Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > SHARING EXPERIENCES > It's Not All Bad Behind the Walls
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

It's Not All Bad Behind the Walls Let's talk about the good things that happen in prison. The correctional officers that have helped us, etc.

Old 08-15-2007, 04:20 AM
Looking for answers

Default "hello"

I JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT LAST WEEKEND AUG 12,2007 WENT TO CORCORAN 2 IN CALIF TO SEE MY HUSBAND. WELL IT WAS MY FIRST TIME SEEING HIM FOR A VISIT... i JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT ALL I HEARD WAS HOW BAD THE C/O'S WERE. BY SOOOO MANY PEOPLE...... AND MY HUSBAND KEPT TELLING ME DON'T LISTEN TO THE TALK, THE C/O'S ARE JUST DOING THERE JOB'S. IT'S NOT SO BAD IN HERE,AND HOW THE C/O'S ARE JUST DOING THERE JOB SO ON AND SO ON..... WELL I DIDN'T BELIEVE HIM I THOUGHT ALL PRISONS AND C/O'S WERE BAD. WELL MY HUSBAND KNEW WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT... WHEN I WENT FOR THE VISIT THE C/O'S WERE VERY HELPFUL, UNDERSTANDING! I ENJOYED MY VISIT IN CORCORAN. THE C/O'S DIDN'T BOTHER US AT ALL.. BUT I HAVE TO SAY I WAS SCARED AT FIRST BECAUSE ALL I HEARD WAS BAD THINGS ABOUT C/O'S AT THE CORCORAN PRISON...... AND ALL I HAVE TO SAY MY HUSBAND WAS RIGHT "NEVER LISTEN TO TALK" AND THANK YOU TO ALL THE C/O'S AT CORCORAN STATE PRISON FOR MAKING MY VISIT A BEATIUFUL VISIT TO REMEMBER

CREIGHTON & TABBY
Old 08-15-2007, 07:29 AM

im glad you had such a great visit.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:10 AM

It's good to hear you have a different perspective, yea although there are others who have had not-so good experiences with CO's, personally I have not had any neither. Glad you enjoyed your visit!

Last edited by guvokikam; 08-15-2007 at 09:31 AM..
Old 10-04-2007, 08:00 PM

Glad it went well!
Old 10-04-2007, 08:20 PM

I visited at Corcoran for two years and all the CO's were great to me too. I think it all depends on how your carry yourself. If you act respectful and expect respect than you get it and vice versa. I am with you no problems EVER.

Glad you liked it!
Old 10-12-2007, 10:48 PM

I agree, give respect and expect it..Every creature walking wants to be shown respect.Some folks go in with this hard core attitude and not many people are going to polite to that. I am a firm believer and was raised to show manners and talk respectful to others and I do not have many problems with people.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Forever and a day!

Congrats on your first visit!!!!

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly

Old 10-14-2007, 11:02 PM

I AGREE 100 percent. I NEVER had any problems with the COs at CORCORAN 1. To be quite honest , they became friends (and NO i NEVER got any type of special treatment) I just saw them EVERY weekend. My husband has since transferred but I never had any problems. I gave them respect and expected the same respect from them which is what they gave me. Eventhough my husband is 2.50 hours closer to home, I was sorry to leave. Now, my concern was that I just had to get use to a different crew and GUESS WHAT. I had my first visit with my husband today at CHINO and once again, the COs were very nice and helpful. (there was "one" not so nice one) but he was not dealing with me directly so I minded my bizness. I think what it balls down to is how you carry YOURSELF. Respect the rules and regulations of the CDC and don't settle for anything but respect from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted_one
I visited at Corcoran for two years nd all the CO's were great to me too. I think it all depends on how your carry yourself. If you act respectful and expect respect than you get it and vice versa. I am with you no problems EVER.

Glad you liked it!
Old 10-16-2007, 02:37 PM
gravy boat captain

great to hear you had a good visit!!!
Old 10-19-2007, 06:01 PM
5 yrs of infidelity&drugs
Donation Award 

Thumbs up so ready...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted_one
I visited at Corcoran for two years and all the CO's were great to me too. I think it all depends on how your carry yourself. If you act respectful and expect respect than you get it and vice versa. I am with you no problems EVER.

Glad you liked it!
to say the same thing. from my observation, the only ones who get trouble are the ones who are doing things they aren't supposed to do or pushing the envelope, or being disrespectful.

i must say that i DID witness sorta unfair treatment of a very very heavy set woman on a couple of occasions. clothing too 'fitted' but i mean damn!

anyway...act respectfully, you will USUALLY get that back.

Battman has been home about three years...
OFF PAROLE IN 4 DAYS 12/21/11!