Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Remembering Those That Passed While In Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Remembering Those That Passed While In Prison This forum is for all those - family, friends, spouses, wives, husbands, significant others, brothers, sisters, parents, and children - who lost a loved one or friend while incarcerated.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:01 AM

Default Grief Process - There is Hope and a Future

The grief process at the onset is difficult, but as time passes we'll begin again to look for reasons to hope. Hope based on absolutes and an eternal future offers a comforting and motivating perspective. In the Psalms we are told, "I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living."

God promises us refreshment and hope, first through salvation in the Lord Jesus Christ, who died for our sins and rose again to give us all a future in heaven. If we believe in Jesus Christ, we not only have a future here on earth but we have a future in heaven with Him. John 3:36a says, "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life."

When we believe in Jesus Christ, grief soon turns to hope. Before long, we are greeting each day again with anticipation and eagerly awaiting our future with Him. John 10:28 says, "And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; nor shall anyone snatch them out of My hand."

Also remember that Thessalonians 4:13 says first off, you must not carry on over them like people who have nothing to look forward to, as if the grave were the last word. Since Jesus died and broke loose from the grave, God will most certainly bring back to life those who died in Jesus.

Keep the Faith. We loved them, but God loved them best.
Sponsored Links