Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: I call him........
I call him Papi 227 14.40%
I call him Daddy 651 41.31%
I call him BOTH Papi & Daddy 282 17.89%
I would NEVER call him Papi OR Daddy! (YUCK) 416 26.40%
Voters: 1576. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Banned

Default Anyone call their man "Papi" or "Daddy?"

Are there many who call their guy "Papi" or "Daddy"?

I early on called my pen pal "Chulo", sort of as a surprise to him, and he wrote back and told me he liked "Papi Chulo" even more and wouldn't mind at all if I called him THAT. I'm all for keeping a Latin man happy (especially THIS one) , so I thereafter threw myself wholeheartedly into using "Papi" and "Papi Chulo". Once he wrote: "Who's your Daddy?" and I'm telling you, it made me weak in the knees just seeing it in a letter.

If you do say them, has he ever told you how your saying it makes him feel? How? I'd like to know what any guys have said about it.

What surprised me so much was how much I enjoyed saying them to him. To the point of imagining being able to say it to him during, ahem, "those" moments (you know what I mean ) Does it do that to anyone like it does to me? Or am I just a big freak? LOL. Papi, Daddy, either one does it to me GOOD.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2007, 04:36 PM
Banned

I DON'T REALLY USED THOSE TERMS ,HE'S MY HUNNY,BOO,AND FOR THOSE TIMES WHEN AM ANGRY AT HIM I SPEAK SPANISH BUT BET IT ISN'T (PAPI)(LOL) SOMETIMES I START A SPANISH CONVERSATION WITH HIMAND HE BE LIKE (SI,SI,)THATS ALL THE SPANISH HE KNOWS AND BETTER FOR ME FOR THOSE ANGRY DAYS
Old 05-24-2007, 09:35 AM
finally in true love!

it's kinda funny that this thread was started i just got done discussing this with him. now we've been together off and on 5 years and i've always called him bebe papi just those little nicknames etc. but now that he is a father he tells me that when i call him papi it means so much more. now i didn't know much spanish when we first got together but when i came back from texas and we'd fight i would start yelling in english then when it felt like he wasn't listening i would be like fine i'll speak at you in your own damn language. i usually would cuss him out in english first then cuss him out in his own language. his dad thinks that it's funny he doesn't though. but i usually do call him papi
Old 05-25-2007, 04:35 PM
Only the strong survive

papito, nene, mi amor and all them latin sweet words he just creams all over.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:37 PM
miss myliss (:

i call deont'e bay, babe, boo, pookie, and baby. along with a few other numerous nicknames. i havent called him papi or daddy, i dont like those names for some reason! i just love calling him those names or hearing him call me my nicknames because its like personalized, and i love it. its like i am his and he is mine. =D
Jinty62 (11-17-2011)
Old 12-12-2015, 10:59 PM

i call my husband daddy, babe or baby.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:38 PM
Banned

daddy, daddy, daddy!! girllll I love calling him that . it turns me on in the worse way OMG the thought of his face when I say it,, whew let me calm down . he says his knees buckle when I say it. he loves it
Old 03-17-2007, 05:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnJ2hearts1soul
daddy, daddy, daddy!! girllll I love calling him that . it turns me on in the worse way OMG the thought of his face when I say it,, whew let me calm down . he says his knees buckle when I say it. he loves it
JnJ2hearts1soul, I completely FEEL ya. It's an incredible turn-on to me. That surprised me so much because I had never used those words before he mentioned me doing it.

I think for him it probably makes him feel like a big, strong man with a woman looking up to him.

I think for me it makes me feel like I have somebody big and strong being protective of and caring with me.

Anyone agree or disagree from their own point of view?
Old 05-22-2007, 02:00 AM
Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteLoves
JnJ2hearts1soul, I completely FEEL ya. It's an incredible turn-on to me. That surprised me so much because I had never used those words before he mentioned me doing it.

I think for him it probably makes him feel like a big, strong man with a woman looking up to him.

I think for me it makes me feel like I have somebody big and strong being protective of and caring with me.

I agree- it's a big turn-on for both him and I. I only call him that in private. It's a cultural thang.

Last edited by one_luv; 05-22-2007 at 02:05 AM..
Old 12-07-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteLoves View Post

Yes I think you got it exactly right with those words. I think it is a lovely thing for a man to say to his woman. I think it suggests like you say that he is wanting to be the big strong man that his woman will look up to. A very masculine way of thinking. I never called my own Father Daddy though so I don't know if that makes a difference in how we view this wording.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:31 PM
his one & only<3

Quote:

well i COMPLETELY agree with the both of yous
i looove callin my man "daddy" he loves it too! one day we were joking around about something and he said that i needed to call him "daddy" or "master" which didn't fly with me so i decided to stick with dad or daddy and i love calling him that. it makes me feel...well the same way as ya'll do and it turns me on just as well as it does him. of course we hae other names for each other but dadd is deff. my fave

Old 07-13-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:

I agree. I never called anyone that but him. It's a trip how it makes me feel. What can I say, he's my Big Daddy!
Old 01-18-2011, 04:13 PM

Wink I love my big daddy!!

Quote:

I totally agree! I have called him Daddy since the first time... If ya know what I mean!!
Old 01-31-2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:

I agree with ya on this one
Old 07-20-2011, 09:10 AM
Loves my man 4 ever

i've actually have only once called mine that during our adult time but he asks me all the time who is your daddy?
Old 01-27-2013, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotteloves View Post
jnj2hearts1soul, i completely feel ya. It's an incredible turn-on to me. That surprised me so much because i had never used those words before he mentioned me doing it.

I think for me it makes me feel like i have somebody big and strong being protective of and caring with me.

totally agree with u.. In that strong, protective man feeling.
i love ma daddy
Old 03-17-2007, 08:30 PM
Froggyz Girl Forever

Wink Ditto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnJ2hearts1soul
JnJ2hearts1soul.....I know exactly what you mean! Enough said about it though, I still have 5 months till he comes home. IS IT AUGUST YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Froggyz Girl:love:
jameswifey82908 (06-17-2010)
Old 03-17-2007, 09:33 PM
---------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,489 Times in 3,829 Posts

I never called any man in my life "Daddy" except my father, who died when I was 12.
I used to think it was weird to hear a chick call her man "Daddy" or "Papi".
But "USED TO" are the operative words...
I call my Love "Daddy" all the time now, and it gets me all weak in the knees...hell, it brings me to my knees!
Call it a "male dominance" thing if you want...a power trip...I don't know and don't care! He never asked me to call him that...it just sorta began somehow.
I love that submissive feeling...like I gotta make my Daddy happy and be a "good girl" for him.
But I also get that (ahem) "moist" feeling whenever he calls me Mami too!
Equal opportunity dominance in this relationship!
Mmmmm, mmmmm, mmmmm!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 12:38 PM
libraladee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnJ2hearts1soul View Post
lol you even braught a smile to my face reading your post lol daddy daddy daddy lol my unty calls her man daddy like thats his given name lol I have never been into calling a man daddy not even my father but I do call my father papi ... but now I do call my man daddy n he loves it I can hear him smilen thru the phone ... n I love it ... he has such a beautiful smile n I can't wait for next weekend to see him
Old 03-17-2007, 06:06 PM

Im not sure,To me it just seems weird no offense. I cant get over thinking that it puts him a position of power over me or something or its inapporiate. Maybe Im just thinking too much about it I dont know. Ive called him honey sweetie, babe, preppy boy, etc but never papi or daddy. I know papi is more of a Latin cultural thing right ???
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LilSis08 For This Useful Post:
hesmineandimhis (01-17-2011), hizshygurl (02-15-2015), LBee (04-13-2013), Peppermoose (10-10-2014)
Old 05-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Astronomically Phenomenal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTara View Post
Im not sure,To me it just seems weird no offense. I cant get over thinking that it puts him a position of power over me or something or its inapporiate.
Exactly. I already have a daddy, don.t need two. What.s next? Saying "yes sir/no sir"? I.m good on all that. 'Boo' and 'hunnibunni' work just fine for us.

Last edited by *BellaEstrella*; 05-07-2010 at 02:43 PM..
Old 03-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Banned

i can't ever call him daddy because whenever I say the word daddy, i think of my father.....so it's kinda of gross. He loves it when I call him baby.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydeordie4lyfe
i can't ever call him daddy because whenever I say the word daddy, i think of my father.....so it's kinda of gross. He loves it when I call him baby.
I never called my father "Daddy". Ever. I've always only called him "Dad". So, "Daddy" is A-OK for my Latin guy in my eyes.

And yea, MissTara, I believe "Papi" is a cultural thing....... Maybe because Hispanics come from a traditionally patriarchal society? That's my guess. Maybe the Daddy-thing comes from the same, but non-Hispanic, societal reason (male dominance)?

I'm glad I put a "YUCK" choice in the poll for you all........ I'm starting to feel like a freak over here because of you guys! Where are my Papi/Daddy sisters? LOL I need your support so I can feel normal again.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:26 PM
lovingour2

Thumbs up Its Hot In Here

Im here to join you . I always call mines DADDY. and he loves it . he calls me lil mammi ( because im so shorter than him) and we have been calling eachother that for years as also other names. and YES it does something to the both of us . You not the only one charlotte when i call him that he be ready to pull me over the table . BOY I CANT WAIT TILL HE GETS HOME .

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to 2GunzUp For This Useful Post:
3hirty5ive (05-31-2009), Dunfedtime (02-02-2017), HsPersonalAngel (10-08-2010), jameswifey82908 (06-17-2010), JRP42187 (10-09-2009), missBlariviere (02-28-2012), MsEightball (06-25-2010), Seredipity (01-07-2011), ShortysLady (11-04-2010), Soon2BmrsP (02-14-2010), VjzWifey.!. (08-31-2009)
Old 08-05-2007, 02:32 PM
IM HIS RIDE OR DIE CHIC

Default whos ur daddy?

i call him both but mostly daddy, when we are in contact visits talking dirty and i start blushing, he will say "whos ur daddy?" of course i say "you are daddy" and we both get turned on.... i guess imma freak too, so dont feel bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteLoves
I never called my father "Daddy". Ever. I've always only called him "Dad". So, "Daddy" is A-OK for my Latin guy in my eyes.

And yea, MissTara, I believe "Papi" is a cultural thing....... Maybe because Hispanics come from a traditionally patriarchal society? That's my guess. Maybe the Daddy-thing comes from the same, but non-Hispanic, societal reason (male dominance)?

I'm glad I put a "YUCK" choice in the poll for you all........ I'm starting to feel like a freak over here because of you guys! Where are my Papi/Daddy sisters? LOL I need your support so I can feel normal again.