Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: I call him........
I call him Papi 227 14.40%
I call him Daddy 651 41.31%
I call him BOTH Papi & Daddy 282 17.89%
I would NEVER call him Papi OR Daddy! (YUCK) 416 26.40%
Voters: 1576. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-17-2007, 04:29 PM
CharlotteLoves's Avatar
CharlotteLoves CharlotteLoves is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: <--- In the clouds, cain't ya C?
Posts: 1,821
Thanks: 174
Thanked 265 Times in 137 Posts
Default Anyone call their man "Papi" or "Daddy?"

Are there many who call their guy "Papi" or "Daddy"?

I early on called my pen pal "Chulo", sort of as a surprise to him, and he wrote back and told me he liked "Papi Chulo" even more and wouldn't mind at all if I called him THAT. I'm all for keeping a Latin man happy (especially THIS one) , so I thereafter threw myself wholeheartedly into using "Papi" and "Papi Chulo". Once he wrote: "Who's your Daddy?" and I'm telling you, it made me weak in the knees just seeing it in a letter.

If you do say them, has he ever told you how your saying it makes him feel? How? I'd like to know what any guys have said about it.

What surprised me so much was how much I enjoyed saying them to him. To the point of imagining being able to say it to him during, ahem, "those" moments (you know what I mean ) Does it do that to anyone like it does to me? Or am I just a big freak? LOL. Papi, Daddy, either one does it to me GOOD.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 03-17-2007, 04:36 PM
catcat73's Avatar
catcat73 catcat73 is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: nyc
Posts: 505
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I DON'T REALLY USED THOSE TERMS ,HE'S MY HUNNY,BOO,AND FOR THOSE TIMES WHEN AM ANGRY AT HIM I SPEAK SPANISH BUT BET IT ISN'T (PAPI)(LOL) SOMETIMES I START A SPANISH CONVERSATION WITH HIMAND HE BE LIKE (SI,SI,)THATS ALL THE SPANISH HE KNOWS AND BETTER FOR ME FOR THOSE ANGRY DAYS
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-24-2007, 09:35 AM
bpayne bpayne is offline
finally in true love!
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Medina NY USA
Posts: 109
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

it's kinda funny that this thread was started i just got done discussing this with him. now we've been together off and on 5 years and i've always called him bebe papi just those little nicknames etc. but now that he is a father he tells me that when i call him papi it means so much more. now i didn't know much spanish when we first got together but when i came back from texas and we'd fight i would start yelling in english then when it felt like he wasn't listening i would be like fine i'll speak at you in your own damn language. i usually would cuss him out in english first then cuss him out in his own language. his dad thinks that it's funny he doesn't though. but i usually do call him papi
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-25-2007, 04:35 PM
laflor's Avatar
laflor laflor is offline
Only the strong survive
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Northpole
Posts: 1,382
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Default

papito, nene, mi amor and all them latin sweet words he just creams all over.
__________________
"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-17-2007, 04:37 PM
myliss's Avatar
myliss myliss is offline
miss myliss (:
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: OH-IO
Posts: 1,755
Thanks: 318
Thanked 578 Times in 347 Posts
Default

i call deont'e bay, babe, boo, pookie, and baby. along with a few other numerous nicknames. i havent called him papi or daddy, i dont like those names for some reason! i just love calling him those names or hearing him call me my nicknames because its like personalized, and i love it. its like i am his and he is mine. =D
__________________
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; Proverbs 3:5
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to myliss For This Useful Post:
Jinty62 (11-17-2011)
  #6  
Old 12-12-2015, 10:59 PM
HizQueen209 HizQueen209 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Stockton, Ca
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i call my husband daddy, babe or baby.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-17-2007, 04:38 PM
JnJ2hearts1soul JnJ2hearts1soul is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 784
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 3 Posts
Default

daddy, daddy, daddy!! girllll I love calling him that . it turns me on in the worse way OMG the thought of his face when I say it,, whew let me calm down . he says his knees buckle when I say it. he loves it
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-17-2007, 05:59 PM
CharlotteLoves's Avatar
CharlotteLoves CharlotteLoves is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: <--- In the clouds, cain't ya C?
Posts: 1,821
Thanks: 174
Thanked 265 Times in 137 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnJ2hearts1soul
daddy, daddy, daddy!! girllll I love calling him that . it turns me on in the worse way OMG the thought of his face when I say it,, whew let me calm down . he says his knees buckle when I say it. he loves it
JnJ2hearts1soul, I completely FEEL ya. It's an incredible turn-on to me. That surprised me so much because I had never used those words before he mentioned me doing it.

I think for him it probably makes him feel like a big, strong man with a woman looking up to him.

I think for me it makes me feel like I have somebody big and strong being protective of and caring with me.

Anyone agree or disagree from their own point of view?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-22-2007, 02:00 AM
one_luv's Avatar
one_luv one_luv is offline
Boss
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Dreamworld
Posts: 4,986
Thanks: 97
Thanked 571 Times in 359 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteLoves
JnJ2hearts1soul, I completely FEEL ya. It's an incredible turn-on to me. That surprised me so much because I had never used those words before he mentioned me doing it.

I think for him it probably makes him feel like a big, strong man with a woman looking up to him.

I think for me it makes me feel like I have somebody big and strong being protective of and caring with me.

Anyone agree or disagree from their own point of view?

I agree- it's a big turn-on for both him and I. I only call him that in private. It's a cultural thang.

Last edited by one_luv; 05-22-2007 at 02:05 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Mayone Mayone is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: ;) Not telling ya where I'm at
Posts: 815
Thanks: 1,185
Thanked 582 Times in 372 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteLoves View Post
JnJ2hearts1soul, I completely FEEL ya. It's an incredible turn-on to me. That surprised me so much because I had never used those words before he mentioned me doing it.

I think for him it probably makes him feel like a big, strong man with a woman looking up to him.

I think for me it makes me feel like I have somebody big and strong being protective of and caring with me.

Anyone agree or disagree from their own point of view?
Yes I think you got it exactly right with those words. I think it is a lovely thing for a man to say to his woman. I think it suggests like you say that he is wanting to be the big strong man that his woman will look up to. A very masculine way of thinking. I never called my own Father Daddy though so I don't know if that makes a difference in how we view this wording.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-10-2010, 10:31 PM
johnnys_wifey's Avatar
johnnys_wifey johnnys_wifey is offline
his one & only<3
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: texas, USA
Posts: 54
Thanks: 12
Thanked 47 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteLoves View Post
JnJ2hearts1soul, I completely FEEL ya. It's an incredible turn-on to me. That surprised me so much because I had never used those words before he mentioned me doing it.

I think for him it probably makes him feel like a big, strong man with a woman looking up to him.

I think for me it makes me feel like I have somebody big and strong being protective of and caring with me.

Anyone agree or disagree from their own point of view?

well i COMPLETELY agree with the both of yous
i looove callin my man "daddy" he loves it too! one day we were joking around about something and he said that i needed to call him "daddy" or "master" which didn't fly with me so i decided to stick with dad or daddy and i love calling him that. it makes me feel...well the same way as ya'll do and it turns me on just as well as it does him. of course we hae other names for each other but dadd is deff. my fave
__________________
Sarah Aguilar

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-13-2010, 01:37 PM
100%Hiz 100%Hiz is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: California
Posts: 472
Thanks: 108
Thanked 39 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteLoves View Post
JnJ2hearts1soul, I completely FEEL ya. It's an incredible turn-on to me. That surprised me so much because I had never used those words before he mentioned me doing it.

I think for him it probably makes him feel like a big, strong man with a woman looking up to him.

I think for me it makes me feel like I have somebody big and strong being protective of and caring with me.

Anyone agree or disagree from their own point of view?
I agree. I never called anyone that but him. It's a trip how it makes me feel. What can I say, he's my Big Daddy!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-18-2011, 04:13 PM
30minlunch's Avatar
30minlunch 30minlunch is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Wink I love my big daddy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteLoves View Post
JnJ2hearts1soul, I completely FEEL ya. It's an incredible turn-on to me. That surprised me so much because I had never used those words before he mentioned me doing it.

I think for him it probably makes him feel like a big, strong man with a woman looking up to him.

I think for me it makes me feel like I have somebody big and strong being protective of and caring with me.

Anyone agree or disagree from their own point of view?

I totally agree! I have called him Daddy since the first time... If ya know what I mean!!
__________________
~GOOD things come to those who WAIT
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-31-2011, 12:00 AM
fillmore'sgirl's Avatar
fillmore'sgirl fillmore'sgirl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Washington, usa
Posts: 138
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteLoves View Post
JnJ2hearts1soul, I completely FEEL ya. It's an incredible turn-on to me. That surprised me so much because I had never used those words before he mentioned me doing it.

I think for him it probably makes him feel like a big, strong man with a woman looking up to him.

I think for me it makes me feel like I have somebody big and strong being protective of and caring with me.

Anyone agree or disagree from their own point of view?
I agree with ya on this one
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-20-2011, 09:10 AM
Lil Johns queen Lil Johns queen is offline
Loves my man 4 ever
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Louisiana Usa
Posts: 325
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i've actually have only once called mine that during our adult time but he asks me all the time who is your daddy?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-27-2013, 11:25 PM
JACKIE310's Avatar
JACKIE310 JACKIE310 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: WILMINGTON, CA
Posts: 502
Thanks: 240
Thanked 117 Times in 104 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotteloves View Post
jnj2hearts1soul, i completely feel ya. It's an incredible turn-on to me. That surprised me so much because i had never used those words before he mentioned me doing it.

I think for him it probably makes him feel like a big, strong man with a woman looking up to him.

I think for me it makes me feel like i have somebody big and strong being protective of and caring with me.

Anyone agree or disagree from their own point of view?
totally agree with u.. In that strong, protective man feeling.
i love ma daddy
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-17-2007, 08:30 PM
ca_inmate_lvr's Avatar
ca_inmate_lvr ca_inmate_lvr is offline
Froggyz Girl Forever
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hayden, ID, USA
Posts: 469
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Wink Ditto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnJ2hearts1soul
daddy, daddy, daddy!! girllll I love calling him that . it turns me on in the worse way OMG the thought of his face when I say it,, whew let me calm down . he says his knees buckle when I say it. he loves it
JnJ2hearts1soul.....I know exactly what you mean! Enough said about it though, I still have 5 months till he comes home. IS IT AUGUST YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Froggyz Girl:love:
__________________
Forever Loving my Man!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ca_inmate_lvr For This Useful Post:
jameswifey82908 (06-17-2010)
  #18  
Old 03-17-2007, 09:33 PM
PTO-92958 PTO-92958 is offline
---------------
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 32
Thanks: 8,430
Thanked 8,489 Times in 3,829 Posts
Default

I never called any man in my life "Daddy" except my father, who died when I was 12.
I used to think it was weird to hear a chick call her man "Daddy" or "Papi".
But "USED TO" are the operative words...
I call my Love "Daddy" all the time now, and it gets me all weak in the knees...hell, it brings me to my knees!
Call it a "male dominance" thing if you want...a power trip...I don't know and don't care! He never asked me to call him that...it just sorta began somehow.
I love that submissive feeling...like I gotta make my Daddy happy and be a "good girl" for him.
But I also get that (ahem) "moist" feeling whenever he calls me Mami too!
Equal opportunity dominance in this relationship!
Mmmmm, mmmmm, mmmmm!!!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-28-2012, 12:38 PM
libraladee libraladee is offline
libraladee
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: california us
Posts: 23
Thanks: 33
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnJ2hearts1soul View Post
daddy, daddy, daddy!! girllll I love calling him that . it turns me on in the worse way OMG the thought of his face when I say it,, whew let me calm down . he says his knees buckle when I say it. he loves it
lol you even braught a smile to my face reading your post lol daddy daddy daddy lol my unty calls her man daddy like thats his given name lol I have never been into calling a man daddy not even my father but I do call my father papi ... but now I do call my man daddy n he loves it I can hear him smilen thru the phone ... n I love it ... he has such a beautiful smile n I can't wait for next weekend to see him
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-17-2007, 06:06 PM
LilSis08 LilSis08 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,011
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Im not sure,To me it just seems weird no offense. I cant get over thinking that it puts him a position of power over me or something or its inapporiate. Maybe Im just thinking too much about it I dont know. Ive called him honey sweetie, babe, preppy boy, etc but never papi or daddy. I know papi is more of a Latin cultural thing right ???
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LilSis08 For This Useful Post:
hesmineandimhis (01-17-2011), hizshygurl (02-15-2015), LBee (04-13-2013), Peppermoose (10-10-2014)
  #21  
Old 05-07-2010, 02:41 PM
*BellaEstrella*'s Avatar
*BellaEstrella* *BellaEstrella* is offline
Astronomically Phenomenal
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 175
Thanks: 563
Thanked 187 Times in 78 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTara View Post
Im not sure,To me it just seems weird no offense. I cant get over thinking that it puts him a position of power over me or something or its inapporiate.
Exactly. I already have a daddy, don.t need two. What.s next? Saying "yes sir/no sir"? I.m good on all that. 'Boo' and 'hunnibunni' work just fine for us.

Last edited by *BellaEstrella*; 05-07-2010 at 02:43 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-17-2007, 06:16 PM
rydeordie4lyfe rydeordie4lyfe is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: usa
Posts: 229
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

i can't ever call him daddy because whenever I say the word daddy, i think of my father.....so it's kinda of gross. He loves it when I call him baby.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-17-2007, 06:28 PM
CharlotteLoves's Avatar
CharlotteLoves CharlotteLoves is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: <--- In the clouds, cain't ya C?
Posts: 1,821
Thanks: 174
Thanked 265 Times in 137 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydeordie4lyfe
i can't ever call him daddy because whenever I say the word daddy, i think of my father.....so it's kinda of gross. He loves it when I call him baby.
I never called my father "Daddy". Ever. I've always only called him "Dad". So, "Daddy" is A-OK for my Latin guy in my eyes.

And yea, MissTara, I believe "Papi" is a cultural thing....... Maybe because Hispanics come from a traditionally patriarchal society? That's my guess. Maybe the Daddy-thing comes from the same, but non-Hispanic, societal reason (male dominance)?

I'm glad I put a "YUCK" choice in the poll for you all........ I'm starting to feel like a freak over here because of you guys! Where are my Papi/Daddy sisters? LOL I need your support so I can feel normal again.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-17-2007, 08:26 PM
2GunzUp 2GunzUp is offline
lovingour2
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: waiting in VA
Posts: 330
Thanks: 0
Thanked 64 Times in 40 Posts
Thumbs up Its Hot In Here

Im here to join you . I always call mines DADDY. and he loves it . he calls me lil mammi ( because im so shorter than him) and we have been calling eachother that for years as also other names. and YES it does something to the both of us . You not the only one charlotte when i call him that he be ready to pull me over the table . BOY I CANT WAIT TILL HE GETS HOME .
__________________




Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to 2GunzUp For This Useful Post:
3hirty5ive (05-31-2009), Dunfedtime (02-02-2017), HsPersonalAngel (10-08-2010), jameswifey82908 (06-17-2010), JRP42187 (10-09-2009), missBlariviere (02-28-2012), MsEightball (06-25-2010), Seredipity (01-07-2011), ShortysLady (11-04-2010), Soon2BmrsP (02-14-2010), VjzWifey.!. (08-31-2009)
  #25  
Old 08-05-2007, 02:32 PM
bigfoundswifey's Avatar
bigfoundswifey bigfoundswifey is offline
IM HIS RIDE OR DIE CHIC
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: tx,usa
Posts: 171
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Default whos ur daddy?

i call him both but mostly daddy, when we are in contact visits talking dirty and i start blushing, he will say "whos ur daddy?" of course i say "you are daddy" and we both get turned on.... i guess imma freak too, so dont feel bad!




Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteLoves
I never called my father "Daddy". Ever. I've always only called him "Dad". So, "Daddy" is A-OK for my Latin guy in my eyes.

And yea, MissTara, I believe "Papi" is a cultural thing....... Maybe because Hispanics come from a traditionally patriarchal society? That's my guess. Maybe the Daddy-thing comes from the same, but non-Hispanic, societal reason (male dominance)?

I'm glad I put a "YUCK" choice in the poll for you all........ I'm starting to feel like a freak over here because of you guys! Where are my Papi/Daddy sisters? LOL I need your support so I can feel normal again.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is he your "Daddy/Papi/Baby or Man"? noboundries Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison 57 05-13-2010 08:33 PM
You call him DADDY???? Temeron0926 Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison 4 11-09-2008 02:54 PM
Call Me Daddy!! onry Poetry 3 05-08-2006 05:02 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:50 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics