Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Parole, Probation, Pre-Release & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri Parole, Probation, Pre-Release & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation, pre-release/treatment centers, or release in Missouri should be posted here.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:10 PM

Default What is a board hold

My bf is currently in fulton, I called p&p today they said he wld not have a parole hearing that he was a board hold. That they wld get a violation report and then after they make a decision his ipo will let him know. She tried to explain but I didn't really understand. Thanks

mamajett
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2018, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajett View Post
My bf is currently in fulton, I called p&p today they said he wld not have a parole hearing that he was a board hold. That they wld get a violation report and then after they make a decision his ipo will let him know. She tried to explain but I didn't really understand. Thanks

mamajett
Can i have info on this? My bf just got the same letter 2 weeks ago and im going crazy here wondering! Hes back on a PV with a new charge. No one else in his wing has heard of this. Thank you
Old 10-28-2018, 02:59 AM

A "board hold" means the Board is holding him in custody for a parole violation pending disposition of the violation.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:49 AM

I know this is an old post but maybe someone can help me. My fiancé is currently in az prison for a probation violation, hes got a warrant out of Missouri for a case in 2007, that he was sentenced to probation for but he left Missouri in 2008. So because he has an active non extraditable warrant he doesn't qualify to get out as early as we expected, he wrote to the Missouri court to see about resolving the case from here, I checked the Missouri case.net and it says P&P letter filed. What does this mean and is there any way that he can get this resolved in a timely manner from prison?

Old 06-27-2019, 01:09 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,632 Times in 16,400 Posts

Your fiancé violated his probation in Missouri, so he owes them some time. Sounds like his PO has requested / received a warrant on your fiancé for absconding. An attorney may be able to file something to get the case on the docket in Missouri and/or possibly get the case taken care of (concurrent with the time he's serving now / time served [?]). Good luck, I do hope he can get it resolved so when his release rolls around he's actually released.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Aa24 (06-27-2019), GingerM (06-28-2019)
Old 06-27-2019, 01:41 PM

Default board hold

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Your fiancé violated his probation in Missouri, so he owes them some time. Sounds like his PO has requested / received a warrant on your fiancé for absconding. An attorney may be able to file something to get the case on the docket in Missouri and/or possibly get the case taken care of (concurrent with the time he's serving now / time served [?]). Good luck, I do hope he can get it resolved so when his release rolls around he's actually released.
Thank you so much for the info, we were hoping he would get released in December 2019 but because of the warrant he wont get released until March 2020. The warrant is non extraditable so they wont transport him but if he cant resolve it he stay ineligible for his early release so he has to wait til March to get out.