Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Ohio that do not fit into any other Ohio sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 09-06-2003, 07:03 PM

Question wanting info

Hello All,
My Fiance is in Montgomery Co. jail. Waiting sentencing. Is it possible to be married there? Would love any feedback.
Thanks loveofjj
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2003, 07:55 PM
Banned

Hello loveofjj, yes it is possible to marry while he is in the county jail. I am unclear as to where you are and were he is. If your state has proxy marriages as Texas does then the answer is yes! Now marrying at the jail probably won't happen. You should call the Marriage License Office in your county and ask about proxy weddings. A birth cerificate is usually needed for the one who is the inmate. The county will send him a form. He must designate you as the one he intends to marry. He sends it back to the county then they call you. You will then pay for the marriage license.etc. You make your own arrangements as to whom will marry you. Inmates have a right to marry. I believe it is easier to do before he is sent to prison. Good luck and let me know how it goes.
Old 09-09-2003, 06:34 AM
Old Fart Now

My BF was at Montgomery County Jail several times and at some point we thought about getting married.
All you need to do is to get the marriage license- you need his power of attorney- and then make an appointment with one of the Montgomery County judges.

Tanya