Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > DELAWARE Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

DELAWARE Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Delaware - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, Visitation, Phones, mail, News & Information, etc.

Old 09-04-2014, 06:40 PM

Default Phone call policy

Are inmate calls controlled by computer meaning he is IN SHU and they told him 2 calls a week. Is that a strictly enforced policy like is it controlled by computer that even if they try it wont allow them to dial out more than 2x a week?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2014, 07:00 PM

Umm if he's in the shu he's on lockdown. Co's only take them out their cell for shower/calls/yard time (which is usually alone). Usually 23 hour lockdown. Shu is very controlled.

"The Degree of Civilization in a Society Can Be Judged by Entering its Prisons"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Monkey Mookie For This Useful Post:
inurok (09-05-2014), sass4221 (09-04-2014), xolady (09-04-2014)
Old 09-05-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Mookie View Post
Umm if he's in the shu he's on lockdown. Co's only take them out their cell for shower/calls/yard time (which is usually alone). Usually 23 hour lockdown. Shu is very controlled.
He told me he was threatened so I called and requested he be put in PC but they put him in SHU instead? I just want to know is it possible they will allow him to make more than 2 calls a week if he behaves or is that controlled via computer and the system will allow him to call more than his allotted time?
He has only 6 more days of this then he will be free. I have 6 days to do a lot of thinking. thx
Old 09-05-2014, 12:18 PM

It's not a matter of being controlled by a computer they are not allowed out of their cells for calls unless the CO brings them out and they only do that on certain days and times. And yes I would assume even though they are not out of their cells to get to the phones that they would be shut off. At least here, I know the phones are shut off when it's not the designated times of use. The shu, PC, AC etc.. They are all strictly controlled environments. It doesn't matter what reason you were placed there.

"The Degree of Civilization in a Society Can Be Judged by Entering its Prisons"
Old 09-05-2014, 01:54 PM

So I was told in SHU they are locked up 23 hours a day which would mean 2 me 1 hour out each day. Then again he told me he is in his cell for 3 days at a time so that would mean locked up 72hours straight then 1 hour out? This is all new to me cause their website says SHU 1 call a week but I got 2 calls that day? So I am asking are they allowed to make calls each time they are out or is it controlled 2 per week?