Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Parole, Probation, Halfway House, Community Service, etc.
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Parole, Probation, Halfway House, Community Service, etc. All information & questions relating to parole, probation, halfway house, community service, electronic monitoring, etc. in New Jersey should be posted here.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:27 AM

Question Will they ask me to speak at ISP hearing?

Hi all!

My boyfriend has his ISP hearing with the re-sentencing panel on 11/4. I was wondering if they are going to ask me any questions or want me to speak since I am his sponsor?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2013, 06:59 PM

Also.. does anyone know if it's true that they know beforehand who they are sending home and who they aren't? I've heard that. And the more people that are there for him in court the better? I'm waiting to hear back from his lawyer.. would he know for sure if he's coming home?? I'm sorry for all of the questions I'm just going nuts over here with anticipation and want to know what to expect. And should I be doing anything in the meantime? Like writing a letter to ISP or anything that can help his chances?? If anyone who has been through this or knows anything can give me some info I'd really appreciate it!!

Last edited by LancesGirl905; 10-21-2013 at 07:03 PM..
Old 10-28-2013, 12:18 PM

You will not be asked to speak in court.
It would be positive if the the people who he will live with can go to court.
It's not about how many people. Bring clothes for him to go home. The decision can be made for the same day release from the court house.

If he is approved for ISP, the ISP officer will speak to the you & family explaining the rules and how to be supportive.

A job is important- if he has a job waiting for him. This would be the most positive information to provide. If that's not possible- don't sweat it.
Also a list of the local addiction meetings that he will attend.
ISP also has its own meetings and community service.

He will be required to keep a journal/log of job searches and daily activities.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancesGirl905 View Post
Also.. does anyone know if it's true that they know beforehand who they are sending home and who they aren't? I've heard that. And the more people that are there for him in court the better? I'm waiting to hear back from his lawyer.. would he know for sure if he's coming home?? I'm sorry for all of the questions I'm just going nuts over here with anticipation and want to know what to expect. And should I be doing anything in the meantime? Like writing a letter to ISP or anything that can help his chances?? If anyone who has been through this or knows anything can give me some info I'd really appreciate it!!
LancesGirl905 (10-29-2013)
Old 10-29-2013, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParentsLove View Post
You will not be asked to speak in court.
It would be positive if the the people who he will live with can go to court.
It's not about how many people. Bring clothes for him to go home. The decision can be made for the same day release from the court house.

If he is approved for ISP, the ISP officer will speak to the you & family explaining the rules and how to be supportive.

A job is important- if he has a job waiting for him. This would be the most positive information to provide. If that's not possible- don't sweat it.
Also a list of the local addiction meetings that he will attend.
ISP also has its own meetings and community service.

He will be required to keep a journal/log of job searches and daily activities.

Good luck!

Thanks so much for your response! I really appreciate it! I just don't want to go in that court room blindsided ya know?

The Following User Says Thank You to LancesGirl905 For This Useful Post:
ParentsLove (10-31-2013)