Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Parents with Children in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Parents with Children in Prison For the parents of prisoners

Old 07-09-2018, 11:16 PM

Location: Iím in Arizona my son is serving time in Oregon and was transported to Snake River yesterday!
Default I havenít heard from my son who was transferred on 07/03/18

My 19 year old son took a deal and was sentenced to 19/23 years. Iím having a super hard time processing all of this. Itís a complete NIGHTMARE to say the least! Our hearts are broken into a million pieces! We are trying to hold ourselves together to be strong for him (heís the strongest soul I know). He completed his 30 day intake at Coffee Creek Correctional Facility. The last I talked with him was on 06/26/18, it was a short call and he said he had to go and would call me tomorrow. I have yet to hear back from him. Iíve been a worried wreck. I looked up on Telmate on 07/03/18 and he was transferred to Snake River Correctional Institution on 07/03/18. I still havenít heard from him. Iíve written him letters, sent a message via telmate and left a voicemail and still nothing. I even ordered 3 books and had sent to him via Amazon. Iím so worried! What should I do? What can I do to help him and his transition? Any advise or information would be greatly appreciated!!! Respectfully, BrittainsMom
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrittainsMom For This Useful Post:
Lordbew/us (07-11-2018), tdaurbigny (07-11-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2018, 05:59 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,554 Times in 13,955 Posts

Breathe!!

All normal for there to be no contact right off.
He will eventually get your letters. Any move comes with some time of no communication.

It will be ok.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (07-12-2018), Sarianna (07-10-2018), tdaurbigny (07-11-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 06:45 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,529 Times in 11,453 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. I hope you hear from him soon. I'm sure he will call as soon as they let him use the phones.

You may be able to call the prison and ask a counselor or the Chaplain to do a welfare check.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:26 PM

Thanked 2,414 Times in 845 Posts

Welcome! I'm glad that you've found the parent forum. I've been here awhile and I will tell you early on in this sad journey this forum was my go to. I don't post as often but I still check into read posts every day.
We mom's and dad's understand the worry and grief you are feeling. It's hard to believe it gets better but it does. I hope you will hear from your son soon, so he can put your mind at ease.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lordbew/us For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-11-2018), tdaurbigny (07-11-2018)
Old 07-12-2018, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittainsMom View Post
My 19 year old son took a deal and was sentenced to 19/23 years. Iím having a super hard time processing all of this. Itís a complete NIGHTMARE to say the least! Our hearts are broken into a million pieces! We are trying to hold ourselves together to be strong for him (heís the strongest soul I know). He completed his 30 day intake at Coffee Creek Correctional Facility. The last I talked with him was on 06/26/18, it was a short call and he said he had to go and would call me tomorrow. I have yet to hear back from him. Iíve been a worried wreck. I looked up on Telmate on 07/03/18 and he was transferred to Snake River Correctional Institution on 07/03/18. I still havenít heard from him. Iíve written him letters, sent a message via telmate and left a voicemail and still nothing. I even ordered 3 books and had sent to him via Amazon. Iím so worried! What should I do? What can I do to help him and his transition? Any advise or information would be greatly appreciated!!! Respectfully, BrittainsMom
Hi Britain's Mom,

My 22 year old son was sentenced in May to 14 years with parole at 10. It's incredibly hard to deal with this as a parent, true heartbreak for our boys. In California, they only get 1 phone call per month and it took a while for him to get our letters and write back. Mail is slow as everything is read. I've gotten into the routine of writing once a week. I send along pictures, jokes and articles. I've sent books and activity books. My letters are always upbeat and lighthearted. I know my son needs that. I'll go and visit as soon as I'm approved. I'm still waiting after 7 weeks. He still has not even seen his counselor. I think the prisons are very backed up. He should contact you soon. Saying Prayers for you and your son, please feel free to contact me with a private message if you want.
The Following User Says Thank You to Halo527 For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (07-12-2018)
Old 07-12-2018, 09:48 PM

Thanked 1,029 Times in 429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittainsMom View Post
Iíve written him letters, sent a message via telmate and left a voicemail and still nothing. I even ordered 3 books and had sent to him via Amazon. Iím so worried! What should I do? What can I do to help him and his transition? Any advise or information would be greatly appreciated!!! Respectfully, BrittainsMom
You have done all the things you can do and that you should do. We parents want to do more but we are limited in what we have ability to do. Just the nature of this situation we find ourselves in.

It's early. You will come to understand those limits, maybe never like them but...keep doing exactly what you are doing. Write him, leave messages, order him books. Perfect. He will really appreciate it even if it is difficult for him to communicate that to you right now. You will get calls and mail and will figure out more things you can do as that happens.
The Following User Says Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
Halo527 (07-15-2018)