Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Missouri that do not fit into any other Missouri sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:07 PM

Erin, my prayers are with you and your loved one. My 22yr old son is in Fulton Mo waiting to be classified and sent to a permanent place. He is in on a drug charge and probation violation (he went to rehab out of state).
Like you I having trouble coping. I just can't stop crying and worrying. I have had people say well maybe he'll learn his lesson or he should have known better. Yes that may be true but he's my son and I love and miss him. Anytime you want to talk I'm here.
Linda
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2013, 08:52 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinoia View Post
My name is Erin. My finacee and I are just starting our walk through the system. He has several priors all non violent drug offenses, but this is his first real walk. Nothing is completely settled as of yet we are looking at a type A felony with an offer of 20 years first time down. Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst. Stressful, he is out on surity bond, and on house arrest while we wade through this mess. We lost everything in the process except the people who make our house a home, the kids, our mastiffs. I am devastated as I am sure you all very much understand, and quite frightened. I am chronically sick with CFS/Fibromyalgia and I counted on him for more than some women count on their men, from cooking and dealing with the kids and house chores during flare ups, when I can be bedridden for weeks on end, to finacially as working has become a hit or miss for me for the last few years due to illnesses. No one truly understands, I get alot of "well this was your choice to fall in love with him and you knew this could be your reality..." to "You should just cut ties and find a man who can actually be present..." To just straight up looks of either disgust or pity. I feel displaced and alien to my own life, I am starting to check out and fall into a depression as the days that we have together before this seperation dwindle. I wake up crying, go to bed crying, spend most of my days on the verge of tears. I stay as positive as I can in front of him, as he is already dealing with so much anguish and guilt, feling as though he is abandoning us, putting me in a position to fail, knowing he will miss time with the kids he will never get back. We are dealing with some emotional and behaviorial issues the kids are starting to display as they are told small pieces of info as we go through court processes, trying to stay honest without making them more fearful, they want to know how long over and over, but we have no answers. I'm thankful this forum exists, and I hope to become part of this wonderfully understanding and supportive network of people that I have seen here. Thank you.
I am so sorry that you are going through this. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please remember God dose not close any doors without leaving a window open. God bless you..........
Old 03-23-2013, 11:34 AM

Default hello

Hello everyone
My name is Derick and I am new to this site and I am from Missouri. I am an ex Con. My charges were Property damage in the first with a 4 yr term and a Arson in the 2nd with a 5yr SIS. I have recently become unemployed,and in past years that wasnt really a big deal but it seems now it is even harder to find work with a felony on your record. I have always either done sales jobs or manual labor but my sales is limited due to it was a small family business in small engine. I havent been in trouble since 2002 and all my time has been done since 2007 but even so I am still being punished. I dont understand our justice system,I havent been in trouble in so many years but yet it still causes such an issue. I feel like I am being punished for a mistake I made for the rest of my life. Well anyway I wanted to introduce myself to everyone else here. If you have any advice for me it is more than welcome.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:00 AM
Donation Award 

Erin, Be strong. Be brave. Don't let others define you. God works in mysterious ways. Have faith. Come here often and let us know how you're doing. "How long" is a common question. Depending on the age of the children an appropriate answer might be "When he learns all the things they are sending him there to learn." Hoping you will find friendship and support at your local church, and if you don't have one, find one.
You need not be alone! Spring is right around the corner...."We Hope". Sunny days and beautiful flowers are due soon . Take a deep breath. I'm sorry for you illness.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:11 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDCRAGHEAD View Post
Hello everyone
My name is Derick and I am new to this site and I am from Missouri. I am an ex Con. My charges were Property damage in the first with a 4 yr term and a Arson in the 2nd with a 5yr SIS. I have recently become unemployed,and in past years that wasnt really a big deal but it seems now it is even harder to find work with a felony on your record. I have always either done sales jobs or manual labor but my sales is limited due to it was a small family business in small engine. I havent been in trouble since 2002 and all my time has been done since 2007 but even so I am still being punished. I dont understand our justice system,I havent been in trouble in so many years but yet it still causes such an issue. I feel like I am being punished for a mistake I made for the rest of my life. Well anyway I wanted to introduce myself to everyone else here. If you have any advice for me it is more than welcome.
Derick, You are not alone when you say you don't understand the Justice System. It it totally unjust to continue to punish a person after they have served their time. I'm so sorry. Have you done a search on the internet for jobs for felons? They are listed. Good Luck.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:30 AM

Hi Derick, Sorry I don't have any advice but I do understand what you are talking about. Please hang in there. My son is in prison now because he couldn't find work and couldn't get help. Believe me we tried everything.He just gave up and now he's in Fulton waiting to be sent to another facility.
I'm new to this site but there seems to be a lot of nice people to lend you a friendly shoulder to lean on. You are in my prayers.
Linda
Old 04-12-2017, 01:58 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,549 Times in 1,540 Posts

This thread has been re-stuck.

Please post here if you are dealing with the Missouri Prison System or have someone in a local / county jail.