Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > SHARING EXPERIENCES > It's Not All Bad Behind the Walls
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

It's Not All Bad Behind the Walls Let's talk about the good things that happen in prison. The correctional officers that have helped us, etc.

Old 07-01-2003, 06:36 AM
Very Much Missed Administrator
Donation Award 

Default A Concerned C/O!!

Yesterday Mr. D and I were working on an old issue that always ends up with me in tears. Yesterday's discussion was no different.

Shortly after we finished talking about it, Mr. D went to go use the restroom. The visiting room c/o, who is ususally courteous but not friendly, starting walking around the room. She stopped when she came to our table and said, "Are you OK?" I was startled at the concerned look on her face and her question and didn't answer right away, so she ask again. I assured her that YES, I was OK.....its just a hormonal thing.

When Mr. D came back, I told him about it and he was surprised too...especially coming from this c/o.

When our visit was over, I thanked her for her concern....I wanted to let her know that it was deeply appreciated - because it was.

mrs. d
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2003, 06:45 AM
Frenchy Member

Mrs D

I'm sorry you were crying and hope you're feeling better now.

Yep that was nice from this c/o showing concern, from what I read on PTO, it seems it's not that often !!

Hugs
Phil xoxo
Old 07-01-2003, 07:25 AM
PTO Research Assistant

Where my boyfriend is there are several concerned guards there in the visiting room. They have been exceptionallly nice to me.

Recently I hurt my foot and was in quite a bit of pain (it's not as bad now as long as I'm not on it too much or don't bump it on anything). The guards there even gave me permission to put my foot up on another chair. That's a major no no. They always come over to talk to me. Sometimes I worry that they might be too friendly causing him some trouble with other inmates. But he hasn't had any problems with anyone. Everyone likes him. What's not to like, though? He's been told he has a reputation since he is so different from most inmates.

I'm so glad that someone was able to recognize that we are human even though we love someone there and expressed concern for you. It does mean alot.

Hope everything worked out alright for you and Mr. D. Life is hard on us sometimes. And there are those issues that just won't go away.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:36 AM
On my own

Mrs. D,

I hope that you are feeling better now, but it is nice that you acknowledged the CO for her thoughtfulness.

My husband was transferred to another facility two-weeks ago and I don't drive and it is an hour away so when I went to visit him I knew that we only had an hour. The CO at this facility was very quiet and was seated closely by my husband, our son and myself.

I wasn't aware of the rules of this facility normally we visit and talk with my husband behind a window and here we could actually sit next to him and the CO allowed my son to sit on his lap! My son was in heaven, he just kept on staring at my husband like he was an angel and rubbing his arm and saying I love you Dad, it really made his day. On top of this he told us we could stay an extra-half hour because there was only one other women and her children visiting. I was so grateful and thankful and we let him know this.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:55 AM
Very Much Missed Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanks everyone for YOUR concern. I'm FINE. This is an old issue that I have had a lot of trouble with. We discuss it because it will be an important part of our life together when he comes home.

Because of our love and my husband's strength, I have come from not even being able TO discuss this issue with him to being able to talk about it without breaking down completely (though quietly) which I have done in a visiting room on more than one occasion. I'm just glad that: a) I can talk about it now and b) that I can sob quietly

mrs. d
But they all get along and
EVERYONE is happy!

R.I.P. Sally! This Dragon is Flying High Again.. WE LOVE YOU & Will Never Forget!
Old 07-01-2003, 08:17 AM
Been here forever

Mrs.D it is good to hear that CO's are concerned about us out here as well.
I am sorry that you were crying though I hope that your ok
Old 07-01-2003, 08:21 AM
Life Is Insane!

MrsD, I am so glad that you have such a wonderful love with your husband

Men are not prisoners of fate, but prisoners of their own minds. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 07-01-2003, 10:22 AM
Yooper Mod on Leave
Donation Award 

I'm glad she showed concern and you thanked her....Too bad more of them aren't humane.... ((hugs))

Deb

September 10th 2009
Old 07-01-2003, 10:46 AM

Where Stephanie is at all the CO's seem to really care, they actually go out of their way to make everyone comfortable. Steve&kids
Old 07-01-2003, 10:14 PM
~BELIEVE~7-10-06~
Donation Award 

IT IS NICE TO KNOW THAT THERE ARE GOOD CO's IN MDOC!THANKS FOR SHARING...HOPE YOUR CRY HELPED YOU OUT!
Old 07-01-2003, 11:47 PM

glad to hear the visit went well ... you know, by being able to talk of things that trouble us we eventually work through them ... I'm glad you and Mr. D can discuss this ...

hugs to you both,

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.