Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Legal News & Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Legal News & Information Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Legal Information specific to the State of Texas.

Old 07-13-2018, 12:57 AM

Default Will the fact that he turned himself in voluntarily help at sentencing?

Two years ago, I walked with my son to turn himself in for CM charges. He has been in county jail since then. Wednesday, he has court for Plea/Final announcement. I'm worried about what will transpire that day. But I am wondering if the fact that he turned himself in voluntarily, if it will be considered beneficial towards the judge accepting the plea bargain and possibly towards sentencing.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2018, 10:39 AM

In most cases the judge will follow suit with the DA's plea agreement. It certainly will not hurt that he is taking responsibility for his actions. That is important to the judicial system. Good luck, I know how hard the whole process is, it takes a toll.