Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > Alabama Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alabama Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to the Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Alabama.

Old 02-17-2005, 05:41 PM

Question My Son got sentenced to St. Clair - Questions about Therapeutic Community program

My 22 year old son just got sentenced today, probation violation. The Judge revoked him and gave him his 5 years in state prision, then my son starting begging the Judge and lied, his P.O. told the Judge that I (his Mom) told him differently, the Judge then ask me and I told the truth. I told the Judge sending my son to prision won't help him, he has mental/drug issues that need to be addressed, I told the Judge I was tring to save my sons life, and beggged him to help me. He then admended the ruling and sent him to St. Clair Correctional for Long Term Theraputic Community. My son is now calling me upset saying that I shouldn't have said anything, that I just got him sent to a Level 3 prision and if I wouldn't have said anything he would have went to a level 1. My son has spent 18 months in county jail, six months in boot camp. I felt like if prision was going to help him, it would have already!!!I can't find out anything about this program
or this prision. Is there anyone out there that can give me some info.
Thanks and God Bless
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2005, 06:12 PM
~his spice 4 life~

I'm confused about what your son lied about and why he is mad at you. Are you saying that they didn't send him to treatment, but to a level 3 prison?

"then my son starting begging the Judge and lied, his P.O. told the Judge that I (his Mom) told him differently, the Judge then ask me and I told the truth"

Did he not want treatment or not want prison (well both, I'm sure). I'm just trying to understand what you need information and/or support on....
Old 02-18-2005, 06:40 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Thanked 4,531 Times in 1,247 Posts

Hi,

Even though this thread was appropriate in the Drug & Alcohol Treatment and Rehabilitation forum, I have moved it to the Alabama forum since you have specific questions about St. Clair (St. Clair is actually a level 5 camp rather than level 3)...

The TC program is a very intensive treatment program with the ADOC - although there are other programs at most of the other facilities of all kinds of security classifications, TC is felt to be "the top" in substance abuse treatment in ADOC.

We do have a member here whose husband has been thru TC at St. Clair, they are not necessarily here every day, however I will make sure they see this thread and hopefully will be able to answer some of your questions... hang in there...
Old 02-18-2005, 08:04 PM
happy pto member

Hello Baldwinlady, I'm Lewis, and I use to be at St. Clair for about 5 1/2 yrs; did some of my time in TC the program your asking about. First of all PLEASE don't blame yourself or allow your son to press you with guilt. You did what was right-honesty.
Okay: St. Clair Prison - It's a level 5 facility inwhich is the highest security you can go to in the northern district. As for the program its a really good program, you have to deal with your issues in it... it can not hurt your son maybe even help him, there is no dought he want like, I didn't, I hated it, but, it helped me. I've been out since Aug. 2nd 2004, I'm still clean and sober, and by Gods grace prospering daily, my wife and I are doing well, although it seems all up-hill at times. As for the prison it's truely a dangerous place to be but if you mind your own business you do well, he is young just encourage him to stay in the program its the safest place for him he will not be in danger there. Its a really good program! Sending u a pm with more info.
later Lewis and Sue

may the lord bless you and keep you Num 6:24
Old 02-19-2005, 01:47 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1950
Hello Baldwinlady, I'm Lewis, and I use to be at St. Clair for about 5 1/2 yrs; did some of my time in TC the program your asking about. First of all PLEASE don't blame yourself or allow your son to press you with guilt. You did what was right-honesty.
Okay: St. Clair Prison - It's a level 5 facility inwhich is the highest security you can go to in the northern district. As for the program its a really good program, you have to deal with your issues in it... it can not hurt your son maybe even help him, there is no dought he want like, I didn't, I hated it, but, it helped me. I've been out since Aug. 2nd 2004, I'm still clean and sober, and by Gods grace prospering daily, my wife and I are doing well, although it seems all up-hill at times. As for the prison it's truely a dangerous place to be but if you mind your own business you do well, he is young just encourage him to stay in the program its the safest place for him he will not be in danger there. Its a really good program! Sending u a pm with more info.
later Lewis and Sue
Thank you for the info, Jason called last night very upset now telling me it's a level 5 prision and he could have just been sent to a level 1 and got out on parole in a few mths.I explained to him he shouldn't have lied to the Judge and I would not have been brought into it, I also told him I did not regret begging for help, because if prision would have helped him, he wouldn't be calling me collect. He has servere mental/drug related issued, I feel I did the right thing, he would just have gotten out and starting using and stealing again, maybe this time die or be killed. He told me St Clair is a Level 5 and says that where people with life or really crazy are sent. My question is do they separate the TC prisoners from the rest or are they housed together?
He is very young and tends to run his mouth, I'm worried about this. Thank you for your help and God Bless. I am truly glad this program helped you, I pray one day I can see my son again (the one he use to be).
Old 02-19-2005, 01:57 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysbeth
Hi,

Even though this thread was appropriate in the Drug & Alcohol Treatment and Rehabilitation forum, I have moved it to the Alabama forum since you have specific questions about St. Clair (St. Clair is actually a level 5 camp rather than level 3)...

The TC program is a very intensive treatment program with the ADOC - although there are other programs at most of the other facilities of all kinds of security classifications, TC is felt to be "the top" in substance abuse treatment in ADOC.

We do have a member here whose husband has been thru TC at St. Clair, they are not necessarily here every day, however I will make sure they see this thread and hopefully will be able to answer some of your questions... hang in there...
Thank you for moving my thread, I don't know what I'm doing. With just going to court Thursday-2/17- I have just been lost. Any info you can give me about the TC program would be helpfull i.e. how long are they in, are they housed with the other prision or is the TC community separted. Jason (my son) called last night, begging me to call or go see the Judge and ask him to just send him to regular state prision ( this way he can parole out in a few mths. and be in a level 1 prision rather than a level 5). He being told by others ( the true attorney's in jail) that St. Clair is where all the really bad people are sent and the crazy people. He is only 22 yrs old, been in trouble since he was 14 yrsa old, I will do what ever it takes to help him, but I also don't want to put him in danger. He has a really big mouth. Thanks again for your help and just listening.