Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Information relating to the Colorado Department of Corrections. This includes info about Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail.

Old 01-16-2018, 07:59 AM

Default Holiday Package Issues: Black mold on food. Is there someone we can contact

My LO is at Crowley. The last coinmate order was the first time we have had more than the normal issues. This time some of the food had black mold on it! Like the cornbread cakes they gave the inmates in their own holiday bags! As far as I can tell we have absolutely no recourse of any kind for ANY issues with the orders. Does anyone know anything differently? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM001 View Post
My LO is at Crowley. The last coinmate order was the first time we have had more than the normal issues. This time some of the food had black mold on it! Like the cornbread cakes they gave the inmates in their own holiday bags! As far as I can tell we have absolutely no recourse of any kind for ANY issues with the orders. Does anyone know anything differently? Thanks
As soon as he discovered the issue he should contact Canteen at the facility. They can request a credit be sent to you or whoever bought his package. You can also call Union Supply and see what they say. I know it's more difficult to get credits from the private facilities versus the state facilities.

The Following User Says Thank You to nancyginnm For This Useful Post:
xolady (01-16-2018)
Old 04-26-2018, 03:51 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
As soon as he discovered the issue he should contact Canteen at the facility. They can request a credit be sent to you or whoever bought his package. You can also call Union Supply and see what they say. I know it's more difficult to get credits from the private facilities versus the state facilities.
This happened while my husband was at CMRC. He reported it, we never got any kind of refund.