Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:35 AM
Jenny Te Ama Alfredo

Thanks sandra,

Yeah, im not looking for any special job either, just a server at a restaurant would be fine.

Are these two citites fairly big then?

Crap, i really dont wanna pay a lot of money for renting an apartment... :/

I really don't want him to be moved to Big Spring... ugh.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2008, 08:41 AM
Donation Award 

http://www.twc.state.tx.us/jobs/job.html

This is the link for the workforce commission in Texas. Good luck!!

Old 04-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Finally Free!

Both Midland & Odessa have a little over 100,000 people at the last census count. They're bigger than Big Spring - Big Spring's main employer is the BOP, the VA hospital & the school district.

Wait & see what happens after he's designated & moved. They may recommend Big Spring, but the BOP can put him anywhere there's a bed that matches his security designation.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:49 PM
Jenny Te Ama Alfredo

true, so when he gets sentanced they will tell him where hes going?

i need to start doing research!!

Old 04-17-2008, 04:30 PM

My husband has been there since September 2007 and he hasn't had any problems at the low.I guess it just all depends on how you handle different situations.He said it reminds him of being in job corps.Where they sleep in dorms with several other people.He works, does his ged classes,works out, and goes to bed that's about it.So I don't think you have alot to worry about. I know it's a new environment for your husband but I'm pretty sure he'll be alright.Just keep your head up.

CamposnCali
The Following User Says Thank You to camposncali For This Useful Post:
mallafri (01-12-2012)
Old 04-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Finally Free!

Actually at sentencing the judge can make a recommendation, but the BOP has the final decision. Keep an eye on the BOP locator when they move him & you'll find out where he's been designated.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:05 PM
Jenny Te Ama Alfredo

camposcali- that don't sound too bad actually..
thanks ladies! I just hope he gets setanced soon!

Old 04-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Son home from La Tuna

Big Springs texas is about 20 miles from where i live and it is a small town but very nice
is your man going to camp if so dont worry most everyone is cool because everybody is working on good time and dont want to lose it by getting into trouble.
My son was at La Tuna FSL in El Paso and it was really nice there no problems at all
There are gangs at all prisons and most of these guys stick to themself
As for finding a job you have come to the right place everyone is looking for help finding a place to live will be a whole new thing tho
Thank god he is doing Federal time alot better than State my son said its like going to school only without the girls and very boring so send lots of magazines
Feel free to ask me anything you need to know i will try to help you
By the way he will want to take at least 300.00 dollars in with him to get the things he will need right away
Also a list of phone numbers and addresses of those who he will want to visit him
Take care
Alfredo's_lady (04-18-2008)
Old 04-18-2008, 09:50 PM
Jenny Te Ama Alfredo

wow, thanks midland.

I don't think he'll be able to go to camp.
I want him to go to la tuna... cuz i've looked at a few apartments online... and they are CHEAP!.
What can they all buy in prison? what big things?

Old 04-23-2008, 07:55 AM

My husband is in the transfer center at OKC waiting to go to Big Spring. He wants to know what the living arrangements are, i.e. sinlge/two man cells, etc. Does anyone have this information?

I'm in Kansas City and plan to visit sometime in the next couple of months. What is visiting like there? Do you get to go outside? Are you sitting in hard plastic chairs? Silly questions I know but...
Old 04-23-2008, 05:16 PM

goodkat,is your husband going to the FCI or the camp? Because my husband is in the FCI and their sleeping arrangements for all of them, as far as I know, there are about 40-60 guys in one big dorm.They sleep on bunks.

The visiting is an experience that you get used to.But you do have to get there pretty early and wait across the street in your cars til the co's let you on the grounds parking lot.I know in the past I have gotten there as early as 5 am! and there's already several cars in front of me.
Yes you do get to go outside or you could sit inside where there are rows of plastic hard chairs, lol!!
If you ever have any other questions feel free to ask anytime.

camposncali
goodkat (04-24-2008)
Old 04-24-2008, 07:06 AM

camposncali, yes, my husband is going to the low (FCI?). i talked him last night and told him i thought it was dorm-style sleeping arrangements. i guess that's what most low's are? he's been in a two man cell in Yazoo City Med since last summer...they're nice for having a sembilance of privacy. but he'll adjust. i'm sure a low will be better than a medium. at least you get to go outside when you visit. that will be a switch. we haven't been outside in the sunshine together for almost four years!

when is the last time you were there? coming from california, you must not get to visit often. my husband put in for a transfer to springfield, mo, which is less than three hours from us, but they sent him 50 miles further than what i had been traveling to yazoo city! gotta love the bop...500 miles my ass. however, reading some of the posts, i feel fortunate...at least he's within driving distance for me. what part of california are you from? i am from san diego but have lived in the midwest 20 years next month. i still call california home; that is where my children were born. anyway, i appreicate your response.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:25 AM

The last time I went to see my husband was in February.Yeah me being way over here in California makes it harder to see him as often.But I will be able to see him next month for Mother's Day so i can't wait for that.
I live in the central coast (Monterey,Salinas area).
lovejvfm (12-03-2012)
Old 04-28-2008, 09:19 PM

hello everyone! i was just wondering about the camp system. My boyfriend got put in the hole as soon as he got there and then gets to go to the camp? does anyone know why that is? i was also wondering if i could get some information on visitation. the long lines is that for the low or the camp? and when will he be able to finally call me?
Old 05-01-2008, 12:01 AM

The long lines for visiting are for the low.And if he's in the hole I'm not sure when he'll be able to call you.
I don't really know anything about the camp cause my husband is in the low.But just keep your head up and hopefully someone will be by soon who can help you out with some info.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:01 PM

camposncali,

did you get to visit your husband mother's day? i'm going for the first time 4th of july. he's been there about a month now and he's in a completely different mind set. going from yazoo (a med) to a low has made a world of difference in his stress level. he said he didn't realize how tense it was in yazoo until he got to big spring. he even said to me, "there are trees here". i'm like, yeah. he said, i haven't seen trees in almost four years (both yazoo and cca were concrete jungles). he says as prisons go, it's not a bad place. there's a lot of rec activities. there's even a band and they need a signer and i think he's going for it (he's a singer and i've been sending him song lyrics to practice).
Old 06-07-2008, 09:13 AM
anxiously waiting

My boyfriend has been in FCI Big Spring for a while and at first he really liked it compared to county.. I was very worried about gang violence too and yeah I suppose it does exist.. He got into a fight a couple months ago and got sent to the hole, so yeah. But even with that he said it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. He said the food and showers were decent too. I live in San Angelo which is about 45 minutes away (give or take.) It's an easy trip for me and his family.. So to be honest I'd rather him be there than anywhere else right now. Visitation is great if you finally get the paperwork and all that done.. and mail is very fast so far. I'll add you to keep in touch if you don't mind! Btw San Angelo is a decent place to move.. about 100,000 population even though it can be a borefest at times..
Stay strong and God bless.

The Following User Says Thank You to *Noir* For This Useful Post:
mallafri (01-12-2012)
Old 09-16-2008, 10:33 PM

Default Any News On Big Springs CI~~~Out of my mind!

Hi All,

Loved this site I think I would have lost my mind without it!! My Man is at CI in Big Springs.There was a riot Fri. Night and I had a chance to talk to him for a Minute before the phones were shut off. He said there was a fire and didn't understand why no one was doing anything...His first he turned himself in Aug 25th.
I made the mistake of Googling it and sure enough it made the local news they showed the fires and all!! They reported 8 officers were taken to by
ambulance to the Hospital so I can imagine that it wasn't a small scuffle.
Anyone out there with a loved one in Big Prings CI and have you heard anything?? Any info. would give me peace of mind....Thanks!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 12:56 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,379 Times in 4,637 Posts

http://www.newswest9.com/Global/story.asp?S=9005071

Last edited by Zelda50; 09-17-2008 at 12:58 AM..
Old 10-05-2008, 02:34 PM

hi,

My fiance is in Big Spring. He couldn't tell me too much in the letter he sent me, but I just got it yesterday....he said that it was a racial attack and that about 7 or 8 of the guards and 5 or 6 of the inmates were trapped inside a room for a few hours. No one was badly hurt. a few people are supposed to be transfered but honestly thats as much as I can tell you, I dont know myself if my fiance is being transfered. Its all up in the air at the moment. I'm waiting to hear more.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:36 PM

This is the private facility that sits behind Big Spring FCI.

"For God so loved the world,
That He gave His only begotten Son
That whosever believeth in Him
Should not perish, But have everlasting life." John 3:16

Old 03-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Beside him I stand

Default FCi Big Spring, TX

I am looking for anyone that has a loved one at Big Spring, TX. I need to know if anyone has gotten permission to get married there. Thanks, Vicki
Old 07-21-2009, 03:20 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic9200 View Post
I am looking for anyone that has a loved one at Big Spring, TX. I need to know if anyone has gotten permission to get married there. Thanks, Vicki
Hi Vicki,
My man is at FCI Big Spring, although i am not sure of specific policy and procedure, i do remember during a visit in May of hearing of a woman that was planning to get married soon to her man. hope this helps!
Stay balanced,
Boo 44
Old 07-23-2009, 07:58 AM

Hi Vicki!
I am a Vicki also! I have a lovd one at Big Spring too. But I have no clue about getting married there. I would think you could though. He will probably have to talk to them on the inside and get paperwork going from his end.
Take care and God bless.

"For God so loved the world,
That He gave His only begotten Son
That whosever believeth in Him
Should not perish, But have everlasting life." John 3:16

Old 05-18-2010, 07:13 PM

Does anyone with a loved one in FCI Big Spring know about the phone system? Do you live in a different state? Do you or can you use Magic Jack? thanks!!