Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 06-06-2019, 12:24 PM

Post Anyone Have Commissary/Store Current Price List for Arizona?

Hi,

Does anyone have current Commissary / Store price list?

I'm trying to fill my time and I would appreciate knowing prices so I can get some running totals and also price out SecurePak.

Thank you!!
Old 06-06-2019, 03:27 PM

You can go to securepak website and it shows the prices
The Following User Says Thank You to jordan321 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-06-2019)
Old 06-07-2019, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan321 View Post

Thank you, Are their prices the same as the commissary list?

And he's not approved yet for SecurePak so I'm trying to figure out how much money to send him over time vs. what I could get him in the Pak.

Just trying to learn and pass the time while I'm waiting for approval.

Thanks again...
Old 06-07-2019, 08:59 AM

Im not sure about that. But from what i hear , the beginning of their sentence people send $200-$250 to get started & then $80 a month ish. BUT its what YOU can afford, make sure you’re still comfortable & not spreading yourself too thin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kari dunn View Post
Thank you, Are their prices the same as the commissary list?

And he's not approved yet for SecurePak so I'm trying to figure out how much money to send him over time vs. what I could get him in the Pak.

Just trying to learn and pass the time while I'm waiting for approval.

Thanks again...
kari dunn (06-09-2019)
Old 06-07-2019, 09:16 AM

He will only be able to spend a certain amount each week depending on phase also. And I believe you can only send that same amount in the secure pak too. Ive only used securepak for the special items he cant buy himself like special soaps, toothpaste, coffee, etc.
His ideal price for me to give him a week was $50 but I told him that wasn't happening as I also put money on his sisters book and phones.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricoluv29 For This Useful Post:
kari dunn (06-09-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 01:51 PM
Liz

Thanked 1,625 Times in 622 Posts

Quote:
Thank you, Are their prices the same as the commissary list?.
It varies. Sometimes it's the same; sometimes items or more or less in securepak vs. commissary. Some items, like brands of hygiene products especially, they can't get from the commissary.

How often you can send a securepak will depend on his phase. You can send $80 worth of stuff, plus the handling fee and taxes.

How much money is reasonable also depends on how much of it gets to him. If he owes fines and court costs or restitution, his sentencing documents will state the percentage rate at which they are allowed to take it - anywhere from 20% to 40% - and that amount will be withheld from any monies you send him. If he has a job, they will withhold that as well, along with a payment towards his "gate fee" (money held for him that they give to him on bank debit card when he is released). They also withhold other misc fees on his paycheck (building fund is 1% I think). There were other small percentages that I never figured out what they were for.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizlizzie2 For This Useful Post:
kari dunn (06-15-2019), NamelessSister (06-11-2019)
Old 06-11-2019, 01:24 PM

This is the commissary list my LO sent me from Yuma-Cibola; I have no idea if it's the same everywhere or not. Apologies for low-quality image, it was difficult to resize it enough to fit the limits here
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cibola Commissary March 2019.pdf (1.86 MB, 18 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NamelessSister For This Useful Post:
kari dunn (06-12-2019), SSAZ (06-15-2019)
Old 06-11-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizlizzie2 View Post
How often you can send a securepak will depend on his phase. You can send $80 worth of stuff, plus the handling fee and taxes.
Could you explain what that means? I live out of state and I've finally been approved for phone calls with my LO (yay!) but still can't send Securepak; does that mean it's not waiting until I'm approved but until the resident is approved? How/when does their phase change? Sorry for the dumb questions, appreciate your help
Old 06-11-2019, 02:39 PM

If your approved but he isn’t eligible it should give a message “We're sorry. Per the DOC - Arizona DOC Package Program, inmate# is not eligible to receive a package at this time. Please check again soon.” I’m approved for both visits and calls but he got in trouble.

If your not approved it will tell you “You are currently not approved to place orders for this inmate.” I’m not approved for calls for this inmate.

I was informed before that you can’t send any if your not approved for visits but i just tried for someone I’ve only been approved for calls and it let me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricoluv29 For This Useful Post:
lizlizzie2 (06-16-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 11:00 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamelessSister View Post
This is the commissary list my LO sent me from Yuma-Cibola; I have no idea if it's the same everywhere or not. Apologies for low-quality image, it was difficult to resize it enough to fit the limits here
It is exactly what I have I been looking for and I can see it awesomely! Thank you so much for taking the time to picture and upload and share that!!!
Old 06-12-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
It is exactly what I have I been looking for and I can see it awesomely! Thank you so much for taking the time to picture and upload and share that!!!
No problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoluv29 View Post
I was informed before that you can’t send any if your not approved for visits but i just tried for someone I’ve only been approved for calls and it let me.
Well that's confusing, isn't it? Thanks for adding your experience! Perhaps I should try to apply for visits too, just in case.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:28 AM

Angry

Quote:
No problem

Well that's confusing, isn't it? Thanks for adding your experience! Perhaps I should try to apply for visits too, just in case.
Boy all of this is confusing!!
Old 06-15-2019, 08:22 AM

Its insane they get taxed 10.7%!
kari dunn (06-22-2019)
Old 06-15-2019, 05:25 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Its insane they get taxed 10.7%!
That is way too much.

And securepak is going to add their processing fees too when I get to order those, but they don't have clothes or shoes. Sheez.

I'm tired. When can I wake up and this nightmare be over?
Old 06-16-2019, 05:07 AM
Liz

Thanked 1,625 Times in 622 Posts

Quote:
Could you explain what that means? I live out of state and I've finally been approved for phone calls with my LO (yay!) but still can't send Securepak; does that mean it's not waiting until I'm approved but until the resident is approved? How/when does their phase change? Sorry for the dumb questions, appreciate your help
The phase for an inmate determines how often you can visit, how many telephone calls they are allowed, how much they can order from commissary, food visits, and how often you can send a securepak. Rule 809, Attachment B, has a chart of the incentives for each phase. They can't change classification for at least 6 months. Then it is an as events occur situation. If they get in trouble in prison, their phase can be reduced to less benefits. It is what DOC calls their incentive program. It starts as phase 1.

Securepak program
Maximum $80 of product per inmate
Phase 1 = one Securepak package per quarter
Phase 2 = one Securepak package every other month
Phase 3 = one Securepak order per month

If someone else has sent a securepak, then you can't send another one until the inmate qualifies - next quarter for phase 1.

I don't recall and couldn't find a rule that stated what was allowed by a telephone application only and not a regular visit application. Someone else will need to advise if telephone only prevents you from sending a securepak or putting money on the books.

They do have to be finished with the intake process and assigned to their "home" prison/unit before you can send a securepak.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:32 PM

Post Approval for Sending SecurePaks

Quote:
No problem
To add for latecomers, SecurePaks are they only allowable care packages to be sent to someone in an Arizona State Prison. The Website to Create an Account and to place orders when approved is:
https://www.accesscatalog.com/

This Direct Order says Visitation approval is required for SecurePaks (but not for putting money on their books)

(I almost have these pdf's memorized)
https://corrections.az.gov/reports-d...t-orders-index

909 – Inmate Property https://corrections.az.gov/sites/def...909_032519.pdf

1.3 Inmates eligible through the Earned Incentive Program (EIP), as outlined in Department Order
#809, Earned Incentive Program, are authorized to participate in the Secured Packaging Program. The program shall be conducted as follows:

1.3.1 All inmates are allowed to receive an additional $80 worth of Secured Packaging products, those offered in the program catalog.
1.3.2 The timeframe for the Secure Packaging Program shall coincide with the vendor’s calendar year and be based on the following frequency:
1.3.2.1 Phase III inmates are allowed one Secured Package per month.
1.3.2.2 Phase II inmates are allowed one Secured Package every other month.
1.3.2.3 Phase I inmates are allowed one Secured Package per quarter.
1.3.3 Each inmate may receive a Secured Package from an approved adult visitor on that individual inmate’s approved Visitation List. Products in a Secured Package must come directly from the vendor and must comply with the requirements for allowable and authorized property.
1.3.4 Inmates in Maximum Custody are not authorized to purchase food products requiring heating or warming prior to consumption. Maximum Custody food products in a Secured Package are to be readily consumable from the original container or package.

Last edited by kari dunn; 06-16-2019 at 08:57 PM.. Reason: Added link
Old 06-16-2019, 08:48 PM

Quote:
I can't see the prices yet b/c I'm not approved to shop for him YET so it won't let me open any catalogs -- goofy people. They probably don't want competitors being able to grab their prices very easily or something.
Old 06-21-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
I can't see the prices yet b/c I'm not approved to shop for him YET so it won't let me open any catalogs -- goofy people. They probably don't want competitors being able to grab their prices very easily or something.
If you want a store sheet ask your LO to send you one. They are not online