Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Oklahoma.

Old 10-13-2005, 07:55 AM

Default Questions about Davis Correctional Facility (Holdenville)

Okay ya'll

He finally got placed. Can anyone tell me anything about the Holdenville prison? I don't really have any knowledge on this particular prison at all. Is there a sight that tells me dress code for visitation and all that stuff? Is it a fairly decent prison??

Tell me everything. Delete nothing.

Beth
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2005, 11:47 AM

Default Reply: Davis Correctional Facility

Holdenville is SE of OKC. It's takes about 1 1/2 hours to get there from OKC. From my experiences so far and by other family members opinions it is one of the better places to be. My husband hasn't had any problems so far. http://www.doc.state.ok.us/Offtech/030118a.pdf This link should take you to the dress code. Be careful to follow rules or Ms. Jackson won't let you visit. Also be sure to fill out the visitor approval application. You should get one in the mail. Hope I helped. If you have any questions send me a private message.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:26 PM

Your man is truly blessed to be placed there. My son in law is there & has found it to be a very positive place to be. He is in the Theraputic Community Drug Program & it is really helping him. It's hard, but good. He says the church services are awesome. There are alot of great spiritual programs that really help, Victory Bible Institute classes for one. He says that everyone tries to behave themselves as everyone thinks that it is the best facility any of them have been at & don't want to be moved. The only thing he has complained about is that they serve toooo much turkey. The facility is really nice as it is only about 6-7 years old. The staff is friendly & tries to help. I have always been treated with respect. The most important thing is that my loved one is safe, treated humanely, & is relatively happy in spite of the fact that he is in prison. He is all of those & feels blessed of God to be there. As far as dress code, don't wear anything revealing skin or too tight. Also no opened toed shoes, watch what is printed on tshirts, & some colors of shirts are prohibited, you'll have to look at their dress code for that. Their policies about books & a few other things are not as strict as the state run facilities, so call them if you have questions. I hope he gets really involved in the programs. There is more opportunity for education, etc. there than most places. Time will go faster if he is involved & he will come out changed for the better as a result. Anyway, welcome to Holdenville! If you have any other questions, PM me.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:44 AM

Ha! Ha! Yes I heard about that turkey thing too. My husband said that they grind the turkey up and put it it everything. He said he's not sure if that is even what it is. He is also in the Theraputic Community program.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:32 AM

Thank you so much for that encouraging post!!! This makes me me feel sooo much better. I was hoping against all hopes that he didn't end up in Granite, but I didn't know anything about Davis. My husband is in need of a good drug rehab facility, so I'm happy to hear they have some good programs! We've just begun with his sentance of 10 years, yet I already worry how he's going to do when he's out. Hopefully, this will give him the shot in the arm that he needs. (Good thing he like Turkey...LOL)
Old 10-14-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Turkey

The turkey isn't fixed like most people like it. Some of the guys think that they are getting a rash on their skin from too much turkey! However, I think it sounds better than some of the stuff they cook in their cells, like cut up Slim Jims, refried beans, & ramin noodles all mixed together. They also make anchaladas using crushed up cheetos with water stirred in for their cheese. Yuck! Anyway, tell Wayne to sign up for the drug program. If he is ready to admit he needs help & make the change in his life, it will really benefit him.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:57 AM

Hee Hee. Yeah, I've heard of the slop they make in their cells with a hot plate. Ewww. My hubby used to make ramen noodles with cheese n crackers sprinkled over it. Yuck!

I have another question...Do they let the guys smoke in private prisons? Can they smoke in Davis?
Old 10-18-2005, 11:40 AM

As far as I know they don't allow smoking in any of the prisons in OK. If they are working on their addictions, they might as well get rid of that one too. Ha!
Old 10-18-2005, 02:11 PM

Yep, private prisons stopped the smoking too

Can ya'll tell I'm still bitter over this one...lol.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:10 AM
12 didn't work for US

I miss Holdneville!! My hubby was there for a year and its one of the best prisons in Oklahoma that I have seen!!
He had his own band ...country they met and sang every day. He loved the church.
He also went through the drug program and if you ask him today...2 yrs later he will tell you Thanks to GOD and that program his life has been saved. He has been in and out of rehabs for the last 20 yrs and this is one finally worked...
The visits at Holdenville were shorter then I have now and there were alot of holidays I was forced to leave cuz of limited space...but the CO's there always treated me with respect....as long as I live I don't think I'll ever forget one of them for being such a nice man..
I always took lots of quarters

*HUGS*
Renee
Old 11-16-2005, 10:44 AM
Account Closed

Now i have a differing opinion on Davis. Robert has had nothing but problems with them. I am sure most of it is his fault, im not saying its not, but i have had a few problems with his counselor. Mr Hamilton has done nothing except withhold the info i needed and has even lied to me, when i have called in the past. They even went so far a couple of weeks ago to put Robert in SEG because his cellie had a tattoo gun, and even after the guy admitted it was his and not roberts and even after the guards all stood up for Robert, he was still put in SEG for 130 days. And of course it was MR Hamilton's judgement call. And the other female counselor there wasnt very helpful or friendly when i contacted her either. I dont remember her name. But i havent liked the whole situation and am glad they are thinking of moving him after christmas if he didnt make his parole. Does anyone know how they decide where to move an inmate?
Old 11-16-2005, 06:27 PM

Rebel, it all depends on where there's a spot available and what needs he has. Sometimes it's because there's another inmate who needs to be moved to your prison so they just swap out. It's all a guess really

I'm sorry things have turned out like this. We've been going through the same issues so I know it's frustrating. Just hang in there
Old 11-16-2005, 10:32 PM

If he has been there 1 year he can put in a request to transfer, if he hasn't been there that long then they more than likely will tell him he can't be moved unless of course they want to move him
Old 11-17-2005, 11:06 PM
12 didn't work for US

Blond..sorry to hear your story about Davis....Maybe he will get moved before to long!
Old 11-18-2005, 08:19 PM
Account Closed

he's been there since 2002 from my understanding. i hear such horror stories about some min security places that i dont know that i want him moved to one or not. but i guess he survived this long here...i guess we will just have to wait and see
Old 05-04-2007, 10:49 AM

My fiance is at DCF. Can anyone tell me the hours of visiting on Thursdays and Fridays? I can't find it anywhere on there website.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:51 AM

my fiance is at DCF, can anyone tell me the visiting hours on Thursdays and Fridays?
Old 05-04-2007, 11:56 AM
RRS&AKS

From my "Inmate Handbook" it states, Thurday 5pm-9pm, Friday 5pm-9pm, Saturday 10am-2pm &3pm-7pm, Sunday 9am-1pm &2pm-6pm.
Now depending on the I/M's level will determine how long the visit will last.
example; Level 1 Inmates are authorized to have 1 one-hour non-contact(behind glass) visit per week on th or fri.
Hope this helps.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:41 PM
~*~Butch'z Bunny ~*~

My Fiance is at DAvis and so far, the only thing I can personally complain about is the dentist there. They tried to drag their feet about fixing a problem THEY created....however, after a couple of phone calls and an inquiry for the phone number to their corporate office, they rectified it and we have had no problems since. The turkey thing is his other complaint, but at least it is better than the oklahoma county jail food. Visitation has so far been a good experience. But I will be SOOO happy when this is all over......being the future wife of a prisoner is ALOT harder than I thought it would be.......but so far, Im hangin in there.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:43 PM
~*~Butch'z Bunny ~*~

oh yeah, and the thurs/fri visits are from 4:30 to 8:30.......good luck!
Old 06-22-2007, 10:16 PM

I had to laugh when I read about the "turkey" complaint. So they are still serving turkey every way you can imagine?? Where my loved one is at now (OK institution) they serve bologna every way you can think of. And the bologna has "not for HUMAN consumption" labeled on the side of the packaging. So what is up with that?????
Old 08-22-2007, 04:39 PM
msnmybaby

Default when released

my fiance is gonna be released in like 2 months and need to know if anyone knows the bus station he would be taken to when he is released.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:55 AM
RRS&AKS

Talking I think ..

I think It would be Jefferson lanes..
My man is there too. You can call them and ask.1-405-379-6400, Ask for Carla in human resources..
Hope that helps.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:03 PM
msnmybaby

Default unable to call

i can't call them for any information. i am a previous employee so it wouldn't be good for him.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Visit Advice

I finally get visit my fiance at Davis. Any advice on dress, rules, best practices from anyone who's have recent experience at this facility would be appreciated. Thanks