Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Connecticut Prison and Jail Specific Discussions Profiles and information about Connecticut prisons

Old 07-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Account Closed

Default Details On A Visit to Cybulski: What To Expect

I think these are possibly the same rules and protocols for most Level 2 CT prisons, but I thought it might help someone else new in here (like me) to read a detailed account of a visit.
The prison won't let you know when you're approved, not even on the phone. I had to ask my BF to check on it.

Just so you know the visiting protocol:

You park in a visitors' parking lot after finally finding the prison (it's the very last prison on Shaker Rd, the road to nowhere). You have to make sure it's Cybulski or you'll wind up in the wrong prison wasting time waiting on the wrong line like an idiot (me).
You can't bring him anything at all, not even a picture or card, no food or gifts, nothing, nada. You go into the prison visitors' entrance, wait on line with the other families, and then hand over your driver's license to the guards who check to see if you're approved. If so, you are then given a key for a small locker to put your 'personals' in (a word of advice: leave anything valuable in the car, as "the prison is not responsible for lost or stolen personal items". Also, you must leave your driver's license with them when you get the key) They ask you to please not bring in cellphones, cameras or electronics. You pass through a metal detector and go into the visiting room where you sit at a small round table and attempt to have a normal conversation under unusual circumstances.
As far as I saw yesterday several members of a family all got approved to see their prisoner, but only one was let into the visitors' room at a time. The others had to wait in the waiting room and take turns. You get the full 2 hours visit if you arrive early (I'd get there 1/2 hr before visiting time).
Also, you must dress "conservatively". It's a good idea to make sure you are actually on the visitor list so you don't hold up the line. We managed a nice long kiss and hug at the beginning and end of the visit and were holding hands across the table for the whole 2 hours.

Last edited by fraghanwicare; 07-12-2009 at 09:29 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2009, 05:49 PM
His Ladi! Soon his MRS!!

this is helpful info.. my man is being sent there in a few weeks... ive been to mostly all the prisons in CT.. sadly enough.. i never entered cybulski!!!!!!!!!!!!