Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Probation, Supervised Release, Halfway House and Community Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Probation, Supervised Release, Halfway House and Community Supervision This forum is dedicated to information & discussions relating to U.S. Federal Probation & Community Supervision, including half-way houses.

Old 03-24-2014, 04:50 PM
Donation Award 

Default Early Termination of Supervision

Hello,
I was sentenced in U.S. District Court. I was supervised out of D.C. Federal Probation, but it was transferred to a Baltimore PO.
I was sentenced to three years of federal supervised probation on January 1, 2013. I was also given a fine, and community service. All the fines were paid in the first month, and the community service was completed in 6 months.

When I was doing my pre-sentence investigation, the PO said that as long as I don't mess up I would be off in 1 year. So after one year I called the PO (different PO than the one who said I'd be done after one year) and she said that she is too busy, and that I should call back next month and she will review my case.
So I wait another month and she says "Oh, I'm busy...I need to review your case...Call me next month.."
So I wait another month, and call her again and she says "I'm busy, I can't review your file until next month..." So I told her that she said that last month...and she said that because each district is different she has to review my file. So I ask her if she would oppose me getting off supervision and she says it's not up to her, and that all she does is submit the file. She said she has NO SAY in whether or not I get off. She says it's up to the district I'm sentenced out of.

So I don't know what to do anymore. I don't have the money for an attorney. I was going to write to the judge asking for early termination but I don't even know what I should write, or who to file it with....

I searched the website and it says since this is a misdemeanor I am eligible to ask for early termination. But I also read it's up to the PO. And my PO says it's not up to her....

If anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2014, 05:12 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,291 Times in 13,383 Posts

Here's a link to the US Probation Officer's supervision manual. Unless you can convince your PO to submit a request for early termination to the court (or maybe the DC PO ?) your chances are minimal. Best of luck.
http://www.fd.org/docs/select-topics...h-109_2010.pdf
Old 03-24-2014, 05:32 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Here's a link to the US Probation Officer's supervision manual. Unless you can convince your PO to submit a request for early termination to the court (or maybe the DC PO ?) your chances are minimal. Best of luck.
Thanks for that. Do you by any chance know where I can view my sentencing court record? I am on PACER right now but it is not in any of the documents and I paid $1.40 to find out!
Old 03-25-2014, 07:25 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,291 Times in 13,383 Posts

No idea other than Pacer. They didn't collect small bills in the past, but I haven't used it in awhile.