Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Member Introductions & Bull in Session Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Member Introductions & Bull in Session Lounge Introductions forum for California members and a place to discuss non-prison related topics with other people in the State.

Old 09-28-2018, 09:28 PM

Default Property release questions?

So hey you all. It's crappy when your old man bonehead goes to prison. He's my best friend when he's not drunk. Bahh... I miss the turd. :/ And then I found out my sorta sisters kid was on the same bus up to the same facility on the same day... Hopefully they'll hang out, because they're both nice dude's, sober. My question is... we're not married, but have two kids together. Been together over 3 years. When he left, he had a truck in his name that his crazy parents just took one night. I've since gotten his property from the jail (now he's in prison). His parents are just mean. I'm staying at our sorta brother's house trying to get stuff together. Is there a way for my fiancé to release the truck to me? Even if it is at his parents' house? I have his wallet and keys and a signed note on file at the jail that I was allowed to pick up these items. He writes and sends me cards and loves me still. I just have my broken truck that he was going to fix. Can he send me authorization from prison that I can use to get his truck back? I just want to fix everything on the outs while he does it in there. He's so worth it. Thank you all. I pray that we all can get through this. Lissa
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2018, 04:44 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,676 Times in 1,656 Posts

Hi Lissalyn and welcome to PTO

I moved your post to our California forums so that you'll get better replies to your property questions

Old 09-29-2018, 05:49 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,708 Times in 14,456 Posts

Id doubt that you could just go and pick it up without some way to show ownership of it and if you dont have that you could be in trouble for taking it.

What does the bf say? Is the truck in his name, or his parents name? Are the parents using it? Does the bf want you to have access to it?

That's my dog's nose art

Old 09-29-2018, 05:58 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,314 Times in 1,032 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissalynn View Post
So hey you all. It's crappy when your old man bonehead goes to prison. He's my best friend when he's not drunk. Bahh... I miss the turd. :/ And then I found out my sorta sisters kid was on the same bus up to the same facility on the same day... Hopefully they'll hang out, because they're both nice dude's, sober. My question is... we're not married, but have two kids together. Been together over 3 years. When he left, he had a truck in his name that his crazy parents just took one night. I've since gotten his property from the jail (now he's in prison). His parents are just mean. I'm staying at our sorta brother's house trying to get stuff together. Is there a way for my fiancé to release the truck to me? Even if it is at his parents' house? I have his wallet and keys and a signed note on file at the jail that I was allowed to pick up these items. He writes and sends me cards and loves me still. I just have my broken truck that he was going to fix. Can he send me authorization from prison that I can use to get his truck back? I just want to fix everything on the outs while he does it in there. He's so worth it. Thank you all. I pray that we all can get through this. Lissa

The fist step is .Who has the Certificate of ownership(Aka the Pink Slip) If you can obtain this (pink slip)You can go to DMV use their approved power of attorney form then add your name as one of the owners of this vehicle. Pay the fees and get a new owners certificate with your name and his Once you have this document you just go and take the vehicle from his parents. They may and probably call law enforcement, No problem their you are one of the registered owners of said vehicle nothing they can due about you taking said property The first step will decide how this matter proceeds DMV will be fun but it can be done
gvalliant (09-30-2018), Sarianna (09-30-2018), xolady (09-30-2018)
Old 09-30-2018, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickj View Post

The fist step is .Who has the Certificate of ownership(Aka the Pink Slip) If you can obtain this (pink slip)You can go to DMV use their approved power of attorney form then add your name as one of the owners of this vehicle. Pay the fees and get a new owners certificate with your name and his Once you have this document you just go and take the vehicle from his parents. They may and probably call law enforcement, No problem their you are one of the registered owners of said vehicle nothing they can due about you taking said property The first step will decide how this matter proceeds DMV will be fun but it can be done
I appreciate the advice. My man's sister stole the pink. If he signs a note from prison, can I get a duplicate title? Maybe send it to him, signing off or idk. I'll check with DMV, as well. I appreciate your help!!
Old 10-01-2018, 09:35 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,314 Times in 1,032 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissalynn View Post
I appreciate the advice. My man's sister stole the pink. If he signs a note from prison, can I get a duplicate title? Maybe send it to him, signing off or idk. I'll check with DMV, as well. I appreciate your help!!
Look at the DMV web site there is information on how to get a duplicate owners certificate (pink slip) You may also might want to look into obtaining a power of attorney on your man. CALIFORNIA GENERAL DURABLE POWER OF ATTORNEY Your man can get it notarized inside the prison there are a number of notaries employed at each institution. He will have to ask around. If you choose to obtain a power of attorney please wait until he is assigned to a facility full time (do not try to get anything done during reception time)

sidewalker (10-05-2018)