Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > CAPITAL PUNISHMENT > Death Row & Capital Punishment Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Death Row & Capital Punishment Discussions Discussions relating to inmates on Death Row / facing capital punishment in the United States and abroad that don't fit into any of the other forums

View Poll Results: Does your loved one send you gifts or personal items?
Yes 170 80.57%
No 41 19.43%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2006, 05:32 AM
Banned

Talking What do they give you?

Has your man or pen pal ever sent you anything other than a letter?
My pen pal is a talented artist and makes me cards all the time. I love them.
But my man who is on Death Row has gone one better and sent me his underwear!
Has your loved one done anything like this or am I just lucky?
Maybe you want him to send you things but he can't? I'd love to know what other people receive from these fantastic men on the row?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2006, 08:30 AM

My husband sends me lots of cards and hankeys (that are hand drawn).. He even had a Star named after me for Valentines day..
Old 11-16-2006, 08:34 AM
The Wife

Although my man and I have only just crossed over from friends into being in a relationship, he has had a friend on the yard make special cards for me. And as I know he has no money as such, heavens knows what he gives up to be able to do that for me???!!!!

Lorraine
Old 11-16-2006, 10:22 AM
I'm Gonna Stay

I have received portraits of myself... my nieces and nephews. I have received cards that I KNOW aren't sold on comissary. I wonder how does he get these. I have received a bracelet and cross chain.

Z-RO will be free
July 9, 2007

Old 11-16-2006, 11:09 AM

He has sent me 2 painted t shirts . One t shirt has his handprints all over it cause he wanted me to know how much he wants to touch me . It is cool because the handprints are multicolored . Another one has a flower painted on it and "X "s Lady " painted on it . He has send me his sweat pants , shirts, and his blanket .{ Never his undies ,although i am sure he would if I asked . } The state provides one blanket so he ordered a second one . ,He sent me the old worn out one when I sent him the money to replace it one year . . I have patched it several times already and I am like Linus with that blankey . . One time he managed to have a friend order a crystal bell with our names engraved on it . He earned the money to pay for it by selling paintings to others . The best thing he sent me , was one year on my birthday, he painted me a picture ,on canvas ,of a dozen roses and sent them to me . I have several of his paintings on my walls that was painted for me ,and several more in my closet hoping to sell .
Now he has also send me some of his chest hair cause I was whining about how much iI miss stroking chest hair .One time when he shaved his head ,he sent me his hair too . No pube hairs though ...........dont think I would want them .
Unfornuately since they have been moved ,the mail room isn't as open about those things , as it used to be .
Old 11-16-2006, 03:42 PM
Wifey Of Kelly Edwards

Kelly has sent me carts, pictures, drawlings, and woven necklaces. He has such a good heart

Come hell or high water I will be by my man's side
Old 11-17-2006, 06:11 AM
Bad Hair Day? me?

He sends me ccards he makes and hand drawn handkys. Also a couple of his shirts so i could sleep with him close to me aawww
Old 11-17-2006, 07:57 AM
Closed

My penpal sent me 3 total UGLY pictures with the order, I shall try to sell them so he gets money. I saw so many drawings from death row prisoners; it´s a German saying it´s only Knastkunst (prison-art)
They all draw the same. A tiger, birds or other animals, or a cross or Jesus.
Sure, I put the 3 UGLY drawings in the trash because it´s to expensice to send this trash back.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:55 PM

Shortly after writing to my pp he sent me the most beautiful card that he had made to thank me for writing to him. In his last letter he said that there was a surprise on its way to me ...
Old 04-08-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerschweinchen View Post
My penpal sent me 3 total UGLY pictures with the order, I shall try to sell them so he gets money. I saw so many drawings from death row prisoners; itīs a German saying itīs only Knastkunst (prison-art)
Sure, I put the 3 UGLY drawings in the trash because itīs to expensice to send this trash back.

DAMN, you are sooooooooooooooo rude!!!
If you donīt appreciate the paintings of your penpal, you really ainīt a good friend!!! SHAME ON YOU to throw the drawings away !!!
And by the way, my husband who is currently on FED D/R is an amazing talented artist, sending me a lot of drawings and paintings which are worth to be sold for an huge ammount, and itīs not just about birds, animals or whatsoever!
And even if he would send me those, and if they would might not look good enough to sell them - thatīs something coming from his heart!
I could NEVER throw them away!!!

Peace
The Following User Says Thank You to Twin-Twin For This Useful Post:
Cloudy (04-08-2011)
Old 02-22-2013, 01:50 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerschweinchen View Post
My penpal sent me 3 total UGLY pictures with the order, I shall try to sell them so he gets money. I saw so many drawings from death row prisoners; itīs a German saying itīs only Knastkunst (prison-art)
Sure, I put the 3 UGLY drawings in the trash because itīs to expensice to send this trash back.
What i lovely response, nobody could accuse you of not being honest ah..... wow god help him if his letters aren't to your taste. lol.!!
Old 11-17-2006, 04:14 PM
Closed

I have received a CD in a book of classical music with the instructions to listen to it alone as we were listening to it together, and he has sent my kids candy bars on occasion. He is always so thoughtful.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca01
I have received a CD in a book of classical music with the instructions to listen to it alone as we were listening to it together, and he has sent my kids candy bars on occasion. He is always so thoughtful.
Wow! that is very sweet of him. I'm just wondering how they get the "special" stuff they send out, especially when it's things like a cd... You could easily make a "weapon" of a CD, so I'm wondering where they get this stuff from.
This thread makes me soooo sad The "little" things from Death Row are actually huge... I would never ever call a picture from a death row inmate "ugly"...
Drawings are often all they can do... It is so sad

But it is nice to hear that the guards let them send out things like their clothes. When I asked my man to send me a shirt so I could "smell him" when I go to bed he said, there was no way for him to do so.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:39 PM

Wink

My friend has sent me a couple photos of girl pen pals of his,a store list,and a small but graphic drawing. Hes not allowed to send much of anything out.His neighbor a pen pal of mine sent me a card its was really nice. A pen pal from a different Death Row sends me religious essays that he writes a lot. He also sent me a photo of himself. He said it was the first photo he's had taken of himself in seven years. Yet another Death Row pen pal sends me art with every letter mostly animal drawings. I appreciate everything I get from a Death Row prisoner as most have very little to give other then thier time.

Last edited by Smelly; 11-17-2006 at 05:40 PM..
Old 11-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Banned

My man on the row sends my letters in really nice envelopes that he buys from another of the guys on the row. they have all kinds of drawings on them.
He has also sent me clothing of his etc...I'm not saying what...lol!
But I will say that I CAN smell him on them. Thats all I need sometimes, just to smell him so that I'm ok till the next visit.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:28 AM
Much loved and sorely missed PTO Hero!

Thanked 1,310 Times in 1,094 Posts

my pals send handmade cards, the hanky drawings, poems two pair of hand made ear rings, hand made crosses and even a beautiful leather purse with my name on it, a leather keyring also with my name on it
Old 11-22-2006, 01:45 AM
The Janitor Of God

Thanked 1,115 Times in 555 Posts

My friend is not allowed to send much of anything. She has on occasion sent drawings but I believe that is no longer allowed. Lots of cards, family photos, and things of that sort. We've been stymied by regulations many times over items we'd like to send each other--practically anything more personal than a letter is simply Verboten. There are a couple of potential ways around them, but I'd rather not discuss those in public.

Some years ago I corresponded for a time with a lifer in California who sent me a beautifully-made pottery piece. I still have and treasure it.

THIS NUT WON'T CRACK

Old 12-20-2006, 10:22 AM
Groovin' for Life
Donation Award 

My pal, who I love more then anything sent me this beautiful breast cancer bracelet last Christmas. It ment so much to me and the funny thing is that he just thought it was retty and had no idea that it would be something so significant to me.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Donation Award 

my husband is always sending things to us. he has sent me cards jewlery a portrit of the two of us jewlrey boxes picture frames.a coffee mug with our names and wedding date on it. he has even sent me a replica of a cell that one of the homies made. i love every little gift my husband has sent me

***My Husband is home and I am loving almost every second of it!!!***
The Following User Says Thank You to monet420 For This Useful Post:
Kat42 (12-16-2008)
Old 07-07-2007, 03:38 PM
I miss my baby

My fiancee sends me flowers all the time I got a dozen of roses 2 days ago. He sends me and our daughter shoes twice a month and clothes and he sends money..............my favorite gift
Old 07-23-2007, 09:36 AM
Account Closed

Thanked 1,803 Times in 837 Posts

Well like most of you I am lucky enough to get hand painted cards and handkerchiefs and stuff. I live by the beach and he has painted the view from my house from pictures that I have sent him. Who wants chocolates huh when you can get something as unique and special?

Mitch
Old 08-13-2007, 02:55 PM

Default Sq

What are SQ inmates allowed to send out? I have never asked for anything but would love a piece of clothing to wear. He sends me beautiful letters and painted cards he makes for me, he writes very sweet poems for me too and sends me pictures as often as he can.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:07 PM

Firstly I have to commend that photo of Monet 420 that baby is aaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddrrrrrrrrraaaaableeeeee x Now for my list, haha ha I have white T-shirts Boxers ( all clean ) his chain that was around his neck when he was convicted 7 cd's (over 4 years) his hands drawn 3 times, his chest hair, it's grey now his deodorant was rolled on my letters, brut 33 hand made cards, part of his sheet that he tore, hand made pictures of us, all the envelopes have a Disney character, I think to much to mention here our first wedding band that he wore for a year. His birth certificate ( that was from his mom though ) All his family photo's. His life story !!!! I treasure everything he gives me, it's not just a gift it's a gift of life. Oh I forgot what he has given me. . . Stressful times

Last edited by Kat42; 12-16-2008 at 09:19 PM..
Old 08-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Married to my Soulmate

Even theo me and my friend have only been writing to each other for just 3 months,
He has sent me, 2 drawings he did, 7 poems he has written ,1 card he made and 5 photos of himself ,
along with the best letters ever xxx
Old 10-28-2009, 05:23 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

One of my penpals sent me a little jewelry box that someone made out of pencils, but you can't tell and it's really pretty, lined and everything. When I visited him, he asked what I put in it, and I told him it's a prayer box and I put his name in there first. He said he really liked that.