Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oklahoma that do not fit into any other Oklahoma sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 01-01-2007, 09:24 PM

Default oklahoma county jail to add email for inmates

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0107/384523.html
Old 01-02-2007, 12:06 PM

this is very interesting information thanks for sharing it with everyone keep us posted on any new updates.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:12 PM

That would be awesome if that could happen cause if I need to get my fiance a letter or tell him something right away then I could do it that way, wow, I hope they get that going, keep us updated forsure, thanks

C
Old 01-09-2007, 10:03 PM

I don't know bout ya'll but it scares me a little that they are doing this. Email would be great, but I think it helps them to have something from home that they can open up, I don't give a rat's rear about the additional costs, sorry.

I saw where they are also trying to go to video visitation and said something about how it would stop contraband from being smuggled in. What I'd like to know is how is contraband getting in during visitation when all visitation is thru glass????

Seems to me it would have to come from somebody that works there. And another thing while I'm ranting. If they start this in the county jail,how much longer before it trickles down to the prisons????? Don't know about the rest of you, I need and want to be able to see and touch my man. I don't want video visitation and want to be able to write him. We are already restricted enough without having to go thru anymore crap!!!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 09:52 AM

just saw this and though it is several months back, I wanted to add my 2 cents. It does strike me as a bit odd, how so much contraband can be brought into the Jails and prisons.. In the county jails ,we are behind glass, now I know they have a method of doing so but honestly several guards are involved, they have to be.. You have more drugs inside and much easier to obtain than out here.. It is ridiculous but that is just my opinion.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:54 AM

Why always punish the inmates and families, what about guards and others who are making a profit from smuggling in something. Why not check them coming in and leaving.