Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Oklahoma.

Old 08-21-2006, 09:50 AM

Default Please Help Me (looking for information on Lexington Assessment & Reception Center

My boyfriend was taken away from me on the 16th, He's going away for 6 months. Now I am very new to this and i don't know what is going to happen to him. He's in the county jail right now, but I know he will be taken to Lexington Oklahoma. It's called the Lexington Assessment and Reception Center (LARC).And I was just wondering if anybody new anything about this place, or what exactly he will be going threw. I would very much appreciate it. thankyou.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2006, 10:13 AM

welcome to PTO! i found a link for you to a thread in the Oklahoma Forum (great forum for more specifically OK DOC info). it has some info on LARC that should help. though it was posted a while ago, the info should still be helpful.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...ception+Center

good luck!

Old 08-21-2006, 10:17 AM

welcome 2 PTO dont know much about your situatoin but check the threads im sure u will find helpful info its here and some 1 will fall threw 2 hel u that has/is there
Old 08-23-2006, 02:09 PM

Ok, I'm new to all this too. But here's what I understand about the assessment process. They go to LARC and are assessed based on the sentence, type of crime, risk factor and so on, they are givin a "level" where they are housed is dependant on this level whether they go to minimum, medium, or max PLUS it also depends on where there is bed space. Once he finally gets to a facility, he will have a level there as well that will determine the privledges he gets, visits, phone calls and so forth, I know all the facilities have different policies on different things so you will need to check with them about what the procedures are. When he is in a facility you will have to fill out a form to be added to his visitor list. He will have to add you to his phone list, you will have to call Correctional Billing Services and be sure that they have all your information to bill the collect calls to you. This has to be done on a land line, no cell phones. I put in a basic phone line, no call waiting no caller id, those special features can sometimes cut your call off and even block your number all together. You will be able to get mail to and from him once he is in a facility, you will need to send it to him by his first and last legal name (this is important if he goes by his middle name) ALONG with that you will need to put his DOC# beside his name (it will be just like a part of his name until he is released) Each facility has different policies on their canteen (a inside "store" of sorts that they can buy food, hygeine products, stamps, paper, etc. from) you can put money on his "books" and he will be able to spend whatever amount is set by his level. I am not sure how the mail works while he is in LARC, I have seen alot of women trying to get mail to their man but unable to get it done. And he will have to purchase his stamps, paper, and envelopes before he can write to you, very few places will provide these things to him and if they do it is minimal, like one or two of each per month.
Hope this helps some. Just hang in there, six months is a piece of cake, I've already done six months and have at least another year to five years to go before he can be released. PM me anytime.