the media member(s) involved.

Deb

September 10th 2009
Old 11-07-2005, 05:18 PM
loyalty is what im used 2

Hi there WELCOME!
Old 11-07-2005, 10:00 PM
Missing_My_Friends

Welcome to PTO!
Old 11-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,649 Posts

Welcome to PTO!

Old 11-08-2005, 04:13 AM

Hi everyone,

thanks for the post Deb, I hadn't seen these rules. If I did anything against them I apologize.

So I take it then that it's not possible to actually talk to a person who has a loved one in a foreign prison? They would have to write down their stories here on the board?
Unfortunately, that would make it impossible for me to write about it. I would need to talk to that person.

As I stated before, I have no intention in putting anybody down or write a negative article about this topic. I would like to just tell the story of someone who has a loved one in a foreign prison and goes through a lot missing that someone.

Now, in case it is somehow possible, please let me know. Again, if I offended anybody with my post I apologize. That was never my attention.

Thanks for the nice welcome.

Have a nice day,
Myra73
Old 11-08-2005, 08:01 AM
Movin forward
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,194 Times in 1,380 Posts

Hello and welcome to PTO!!!
Old 11-09-2005, 07:34 AM
Former Moderator
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO.