Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Connecticut Prison and Jail Specific Discussions Profiles and information about Connecticut prisons

Old 01-05-2005, 04:37 PM
Just Waiting

Default Is your loved one in Macdougall

I see that alot of people have people in alot of other prisons. I haven't seen to many people that have loved ones in Macdougal. Maybe it's just because I'm new.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2005, 05:09 PM

Monkeybutt, I am new here too and my man is in Webster in Cheshire, CT. Have not had any luck finding anyone on here that has anyone in Connecticut. If you need someone to talk to feel free to PM me anytime.

Tammy
Old 01-06-2005, 11:27 AM

Hi Ladies!

It has always amazed me how many prisons are in CT, but yet there were not to many members here at PTO with loved ones in the CDOC. We DO have several members who have someone in CT.

I have a friend who is in a CT facility, but its Carl Robinson CI.

Both of you WELCOME to PTO! If there is something, anything that I can help you with please feel free to PM me.

Heather
Old 01-06-2005, 11:31 AM

Thank you Heather for the welcome!

Tammy
Old 01-06-2005, 11:38 AM
Closed

my man is trying to go back to mcdougall....before he gets his contacts back in february. right now he's at corrigan in uncasville.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:38 AM
Just Waiting

Question

I wish more people would be from CT here. I told my boo about it and I know that he's going to tell a couple of people about it so maybe the word would get out. My uncle is in Chesire I haven't made it out there to see him which is kinda sad because it's closer to me then Macdougal but I'm at Macdougal at least 3 times a week. I wish he would get trasfered back to Macdougal but he can't since his brothers there and that wouldn't be good. So....
Old 10-16-2005, 04:19 PM

I have a relative in McDougal my dad actually and I'm orginally from CT but moved to VA recently and plan on going back to visit my dad as soon as I can get the papers.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:25 PM

my boyfriend just got moved to macdougall walker does anyone know how is it in walker section and if any of you mind taking some one with you up to macdougall im desperate need of ride i cant afford to go on my own.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:50 PM

I have a friend in Macdougall. I'm trying to find some ppl to ride out there with me. I live in Waterbury and most of the ppl that post live far away from me.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahkell
I have a friend in Macdougall. I'm trying to find some ppl to ride out there with me. I live in Waterbury and most of the ppl that post live far away from me.
If you look at LIFE backwards and move the {E} you will find a FILE What's in your's?
Old 01-17-2006, 05:33 PM

My fiance was just transferred out of Macdougal last week. He was there for about 9 months I think, but his level dropped and they just moved him to Osborn.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:45 AM

My hunni just got moved to Macdougal. At least i think. We had a system set up that he would call me in the AM if he was still in BPT CC and he didnt call yesterday am or pm. I hope to hear from him today. I hate going a day with out hearing from him. I have a question though. I sent visiting forms to BPT but they hadnt been proccessed yet. Sense I think hes moved should i send another one to Macdougal or will BPT still proccess them? Also his 21 birthday is on feb 15, do u think I will be able to see him by then? I really dont want him to be alone on that day. Is there anything i can do to speed up the process? Thank you PTO for giving us a place to help and be helped.

~!~!~!~!only 7 years 11 months and 13 days to go~!~!~!~!~!
Old 02-01-2006, 01:09 PM

Lovin
I know by your statement that you are not on the visiting list yet but call the prison (bpt) anyway and just ask if they have visits today. If they say no then the prison might be on a temporary lock down. They do that occasionally. Also check the DOC web site to see where they have him listed. Sometimes that is faster than him being able to call you. I would find out exactly where he is before you mail your visit forms anywhere. He may be in walker for evaluation and if so they are usually there for 6 weeks or so and they are pretty fast at processing that. Has he gone through his evaluation to find out his level and exact release date yet. Let me know if I can be of any help. I think I still have the macdougal visit schedule.
Loving my papi chulo club #69

Last edited by holdingmybreath; 02-01-2006 at 01:13 PM..
Old 02-01-2006, 10:40 PM

FYI, they ARE on lockdown at BCC. I called numerous times over the past couple of days and was simply told that "none of the counselors are available." I thought sure my honey was gonna call last night, so when I didn't hear from him, I called MCI to see when the last attempted call was and they told me that it was yesterday at 1:30PM....He NEVER calls during the day so I knew something was up, especially since he didn't call back last night....Finally I called again this afternoon and got a really nice CO who told me that the jail is on lockdown. So there you have it...Hope that eases your mind a bit. Your man didn't call because he couldn't. We're in the same boat
Old 02-01-2006, 10:42 PM

Hey holdinmybreath, what are the temp lockdowns about? Why do they do that? Do they still give them mail and stuff?? Give me the scoop cause I have no clue.....Thanks for your help.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:37 PM

BPT is off lock down!!! Yay! They wont tell them what happend but every inmate was stip searched and cell was searched. Im happy its over. But i do have a question. Are counslors in on weekends?

They dont have a ticker that works for 8 years...
2014 Club Member #7
Old 02-03-2006, 05:24 PM

Hey lovin, I just got in the house and see that my honey called this afternoon, so I was coming here to post that they are off lockdown but I see you beat me to it...LOL. I doubt the counselors work on weekends....not that they do REAL work when they are there. LOL. I've been calling my honey's counselor for almost two weeks straight and have yet to reach him or receive a return call from him...GRRRR!!!
Old 02-04-2006, 07:41 PM

Bhill
there are a couple of different reasons they go on lockdown. One reason someone got into a fight. The whole place gets locked down to avoid a riot. Second they could have found a weapon. Third, sometimes they do sweeps of the whole place to make sure no one has anything they shouldnt weapons, illeagal contraban,
whatever. I don't want to dampen anyone's spirits but the counselors are probably not going to call you back. They are not in on weekends. everything to deal with the counselor has to go through your boyfriend, fiance, husband ( i cant remember your status). They are not big on speaking to outsiders. Ask your man to put in a slip to see his counselor and he will get a response much faster than you will. It usually takes about 2-3 weeks from the time they receive your visit form until you are approved and on the list. One way to find out if you have been placed on is to call the prison and whoever answers the phone tell them you want to go visit and see if you are on the list yet. they can tell you then. I'm not sure if that is what you need the counselor for, If I can be of anymore help drop a note.
Loving my papi chulo club #69
Old 02-18-2006, 09:19 PM

my husband is in Macdougal and i have been doing that drive for over 10yrs
Old 01-29-2008, 03:55 PM

My soon to be husband, very soon hopefully is at Macdougall. Anyone else in CT the CT site seems very quite for a long time now. I also told my fiance about the site hoping to get more people from CT on PTO. It would be great to have more info like so many of the other states on here. But if not it is always still great to be able to have a connection here no matter how near or far anyone maybe. Having PTO to turn to has helped me so much in the past few weeks.
First Timers Club #74
Missing MY SOULMATE Club # 85

[noscdyear=2012&month=06&day=14&offset=offset[/noscd] until my love returns home
Old 01-30-2008, 07:47 AM

I have tried to get this CT forum going but nothing seems to help. I try to reach out to all new comers but it never seems to work. I have a couple of ex's that are locked up. dont talk to either one of them..but if you ever need to talk you can pm me anytime..

Old 01-30-2008, 03:57 PM

Thanks I appreciate that. We'll keep tryin and see if we cant get it going this time around.
First Timers Club #74

[noscdyear=2012&month=06&day=14&offset=offset[/noscd] until my love returns home
Old 02-01-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-OWifey
Thanks I appreciate that. We'll keep tryin and see if we cant get it going this time around.
Hi,

Would you mind giving me some general info regarding MacDougal? It's either there or Cheshire when sentencing time comes and I'm trying to gather as much info as possible before hand so that he can make the best decision for him. I already know that MacDougal has better visiting rules (which only makes sense since it is so much farther from home for me). What I'm more concerned with is how much rec time do they get there? How does your soon to be hubby "like" it there? I use the word like very very loosely. Any other relevant information you can provide would be appreciated.

If you don't feel like answering here please feel free to PM me.

Thank you in advance!
Old 02-06-2008, 02:54 PM

Hi My hubby likes it there he says that he wouldn't want to be transferred out. From what I gather from him they have lots of rec time and they have lots of jobs and programs that they can attend all day to keep them busy and the more involved they are the better it is when release time comes. He says that everyone is just trying to do they time and get out so there doesnt seem to be alot of problems between the inmates. The COs are very nice when visiting and the counselors seem to get right on things such as our wedding packet and forms with information. There is never a gurantee that they wont transfer you but he tells me that with a job your chances of them moving you drop. My phone has been blocked for a while so I dont know exactly when they come out and what times but I should know by Friday when he is able to call again but then again his may be different cause he works all day and is in a job release program so I dont know if that changes his rec. My friends man is in Cheshire and she has nothing but bad things to say about the facillity but then again sometimes it depends on the person so I cant say that for sure. Hope this helps.
First Timers Club #74

Old 02-10-2008, 03:20 PM

My fiace was just transferedto MacDougal on Wednesday night from HCC. He's not sentenced yet, but they transfered him because he has a high bond. He said that it's the worst jail he's ever been in. Because he's in the un-sentenced unit he's on lockdown 21 hours a day. No rec, no gym no going anywhere off the unit except medical or visits. And even though the visits are through glass for us, he said they still strip search them when they leave. It all sounds so crazy. He's supposed to be transfered to Bridgeport. Is it any better there? I know the visits are only 30 mins there so that sucks for me but he said he's not worried about visits if he can just get out of MacDougal