Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Connecticut Prison and Jail Specific Discussions Profiles and information about Connecticut prisons

Old 04-24-2009, 02:13 PM
*Mommy n Wifey*
Donation Award 

Question Has anyone heard from their loved ones at MacDougall?

I was wondering if anyone has heard from their loved ones in MacDougall...My fiance was supposed to call Wednesday, and still hasnt called, but of course, they wont tell me anything!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 15,300 Times in 3,764 Posts

There is nothing on the DOC site and my man is no longer at MacDougall but I can say that lockdowns are pretty common there, at least compared to other facilities. I'm surprised they wont confirm if they are on lockdown - I always had good luck with them. Is it possible he is in the hole?
I hope you hear from him soon
Old 04-24-2009, 04:25 PM
*Mommy n Wifey*
Donation Award 

Hmm, well i've called and no ones been answering.... HE BETTER NOT BE IN THE HOLE!!! lol but im not really sure, do you know the approximate time of Rec's??? Im wondering if its just my phone....but the phone is in my brothers name and hes not around so I cant check the account..ugghhh thanks tho!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 05:13 PM
*Mommy n Wifey*
Donation Award 

well i just found out they are not on lockdown, but i had a missed call i didnt get to the phone in time, i tried calling the number back and it said that the number cannot be completed as dialed, do u know what they usually call from???? sorry, im just going crazy and it sucks not having any way to find out up there if something is going on with him!
Old 04-24-2009, 08:45 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 15,300 Times in 3,764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*HiS WiFeY*~ View Post
Hmm, well i've called and no ones been answering.... HE BETTER NOT BE IN THE HOLE!!! lol but im not really sure, do you know the approximate time of Rec's??? Im wondering if its just my phone....but the phone is in my brothers name and hes not around so I cant check the account..ugghhh thanks tho!!!
It might depend on what unit he is on but my man had rec's there one week 6-8 pm and the next week 9-11 pm. I can't remember the # that used to come up...I think it was 860-292 something (dont quote me tho )
I hope you hear something soon!
Old 04-25-2009, 07:26 AM
*Mommy n Wifey*
Donation Award 

Thanks so much, Finally got my call this morning!!! It was Global Tel that never fully activated my account, ugh....and yea he told me his rec times and they are like the same heh. thanks a lot. I really appreciate it!!
Old 04-26-2009, 03:14 PM

i HAViNT RECiEVED ANiiTHiN 4M MA MAN EiTHER. DERE PROLLii 0N LOCKD0WN. BUT i HAViNT HERD ANiiTHiN. N i TRiED CALLiN DA MACDOUGALL BUiLDiN N DEii D0NT ANSWER. =(
i LOVE MA MAN!! lol
Old 04-26-2009, 07:44 PM
*Mommy n Wifey*
Donation Award 

well i talked to my hubby earlier today, like around 1:30.....
Old 05-12-2009, 07:38 PM

Default Loved ones @ MacDougall- Have you heard from them?

Have you heard from them lately? I know they have been having lots of phone trouble (they have been receiving messages the last week or so stating please hold while we try to connect your call--which go on forever--sometimes without ever connecting), but I haven't had a call since Sunday which is very odd. I did call the prison today and they said they were not on lockdown. I'm just curious if I need to wonder if he got on trouble. Thanks.

Last edited by Browneyed girl; 05-12-2009 at 07:41 PM.. Reason: Thread title too long
Old 05-13-2009, 04:38 PM
*Mommy n Wifey*
Donation Award 

Yes my fiance called me last night..and should be calling any time now, but said he was having A LOT of trouble getting thru, said he called 8-10 times and never rang on my end...hope you get a call soon!!!!
Old 05-13-2009, 07:00 PM

Thanks for hoping I get a call. I actually did just get a couple of calls. He told me their phones have been down since Sunday night and they have had limited electricity in his pod. The CO's have been using keys to let them out of their cells. Our last call ended abruptly so perhaps their phones went down again.

On a side note, I did call GTL earlier today to see if there was some sort of block on my phone. They told me the last time he tried to call was Sunday and that he hung up prior to it connecting (he said he was waiting over 10 minutes) and that they are unaware of there being problems at the prison, but if there really are problems, someone at the prison has to inform them. My husband said he has complained to the CO's and nothing has been done. Maybe you can ask your husband to do the same. Obviously there is an issue there.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:17 AM

I think its the prison phone system in general..my man is at corrigan, and there are times, he tries for like 10min and cant get the call to connect, so he stops trying..and this week, its been me not being by the phone..or him calling at the wrong time...

Old 05-16-2009, 11:56 AM
*Mommy n Wifey*
Donation Award 

this week the phones have been REALLY bad...i dont know whats going on my fiance was supposed to call me back thursday nite and i still have not gotten a call from him...now im worrying!!! i am so sick of these damn phones. i wish we could do something.....
Old 05-16-2009, 06:56 PM

I wish we could too. I just got back from a visit and he said it's really been a crap shoot as to who actually gets through and why. He said last night he watched guys spend their entire rec just trying to get one call through. It also doesn't help that there are several phones in his block that aren't working at all. I really hope you get a call soon.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:58 PM
*Mommy n Wifey*
Donation Award 

Ugh i Know sometimes we are sitting there the whole phone conversation and hes banging the phone cuz its all staticy and its like hes whispering... Well i called global tel tonite and they said that the phone company put a block on my phone? Is that b,s? i am going crazy, and Monday is his birthday and i probably wont be able to talk to him.....AHH!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2009, 06:51 AM

We have that problem with the staticy phones as well. It gets very frustrating and its us close to almost having fights on the phone. I can't hear him, he thinks he's shouting and you know the rest.

Who is your phone company? Do you pay Global tel link directly? It seems odd to me that your phone company would put a block on your phone if you are paying GTL directly. I would try calling GTL back and perhaps you will get a person who is a little more trained. Call their Alabama number, not the old MCI number 877.650.4249.

Also, do you have a prepaid account? If you do that should eliminate any blocks on your phone, so long as you have money on the account. I hope you get this all resolved before his birthday tomorrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to Browneyed girl For This Useful Post:
~*HiS WiFeY*~ (05-18-2009)
Old 05-18-2009, 04:38 PM
*Mommy n Wifey*
Donation Award 

thanks so much. yea we have a prepaid account..i'll try calling that number now, at least if i can get it resolved we will be able to talk, even tho its not on his birthday It sucks, but im bringing my mom to see him tomorrow but i know hes probably VERY depressed today....Thanks so much again.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:55 AM
His Ladi! Soon his MRS!!

Angry Frustrated

OK... I just moved.... from a COX service area to friggin Comcast..... with COX i was receiving calls just fine.... now since I moved I have not received a call... I was told that I should receive a call yesterday... unless he was on lockdwn there is a problem!!!!!!! very very
Old 05-19-2009, 07:03 AM

do u have the same # if its a different # then u have to set up a prepaid acct with GTL

Old 05-20-2009, 05:31 PM
*Mommy n Wifey*
Donation Award 

ok so I called that number browneyed...and it was much better, thanks so much. But then i get thru, *they told us saturday that the balance was 7.50, and my last call from him was thursday morning* they told me there was NO block, but that the balance was .02!! IDK how 7.48 just disappears..but w.e so i put more on, and im waitin for my call around 8...hopefully i get it!!!!!
Old 05-21-2009, 10:29 AM

I'm happy to hear that number worked better for you. There system takes 24 hours to update, so if you speak to them and get a balance it may not be reflecting your most recent calls. If we do a 15 minute call it costs me just over $4 (it's based on how far you are from the prison) and I believe what I pay per call is the maximum amount for instate calls.

Did you end up going up to see him on Tuesday? Assuming you did, we may have actually seen one another. We had our visit at 8.30 and I got there super early because I just returned from being away on business.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:56 PM
*Mommy n Wifey*
Donation Award 

oh haha, well its fixed now :-D but ill remember for next time. Well I personally cannot go visit him right now im on probation. But my mom does...and yes she went, his visits tuesday are 6 to 815...she was out by 730.