Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > DELAWARE Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

DELAWARE Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Delaware - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, Visitation, Phones, mail, News & Information, etc.

Old 04-27-2015, 03:19 PM

Default So frustrated- I haven't been added to his call list

I have been waiting since the beginning of March and JVCC still hasn't added me to his call list. I called GTL and they told me he has tried to call every day. I have written him but there's almost 2 week delay to get his response and he isn't getting mine for almost 10 days. He told me he will be released soon but I have stopped writing because of the delay. My last letter was mailed on April 18th. I called the Warden's office and they told me it could take 90 days to get a phone number added. Wth??? I am not made for this. I don't want to abandon him and I am hardly sleeping from the guilt of wanting to give up. If he is wrong and his time is extended I don't know how I would react. He is paying for his mistakes so why do I feel so guilty?
The Following User Says Thank You to HeWentAway For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (12-20-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2015, 04:23 PM
Hancock State Newbie

Why do you feel guilty? That sliver of doubt crosses my mind every now and again. All I think about is the love we have for each other. If you can't talk to him right away keep on writing letters. Soon he will get them..Don't give up on him and your love for him. If it was made to be easy everyone would be doing it ! Cheer up !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bethanieb For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (12-20-2015), HeWentAway (04-27-2015)
Old 04-27-2015, 04:34 PM

Thanked 5,946 Times in 3,102 Posts

It seems a real short time to give up and stop writing, WTH. You blaming and then punishing him because mail takes too long? Sounds pretty awful to me. Maybe you should move on because your in for a rude awakening if you think this is unusual! It sucks we all get it we all deal with these problems but that's all they are is problems. Maybe call the mail room and ask politely why its taking so long. Then call the case mngr and ask why its taking so long for phone service is taking so long? Giving up on someone who has no control over whats happening as far as mail/phone is beyond my understanding.
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (12-20-2015)
Old 04-27-2015, 09:35 PM

Angry

#pissed

Last edited by HeWentAway; 04-27-2015 at 09:38 PM.. Reason: duplicate
Old 04-27-2015, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
It seems a real short time to give up and stop writing, WTH. You blaming and then punishing him because mail takes too long? Sounds pretty awful to me. Maybe you should move on because your in for a rude awakening if you think this is unusual! It sucks we all get it we all deal with these problems but that's all they are is problems. Maybe call the mail room and ask politely why its taking so long. Then call the case mngr and ask why its taking so long for phone service is taking so long? Giving up on someone who has no control over whats happening as far as mail/phone is beyond my understanding.
First of all, don't make assumptions before you ask questions.
You have every right to post on this forum as I do but I will not allow you to or your assumptions to distort the purpose of my post --WHICH IS ALSO MY RIGHT!

I am not punishing him for anything. The law is punishing him for what he did. I am not in jail, have never been to jail, have never dealt with anyone in jail and have no desire to be involved with it. This is all new to me. Since you seem to do some reading, I would like to welcome you to read the post I wrote about him before. Furthermore, you also assumed that you know why I stopped writing. He will be out soon. Maybe you didn't read that. I have figured out that if I continue to write, he will be released before they are delivered to him. Did you catch that?? I will be happy to break it down for you better >> Based on the timing of the 4 letters I received from him and the dates of the replies from the money, 14 letters, 2 cards and 27 pictures I have sent him, they would still be "delivering" letters to him after he is released. Can you UNDERSTAND THAT? My frustration is also with the fact that I haven't got to speak with him and it has been over 30 days and he still can't call me. If JVCC takes the full 90 days to add the number, he will be released before I ever talk to him and part of the money I spent for his phone account will be eaten in fees for no reason after not having made a single call. Then this whole "call the mailroom"... umm do you thing I just called and talked to the Warden's office to say hello? SMH

I am by no means obligated to explain myself to you but I did because you don't know me and using the word "AWFUL" in reference to me without knowing hardly anything about my situation with him and what I have done for him pisses me off. Love or not, at the end of the day I did not put him where he is and I had to go searching to find him and know was even breathing. So, don't say anything to me about AWFUL! You have no IDEA what I have been through. I posted on a forum to vent my frustration. I can do that! I need to do something to try to keep hoping I will hear from him and not worry about his well-being. POINT OF IT ALL: ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE YOU ASSUME! GOOD NIGHT!
The Following User Says Thank You to HeWentAway For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (12-20-2015)
Old 04-27-2015, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWentAway View Post
First of all, don't make assumptions before you ask questions.
You have every right to post on this forum as I do but I will not allow you to or your assumptions to distort the purpose of my post --WHICH IS ALSO MY RIGHT!

I am not punishing him for anything. The law is punishing him for what he did. I am not in jail, have never been to jail, have never dealt with anyone in jail and have no desire to be involved with it. This is all new to me. Since you seem to do some reading, I would like to welcome you to read the post I wrote about him before. Furthermore, you also assumed that you know why I stopped writing. He will be out soon. Maybe you didn't read that. I have figured out that if I continue to write, he will be released before they are delivered to him. Did you catch that?? I will be happy to break it down for you better >> Based on the timing of the 4 letters I received from him and the dates of the replies from the money, 14 letters, 2 cards and 27 pictures I have sent him, they would still be "delivering" letters to him after he is released. Can you UNDERSTAND THAT? My frustration is also with the fact that I haven't got to speak with him and it has been over 30 days and he still can't call me. If JVCC takes the full 90 days to add the number, he will be released before I ever talk to him and part of the money I spent for his phone account will be eaten in fees for no reason after not having made a single call. Then this whole "call the mailroom"... umm do you thing I just called and talked to the Warden's office to say hello? SMH

I am by no means obligated to explain myself to you but I did because you don't know me and using the word "AWFUL" in reference to me without knowing hardly anything about my situation with him and what I have done for him pisses me off. Love or not, at the end of the day I did not put him where he is and I had to go searching to find him and know was even breathing. So, don't say anything to me about AWFUL! You have no IDEA what I have been through. I posted on a forum to vent my frustration. I can do that! I need to do something to try to keep hoping I will hear from him and not worry about his well-being. POINT OF IT ALL: ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE YOU ASSUME! GOOD NIGHT!
Yeah don't tell me to ask questions before replying, I was going by this thread not what you have previously posted. I know you think I was being mean I wasn't. REALLY re-read the original post I responded to. I wasn't saying your awful, but a little compassion for him would put you in a better light. Your the one here saying you can't wait your giving up on him over no phone calls/delayed mail not me. I made some suggestions that might get you further then calling the WARDEN who could careless who gets phone calls and who don't. SMH That's like calling 1-800-WHOCARES! But don't pay attention to anything anyone says or might suggest. You know it all!!! Oh and buy the way you don't allow me anything!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (12-20-2015)
Old 04-27-2015, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
Yeah don't tell me to ask questions before replying, I was going by this thread not what you have previously posted. I know you think I was being mean I wasn't. REALLY re-read the original post I responded to. I wasn't saying your awful, but a little compassion for him would put you in a better light. Your the one here saying you can't wait your giving up on him over no phone calls/delayed mail not me. I made some suggestions that might get you further then calling the WARDEN who could careless who gets phone calls and who don't. SMH That's like calling 1-800-WHOCARES! But don't pay attention to anything anyone says or might suggest. You know it all!!! Oh and buy the way you don't allow me anything!!!
This will be my last response to you. I am apparently not the only one who knows it all. I didn't start with the Warden. I was transferred there for a reason. So which one do you want to be the pot or the kettle. Like I said. Goodnight. "In reference to" Google it. #readingcomprehension #trytofindsome
Old 04-27-2015, 10:25 PM

Quote:
I have been waiting since the beginning of March and JVCC still hasn't added me to his call list. I called GTL and they told me he has tried to call every day. I have written him but there's almost 2 week delay to get his response and he isn't getting mine for almost 10 days. He told me he will be released soon but I have stopped writing because of the delay. My last letter was mailed on April 18th. I called the Warden's office and they told me it could take 90 days to get a phone number added. Wth??? I am not made for this. I don't want to abandon him and I am hardly sleeping from the guilt of wanting to give up. If he is wrong and his time is extended I don't know how I would react. He is paying for his mistakes so why do I feel so guilty?
READ THIS your thread not mine.
Old 05-02-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:

Don't feel guilty! I used to work there as a nurse. They just do not care. They are not treated like humans there. They don't feed them as much as they do at Gander either. My man dropped 20 pounds when he was transferred from Gander to Vaughn.
And I have seen first hand how negatively they are treated. It broke my heart being there. Please don't feel guilty. It's not you or him but the system that they have in place.
The Following User Says Thank You to MamalovesDaddy For This Useful Post:
HeWentAway (05-14-2015)
Old 05-03-2015, 12:47 AM

HeWentAway, I am not sure why you are so furious with xolady who was only giving her opinion, why we come on here after all. It seems you have not come to terms with the situation yet and are as angry as hell with him for getting a prison sentence, maybe some councelling would help as this never gets easy and if you dont get that you are going to be perpetually frustrated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redgrl For This Useful Post:
KobeDeuce (06-29-2015), xolady (05-03-2015)
Old 05-14-2015, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgrl View Post
HeWentAway, I am not sure why you are so furious with xolady who was only giving her opinion, why we come on here after all. It seems you have not come to terms with the situation yet and are as angry as hell with him for getting a prison sentence, maybe some councelling would help as this never gets easy and if you dont get that you are going to be perpetually frustrated.
Thank you for your reply. He doesn't have much longer to go. I have checked out emotionally although I have written him again 3 times. Last time will be Monday 18th if I do again. Still no calls. I told him the ball is in his court when he gets out. I am not going to hold onto the stress of him being there anymore.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamalovesDaddy View Post
Don't feel guilty! I used to work there as a nurse. They just do not care. They are not treated like humans there. They don't feed them as much as they do at Gander either. My man dropped 20 pounds when he was transferred from Gander to Vaughn.
And I have seen first hand how negatively they are treated. It broke my heart being there. Please don't feel guilty. It's not you or him but the system that they have in place.
Thank you so much! He told me he stopped eating the breakfast there because he threw up every time he ate it. I had to stop worrying. It was making me sick and I am still hardly sleeping. On the plus side, he should be out in just over 2 weeks. According to his letters, he seems to be in high spirits and has gotten regular visits. I think things will turn around when I speak with him.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Thank you so much! He told me he stopped eating the breakfast there because he threw up every time he ate it. I had to stop worrying. It was making me sick and I am still hardly sleeping. On the plus side, he should be out in just over 2 weeks. According to his letters, he seems to be in high spirits and has gotten regular visits. I think things will turn around when I speak with him.
I wish you could really see how you sound, I hope for this guys sake he finds someone who actually cares about his well being.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
KobeDeuce (06-29-2015), SaderGirl (05-27-2015)
Old 08-23-2015, 04:23 AM

Staff Superstar Winner Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,578 Times in 1,813 Posts

I'm closing the thread due to the fact that nothing good can come of it, and it will continue in a downward spiral no matter what gets said.

Que Fácil Es Amarte
Four years and I'm still wearing the smile you gave me

Check out our

Weekly Postcard Swap 2015

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunflow For This Useful Post:
Keltria (08-23-2015), patchouli (08-23-2015)
Old 08-23-2015, 06:23 AM
Super Duper Admin

PTO Diamond Award Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 14,388 Times in 5,245 Posts

Just so everyone is clear - It was under my orders that this thread be closed. First off, to the original poster, if the response is not what you want to read, it is best you skip what does not suit you and move on to the next. It is also not the responsibility of the responders to read through your other posts before responding. Maybe you should have put the full history, or part of the other history in this post. Posting messages that are going to incite conflict is against PTO policy.

So for future reference - take what you need and leave the rest, it always works.

To any other members involved in this conflict, I know, sometimes you have to have the last say, but, you guys are old members and should know that having this back and forward issue is not going to be allowed. If you get a response to your post, that is not as nice as you would have hoped, walk away too. It ends the conflict right there. There can be no conflict if only one party is involved.

We welcome freedom of speech here, but sometimes, just sometimes, it needs to be ended. I decided to end this early as possible.

PTO Administrator

You know you are a successful woman when you build a good foundation with the bricks other people have thrown at you!

Please dont breed or buy while millions of unwanted pets die. Adopt a pet instead.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keltria For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (08-23-2015), patchouli (08-23-2015)