Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Information relating to the Colorado Department of Corrections. This includes info about Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail.

Old 04-26-2018, 02:43 AM
Married May 27, 2017!

Default Can they keep mail sent to them in jail when they transfer to DOC?

So my husband is being held at El Paso County Criminal Justice Center, and I was wondering, if I were to send him mail there if he would be allowed to bring it into DOC when he transfers back there. I had this card that I got that I wanted to send him, but then we had our no-contact order when he got into the halfway house. The jail is still accepting cards.

Should I send it to him? Do you think he would be able to keep it when he got to DOC or would he have to trash it before transfer? Unfortunately, some of the words are white on a colored background so a copy given to him by DOC (if I were to wait) might not show up well black and white...

Should I just mail him but not anything really important? He doesn't know when he'll be transferred.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenwyn View Post
So my husband is being held at El Paso County Criminal Justice Center, and I was wondering, if I were to send him mail there if he would be allowed to bring it into DOC when he transfers back there. I had this card that I got that I wanted to send him, but then we had our no-contact order when he got into the halfway house. The jail is still accepting cards.

Should I send it to him? Do you think he would be able to keep it when he got to DOC or would he have to trash it before transfer? Unfortunately, some of the words are white on a colored background so a copy given to him by DOC (if I were to wait) might not show up well black and white...

Should I just mail him but not anything really important? He doesn't know when he'll be transferred.
From what I was told by do see, they are not allowing any cards into the facility so I assume he would probably have to send the card home or destroy it when he gets to a DOC facility.

If it were me I would send it to the jail just to cheer him up for now.

Old 04-26-2018, 11:39 AM

Thanked 5,946 Times in 3,102 Posts

Quote:

Aren't you under a no contact order? That includes mail phones third party contact. He is under lifetime supervision correct me if I'm wrong but isn't your trying to contact him a violation?
Old 04-26-2018, 03:45 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
Aren't you under a no contact order? That includes mail phones third party contact. He is under lifetime supervision correct me if I'm wrong but isn't your trying to contact him a violation?
So anyway, here's the deal. He was in a HALFWAY HOUSE and it was a PAROLE OFFICER's no contact order. It was never made court ordered. He is no longer in the halfway house, so it's not applicable at the moment.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:01 AM

Thanked 5,946 Times in 3,102 Posts

Quote:
So anyway, here's the deal. He was in a HALFWAY HOUSE and it was a PAROLE OFFICER's no contact order. It was never made court ordered. He is no longer in the halfway house, so it's not applicable at the moment.
Ok sorry I was just thinking ahead as I'm sure your hoping he will get out of jail and generally PO's are the ultimate when it comes to those who are on parole.
Old 04-27-2018, 02:25 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
Ok sorry I was just thinking ahead as I'm sure your hoping he will get out of jail and generally PO's are the ultimate when it comes to those who are on parole.
He was never officially on parole. He was in community corrections only. Meaning he was still considered incarcerated. He had a parole officer because he was on the outside, but he basically failed the community corrections program due to his ADD issues and got sent back.

At any rate they had made it so he wasn't allowed any non-business correspondence from ANYONE while he was in the halfway house. They were also supposed to talk to me first and then decide about letting him contact me or not. It's in their own riles. They never contacted me at all.

So yeah, he's in jail, and that's the way it is. By the way, his parole officer and therapist didn't even have the decency to call me or his mom and explain he was going back. Had he not called, I would not have known.
Old 04-27-2018, 02:44 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

Also his therapist and parole officer had stated FROM THE BEGINNING that they felt that the community corrections board had made a mistake and that they would not rest until he went back to prison. So they took me away, they took his mom away, they didn't even let someone else he knew write him an encouragement card, they made him go to treatment 6 TIMES a WEEK, they were trying to find ANYTHING to send him back for.

I found out via the advocacy group that this therapist and parole offucee work together and have a vendetta against anyone of his type of offense.

They were not going to give him a fair chance.

He basically said if talking to me is the straw that breaks the camel's back, so be it, had he known we would be cut off he never would have tried to get out to begin with. We are legally married, I had passed the grilling by his former treatment board, I do not have children or any access to children, there was no legitimate reason to take me from him. His choice I'd to go back to prison so we can resume our marriage and hope for a better chance next time.

Again, they never intended to give him.a fair chance.