Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Institution for Women (CIW) - Chino
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Institution for Women (CIW) - Chino Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the California Institute for Women, located in Chino, California.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:35 PM

Default 2014-2017 CIW Visitation and Dress Code Q&A

Just got the email alert from CDCR. Anyone know why?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2015, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaynardAndMe View Post
Just got the email alert from CDCR. Anyone know why?
I would call the facility to find out why.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade266881 View Post
I would call the facility to find out why.
The entire prison is on lockdown until further notice. Apparently it is something very major.
Old 04-19-2015, 06:22 PM

Default How Long is visitation at CIW?

How long is visitation at CIW ? 1 hour ? 2 hours ? All day ? My Wife should be transferred there within this week and I'm trying to figure this out ahead of time. Thank you !
Old 07-08-2015, 10:57 AM

Pet peeve - it's not "visitation," it's "visiting." That said ... Currently, visiting runs from 8:30 (you'll probably actually see her come out about 9 am) until 3pm, Saturday and Sunday.

There's talk about changing that; inmates would alternate Sat/Sun based on their CDC #, or, visits would be limited to 3 hours. But so far nothing's come of that (I think there'd be riots).
Old 07-08-2015, 06:09 PM

Hmm, says "visitation" on the cdcr site. But, thx for the info for the next person. COuldn't find it anywhere originally.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:37 PM

I know, it's a common screw-up, even prison staffers don't get it right. Visitation implies death... Visiting is for the living.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/visitation

vs. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/visit (ed; ing)...
Old 07-22-2015, 09:31 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 19,223 Times in 6,905 Posts
Default 2015 CIW Visitation and Dress Code Q&A

Questions regarding visitation, applying to visit, visitation procedures and dress code belong here.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:14 AM

I know there isn't much movement on this board, but I am hoping someone can shed some light on visiting here. We just got moved here, and I'm heading for my first visit next weekend. Apparently, he is in C facility, and there is a separate entrance for that visiting. I was advised by him not to go through the main gate, but that C facility has it's own address. I can't find it. Can anyone help?
Old 05-03-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimone2004 View Post
Apparently, he is in C facility, and there is a separate entrance for that visiting.
Did you intend to post this here? This thread was about CIW, which is a women's facility.

R. Mc.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc50 View Post
Did you intend to post this here? This thread was about CIW, which is a women's facility.

R. Mc.
Nope, wrong thread! Sorry!
Old 12-11-2017, 06:09 PM

Default First Visit

I am planning on visiting a friend there in a month or two and will be flying in from out of state and I have a couple questions. What are some decent reasonably priced hotels nearby? Is there any sort of ride program so I wouldn't need to rent a car? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to andy9072 For This Useful Post:
missingdee (12-13-2017)
Old 12-13-2017, 03:56 PM

I visit at the Mens' facility in Chino. I can tell you that I stay at the Ayers Hotel in Chino, very close to the mens' facility. I get a discount because I visit at the prison. Hope that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to spunkylark For This Useful Post:
missingdee (12-13-2017)
Old 12-13-2017, 07:11 PM
She's Home! Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 4,952 Times in 1,938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy9072 View Post
I am planning on visiting a friend there in a month or two and will be flying in from out of state and I have a couple questions. What are some decent reasonably priced hotels nearby? Is there any sort of ride program so I wouldn't need to rent a car? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Andy,

Lark's suggestion is a good one. There's a few others I could suggest as far as proximity and low price if you're on a budget (if money isn't as much of an issue, Lark's suggestion is great, particularly if they do offer a discount for prison visitors.) If you want to go into Corona Proper, there's areas near the main drag...there's a Motel 6 on Lincoln Ave. just north of the 91 Freeway that's pretty close to everything. There's also a place called the Scottish Inn and Suites off the 91 that I partied at a couple times back in my reckless youth. LOL! Well-lit parking lot, clean, comfortable simple rooms and generally if you book in advance the prices are good with a good number of eating options nearby (the only issue is getting onto the freeway going westbound is a bit confusing....personally I'd hang a right on Lincoln, another on 6th and shoot on that way if I were staying there.) There's a Hampton Inn in Norco...about 10 minutes to the prison if you exit, hang a right on Hamner another right on First, an additional right on River Rd., take it to Schleisman and hang a left and that'll take you to Chino-Corona Rd. and the prison. Or if you want to stay in Chino, there's his suggestion, there's also an Extended Stay America off the 71 at Ramona, another Hampton off the 71 and Chino Ave., a Best Western near Grand and Peyton within spitting distance of the 71 (if you can't tell by now, the 71 is the main freeway through that area and will, in most cases be your connection to the prison which can be accessed off either the Central Ave. or Euclid Ave. exits...Euclid is probably a bit quicker but you have to backtrack a little bit going that way.)

There also several hotels near Ontario International Airport.

There are not any ride services to CIW that I am aware of. You're not supposed to bring cell phones into the facility, but I believe they will allow you to store your cell phone in a locker in the visiting processing area if you take a Lyft or Uber (I would double-check that either through your loved one you plan to visit or by calling visiting during the week and speaking to the seargent or lieutenant on duty and explaining.) Personally though, I would either rent a car or see if your loved one has a friend in there who gets visits that may be willing to help you get to and from the prison (be careful with this though and make sure that your loved one knows that they're reputable. The last thing you want to have happen is for your ride to be bringing in contraband and suddenly you're stuck because your ride's cuffed up and being held on suspicion of a crime.....and yes, this has happened, it's not likely, but not impossible. So fair warning.)

Chances are good that Officer Curtis will be working visiting. He's the only one there I trust. Good guy. If you have questions once you're there and he's behind the counter, that's the person you want to seek out.

Hopefully you'll be able to plan in a way that is most effective for you and have a game plan once you get to Chino.

Please let us know if you have more questions. My girl was at CIW for about 4 years so I know the good and bad of visiting there.

-E
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas