Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Federal prison Visitation info & issues, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:41 PM

Default FCI Gilmer-West Virginia

I wanted to know if anyone can give me any info on FCI GILMER in west Virginia? Like visiting,is it Monday- Friday (that's what my husband heard) or is it weekends only? What's visiting like.The nearest airport? Where to stay? Motels,hospitality house? Stuff like that.Thank you.

Camposncali
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2009, 08:06 AM

Good Morning--
FCI gilmer has visiting on fri sat sun 8-3 You can fly inot Charleston,wv its about and hour and a half... there is also a best western down the bottom of the hill.. feel free to contact me since i do got every 3- 4 weeks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by camposncali View Post
I wanted to know if anyone can give me any info on FCI GILMER in west Virginia? Like visiting,is it Monday- Friday (that's what my husband heard) or is it weekends only? What's visiting like.The nearest airport? Where to stay? Motels,hospitality house? Stuff like that.Thank you.

Camposncali
Old 06-25-2009, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRBM View Post
Good Morning--
FCI gilmer has visiting on fri sat sun 8-3 You can fly inot Charleston,wv its about and hour and a half... there is also a best western down the bottom of the hill.. feel free to contact me since i do got every 3- 4 weeks..

Thanks so much JRBM. I'm still not sure when or if i will be going out there. But now at least I know the nearest airport and motel. Again thank you.
Do you live in WV? And how is visiting is it really laid back or are the co's jerks?
The Following User Says Thank You to camposncali For This Useful Post:
ThopterMom (06-22-2018)
Old 06-29-2009, 07:08 PM
family -cradle to grave
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,350 Times in 703 Posts
Default gilmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by camposncali View Post
Thanks so much JRBM. I'm still not sure when or if i will be going out there. But now at least I know the nearest airport and motel. Again thank you.
Do you live in WV? And how is visiting is it really laid back or are the co's jerks?
MY family visited Gilmer Sat and Sunday I was told they no longer have a point system. We had 11 people visit my grandson They had a head count because of fog Sat morning so we couldnt visit until 10:30 but the visitng room officers were curtious and friendly. A little frazzled but helpfull and made the whole day comfortable not like the trama I received at Allenwood Friday. The visiting room officers were pleasant as well. He even shook the food loose that was stuck in the machine emptyed the whole top row and my 4 grand kids had a feast. It was a wonderfull day. Started off bad, wrong pants, wrong shoes . But we bought at the dollar store and visited my grandson Some new rules not on the clothing list of the bop web site. but we worked it all out.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:26 PM
ByHisSide

i have a brother at Gilmer not sure if u still need the info
Old 08-12-2009, 03:33 PM

My husband is at Gilmer, but it's too far away, so we don't have visits. It sucks!!!
Old 09-08-2009, 10:01 PM

My husband is in Gilmer and it is hard to get there to visit, but I try to go every month. Never any problems with getting in to see him....just know that they change policies without notification so ALWAYS bring back up clothes and shoes in the car with you to change. Even if you have a jacket on...ladies...not sleeveless anything....even under a jacket and NO OPEN TOE SHOES.
The Following User Says Thank You to nixgrl71 For This Useful Post:
donazerozero (09-11-2009)
Old 09-09-2009, 04:52 PM
RDAP here we come!

My honey is @ the Gilmer Camp and I always wear open toe shoes. He loves it since he has a foot fetish
Old 09-11-2009, 12:30 AM
family -cradle to grave
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hehasMEhooked View Post
My honey is @ the Gilmer Camp and I always wear open toe shoes. He loves it since he has a foot fetish
you are so lucky.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:33 AM
family -cradle to grave
Donation Award 

Default visits

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddslady View Post
My husband is at Gilmer, but it's too far away, so we don't have visits. It sucks!!!

That is so sad. The isolation must be terrible for him. I think its friday I wish I was there. Sat. too Sun too. I should be there I feel so guilty.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:44 AM

He does feel like he is all alone. Especially now, because his father just passed away on Sunday 9/13/09. It's been rough for him, and now we're running short on minutes since he was having to call Maine (where he's from). His unit manager said he would try to get his some bereavement minutes, but we don't see that happening. I totally understand the guilt thing, too.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:11 PM
family -cradle to grave
Donation Award 

Quote:
He does feel like he is all alone. Especially now, because his father just passed away on Sunday 9/13/09. It's been rough for him, and now we're running short on minutes since he was having to call Maine (where he's from). His unit manager said he would try to get his some bereavement minutes, but we don't see that happening. I totally understand the guilt thing, too.

Life can be so cruel. So sick of them being in control. they don't care just a paycheck.They don't have a heart will u still visit?
Old 09-16-2009, 02:45 PM

I have not been able to visit since he was moved there in April 2008. It's just too far away, and I don't have the money to make that kind of trip. I would figure out a way to do it, but he wants me to hang onto the money, and take care of things here, like the girls. It shouldn't be too much longer, and he'll be getting transferred out of there to an rdap spot. Hopefully that will be a lot closer to home!
The Following User Says Thank You to toddslady For This Useful Post:
donazerozero (09-27-2009)
Old 09-27-2009, 10:38 AM
family -cradle to grave
Donation Award 

Quote:
I have not been able to visit since he was moved there in April 2008. It's just too far away, and I don't have the money to make that kind of trip. I would figure out a way to do it, but he wants me to hang onto the money, and take care of things here, like the girls. It shouldn't be too much longer, and he'll be getting transferred out of there to an rdap spot. Hopefully that will be a lot closer to home!

You both have children? We saw a lot of children there and not to much pressure to stay seated. There were games to play and a tv room. A little more lax than some prisons. but guards were alert Do you email write or call?
Old 10-27-2009, 04:17 PM
depress

Default please gime a help my husbn is also at gilmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hehasMEhooked View Post
please tell m hw to there I live in new york
Old 10-27-2009, 05:28 PM

please feel free to call me or im me back im going on the 12th of nov...im in ny as well.... no worries ill help u...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayra sanz View Post
please tell m hw to there I live in new york
Old 10-29-2009, 04:53 PM

We have two girls...now 10 and 18. He's been locked up for 7 1/2 years, so they've pretty much grown up without him. We don't have visits, but we do use up all our phone minutes, write every day, and are loving the email now!!! We are on the short end of this now. Still three years to go, but that's short compared to what we've already done. So, we'll be fine!!! Just ready for him to get out of Gilmer!!! He HATES it there. I think that is just because he's TIRED of doing time, and knowing we're getting closer isn't helping with his patience!
Old 06-07-2018, 09:27 PM

I see these posts are really old is anyone still going to Gilmore i need info