Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > DELAWARE Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

DELAWARE Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Delaware - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, Visitation, Phones, mail, News & Information, etc.

Old 08-22-2014, 06:43 PM

Default Over 2 weeks no calls or mail from James Vaughn

My boyfriend is locked up at James T Vaughn In Smyrna awaiting trial? Its been 18 days and he has not called??? I saw him on Monday and dropped off money for his acct. I told him to buy stamps and envelopes to write me. I mailed him 7 letters since Monday I have got non from him. if the money just hit his acct tues how long does it take to buy stamps and envelopes to mail me a letter. I am 20 mins from the prision. Says it could take up to 2 weeks to get him in system for phone acct but its been 18 days?

Worried
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2014, 06:48 PM

I don't know about where he is but here they place canteen orders only once a week on a certain day and same when the receive their canteen orders, it's on a certain day. So they don't get it when they place their orders. It all takes time, his money might've hit after the day for orders. But I send stamped envelopes to my fiancé, makes it easier.

"The Degree of Civilization in a Society Can Be Judged by Entering its Prisons"
Old 08-22-2014, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Mookie View Post
I don't know about where he is but here they place canteen orders only once a week on a certain day and same when the receive their canteen orders, it's on a certain day. So they don't get it when they place their orders. It all takes time, his money might've hit after the day for orders. But I send stamped envelopes to my fiancé, makes it easier.
He told me to mail him some self addressed stamped envelopes which I did though I did tell him that locations rules states no stamps or stationary to be mailed to the inmate?
Old 08-22-2014, 08:29 PM

Wow really that facility doesn't allow for stamps to be sent to an inmate, that's crazy. Did they send if back to you? Any mail rejected should be send back to the sender.
The Following User Says Thank You to Monkey Mookie For This Useful Post:
kimism (09-29-2017)
Old 08-23-2014, 08:55 AM

Our facility doesn't allow anything other than photos in with letters. No stamps, envelopes, blank paper, etc. At first we were told we could send stamps so we did. Those letters and stamps were returned to us with a note saying stamps weren't allowed. We also had letters returned for the signature not matching the addresser. His mom would sign "mother" but her address label had her name. I would sign my nickname he calls me by, but address with my first initial.

A simple call to the mail room asking for the rules has fixed a lot of frustration. They were happy to read me the rules straight from the handbook.
The Following User Says Thank You to itwontbelong180 For This Useful Post:
Wendy1918 (08-29-2014)
Old 08-29-2014, 04:10 PM

Well I just got 2 letters from him and I made a call and spoke to the person that sets up phone accts and he is finally in the system. Now since he is in SHU I now need to find out what time of day they allow him out to make phone calls. Do any of the SHU cells have a phone inside?
Old 08-30-2014, 08:53 AM

Thanked 3,307 Times in 1,684 Posts

No phone calls in SHU-just mail.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatwiz View Post
No phone calls in SHU-just mail.
They told him SHU lets 1 call a week. He is in SHU so he can be protected not because he did bad. He is a pretty boy so u asked for him to be protected.