Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of New Jersey, including lockdowns.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:40 PM
I love u Baby,.......

Default Anyone have info on Essex County Correctional Facility in Newark?

Hiii Everyone am on here looking to get any information on Essex County Jail because my fiance just got transfered there on tuesday from Southern State on a immigration hold. He's been trying to contact me but the phones are sooo bad in that facility that every time he calls I don't hear anything in the background.

They started deportation proceedings on him because of a CDS charge back when hes was younger. Am trying to find out if theres any way he can stay in the US because he is from the Dominican Republic and he came here when he was 17.His step mother gained legal guardianship over him when she filed his petition and shes a US Citizen shes married to his father and when he came his father was only a resident but know he is a citizen. We have a daughter together and she's a citizen but will he qualify for automatic citizenship? If not does he stand a chance on staying in the us?

Thanks guys am so sad,confused and depresed and dont know what to expect I only keep on thinking on how this will affect my family if he leaves especially my daughter
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2010, 08:00 PM
Registered Member
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,642 Posts

my aunt (my blood related uncle's wife) is brazilian. despite that she married an american citizen and had a 1 1/2 year old child with him she was deported in september 2008 and had to wait until february 2009 until her paperwork to become a citizen finalized in the USA. my uncle had to have congressmen send support letters to the brazilian gov't because they didnt want to grant her permission to leave brazil again because she had left illegally the first time.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:43 PM
I love u Baby,.......

Ohh wow that's crazy but my fiance is a permanent resident what I dont know is if he is still eligible for deportation because of his drug conviction...

At least ur aunts paperwork went through...
Old 04-16-2010, 12:52 PM

Ok I don't know anything about the deportment stuff and issues because I was never faced with this issue. However I do have experience with Essex County Jail because that is where my boyfriend was before he got sentenced so anything you would like to know about he facility I can help you with. Sorry for not having more info.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:51 PM

MY son is in county jail waiting to be sent to craf. Help can anyone tell me if he could have visitor? Thank you worry mother