Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Recidivism and Re-entry
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Recidivism and Re-entry Share information, research, and personal experiences.

View Poll Results: Will he go back?
Of Course 21 10.45%
Not sure 8 3.98%
I hope Not 87 43.28%
NO NO NO ... NEVER 85 42.29%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2015, 09:11 PM

Thanked 1,271 Times in 644 Posts

I voted not sure, because my friend was a young kid that got wrapped up with the wrong people and got hit with murder.

I seriously doubt he will commit murder again. He does not nor did he ever have a problem with drugs or alcohol, so that is nice to know.

No one will ever know for sure what another will do prior prison or not.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:02 PM
Kaitlin

Nope, never. And if Cam ever went back, that's it for me. I can wait this bid out, but the loneliness and sadness is too heavy to carry for another however many years once he's released.

I feel like as much as one should never say never, it really is never lol. I have no doubts that he will get out and be there for me/his family. All it takes is a lot of love and a strong support system in my opinion.

Some people just don't change though! And in that case I say- look out for your own well being. It's impossible to help an individual if they don't want it.

If someday the moon calls you by your name,
Don't be surprised.
Because every night
I tell her about you.
Old 11-07-2015, 03:22 AM

Thanked 1,702 Times in 902 Posts

Always a possibility, I think many people here, especially young ones wrapped up in some weird ass arrests need to realize, there is always the chance that this life goes on forever. Messed UP!! Of course there are many where it was a big stupid mistake. And I think the ones involved with the others know it may be more than anticipated.
More than a few need to realize that its not so simple to just get off parole and change things around to fit corrections departments.
Will he go back? You got a 50\50 chance.at best.
Old 11-07-2015, 11:15 AM

Well I said I hope not...but unfortunately things did not rurn out that way....My husband did 4 years in state prison. He's been in and out but that's long before I met him. He was home for the past 6 years doing really well and I really thought he was going to be ok. Lately we went through some really difficult financial times and he turned to drugs again and got into trouble and is in the county jail right now. I really hope he does not get prison time but I know in reality he probably will. Everything he has done in his past has been related to drugs and I'm really hoping he can get the help and treatment he needs but right now it's just a matter of waiting...I also said I'd never go through this again but he's my husband and I love him and can't turn my back on him...the situation really sucks. I guess deep down inside I always knew there was a chance of this happening....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ricoswifey For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-07-2015), WeepingWillow (11-07-2015)
Old 11-07-2015, 02:03 PM
PTO Staff on LOA

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,440 Times in 997 Posts

I know for a fact my husband is never going back.. He's free now for sure!!

"
There is no question that in virtually all circumstances in which people are doing things in order to get rewards, extrinsic tangible rewards undermine intrinsic motivation." the New Scientist (12th April 2011, pp 40-43)

" Every life you touch, every fear or pain you ease, every loved ones' heart that you ease the burden from is the reason you are here."
The Following User Says Thank You to jadah For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (03-12-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 04:37 AM
Ride-or-Die Fiance

For a new crime? I know he will never go back.

For a parole violation? Depends on how oppressive of a PO he gets. Like he got a parole violation once just because he lost his job and couldn't get one in a certain amount of time.

Or sometime in May...
Old 03-12-2017, 06:13 AM

I don't think anyone could say a positive yes and be confident with their answer.
My answer is I hope not. He told me several times he's not going to do anything to separate us again because this is killing him. He's no spring chicken either. He Will be 47 next month and I'll be 40 in June. Before he went in we had a perfect marriage great relationship he raised our daughter perfectly and she graduates soon and is already signed up for college. There is always the possibility that his parole officer could be an ass and give him technical violations but to get a new case??? He better not because even though it would kill me I won't do this ever again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nygirl17 For This Useful Post:
missingdee (03-16-2017), WeepingWillow (03-21-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 11:48 AM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,078 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
I don't think anyone could say a positive yes and be confident with their answer.
My answer is I hope not. He told me several times he's not going to do anything to separate us again because this is killing him. He's no spring chicken either. He Will be 47 next month and I'll be 40 in June. Before he went in we had a perfect marriage great relationship he raised our daughter perfectly and she graduates soon and is already signed up for college. There is always the possibility that his parole officer could be an ass and give him technical violations but to get a new case??? He better not because even though it would kill me I won't do this ever again.
I voted the same.......a 100% certainty of "never" is a bit much. Nobody knows where life is going to take you or what you're going to do (or attempt to do) to get through it, and once you've been in, the cards are stacked against you a bit more than they are against someone without a record.

For your sake though, I hope he's done with prison after this.

3 months post-release with Dee...her mind is in a completely different place than before she was locked up. If she keeps her mind focused the way it is right now, I'm pretty sure prison is in the rear view. But I can only hope that's 100% the case. I guess it's the same for most, if not all of us.
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
The Following User Says Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
K6770 (03-18-2017)