Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oklahoma that do not fit into any other Oklahoma sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 07-19-2005, 10:33 PM

Default Length of time at Oklahoma County Jail

For those of you who went through Ok county before Lexington... how long was the average stay? I'm being told it could be 6-8 months before my son heads down to Lexington. I keep calling down at Lex to see if they've received his paperwork, and I get a different reason why not each time. What is the procedure anyway.Do they get the paperwork right before they're pulled?, or does it get received and then just sit until there is bed space at Lex. He's been at county since June 14th. Is keeping a decent attitude, but the boredom is starting to creep in on him. He's going thru books, and bible studies, but is still going stir crazy.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2005, 10:45 PM

I don't know about OK county-- mine went through Tulsa and it was about 2mo maybe- hard to remember-- but then he was all the way to half-way and they charged him with something that was later dropped-- sent him to Okmulgee county and he was there for about 4mo-- and yes completely stir crazy!!! Just hang in there and keep that mail going in-- it really does help them. There's a thread in the prison mail forum with ideas of things to do by letter-- you might check that out I've done some of them and mine has loved them. There are puzzle and game websites with things you can print out and play back and forth by mail and I found an oragami one that I print out the instructions for different things-- he just uses the paper I wrote the letter on that I included if he doesnt have access to any- and he loves that too. I saved all the websites to my favorites- so pm me if you'd like and I'll send them directly back to you. Best of luck!

Old 07-19-2005, 11:08 PM
Billy's Wife 4 Life

It took my husband almost 6 months to get processed through Oklahoma County to Lexington.

Billy and Donna

Old 07-20-2005, 01:42 AM

Unhappy Its a long stay in ok county

Unfortunately its a very long stay in okla county. My husband was in ok county a couple of years ago. It took almost a year before he was shipped to lexington and then only because he was having medical problems. I had to go through doc medical because he was being denied medical treatment, but of course i threatened to call the indian bureau to look into it.( My husband is Indian.)
Now my brother is in okla county. He has been waiting since January to pull chain as they call it. Any time He asks how much longer he is told he is next. So I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you might as get ready for a long wait. As long as he is there his time is day for day.They tell you different but when you get to lex they set you straight on that. I dont know how true it is but we were told the reason its such a long wait is the county gets money for every prisoner waiting to go to doc from doc. It's also not upto doc who goes next its up to the county. So dont bother calling doc for any info they dont know anything.Good luck
Old 07-20-2005, 09:05 AM
Hate Oklahoma DOC

I don't know about OK cty, But inTulsa you call the court clerk of the trail judge to fined out if all paper is done and filed, then there's a gal who takes care of who pulls and who don't. So it might help if you bug the judges chamber! Just a little FYI.
Maybe ya'll could call the paper and push that way too.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:23 PM

My girls father is in OK county right now, he was arrested in October 2004, did not get sentenced until April 2005, and has been waiting since then to get transferred. He finally got moved up to the 10th floor ( the DOC holding floor) a couple weeks ago, but we have no idea how long he will have to wait there before being transferred to LARC. He told me on my last visit that they had supposedly moved up everyone that had been sentenced through April, although whether or not that is the truth I have no idea. Unfortunately the prisons are soooo overcrowded right now everything is moving very slowly. Has your son been sentenced yet?

edited to add- he was sentenced on April 11th and did not get moved to the DOC floor until June 30th, so more than 2 months after his sentencing.....

Last edited by soonermommy; 07-20-2005 at 01:29 PM..
Old 07-20-2005, 08:43 PM
Shaun's Wifey 2005

I was wondering the answer to that question too. My man is at OK CO. and may be sentenced on July 28th. I was wondering what will happen if he has to do prison time. Sorry that it takes so long. What is the hold up in OK Co? Or is it Lexington? I am praying that he won't get too much time.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:02 PM
12 didn't work for US

My hubby was in Oklahoma County Jail for over 6 months..not sure exactly how long...but TO long...Good Luck to all those who are waiting to get to Lex.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:07 PM
Okie

Well, he was there about 3 months until I started my "email campaign" and emailed everyone to death about him being there so long. And yes, send him books while you can! They read them and trade them for others to read. It helps kill the boredom.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:28 PM

DOC has no beds they have a back up in the County jails of over 1500 inmates. Mediums are the worse, So part of it may depend on what type of sentence you got as to how fast he may or may not get moved
Old 07-22-2005, 09:55 PM

Default transfer to larc

i was on the phone constantly with larc while my husband was in ok co. this is what i was explained. they take short timers and programs first. short timers are 2yrs and less(which was not my husband). my husband was there 6 months exactly from sentencing (his sentence was 3-3yr sentences running concurrent). i spoke with a lady named robin lukenbell, she handles the transfer list. they cannot tell you exactly when but they can give u ball park figures. she was very helpful and nice. she is at larc. her extension is 2224. i cannot figure out which phone number is the exact one for there. i have so many and it has now been about 5 months since i have dealt with larc. the more program people and short timers they get the harder it is for the timers to "pull chain" my husband and i got very frusterated and felt it was never ending, but it finally did. i can also tell you that it does slow their prison time down some. they cannot start earning levels until they go through larc but they do recieve some extra credits for time sitting in county. I was also informed that they get a level 2 back dated to the day of sentencing once they get to larc. because my husbands time gets messed up every time they transfer him i do not know exactly how it all breaks down and what exactly he did earn prior to larc and since being recieved. all i can say is that now he has earned level 3 enhanced and was recieved to larc in march. good luck on what i think was the hardest part of his sentence so far, at this point u can't get any real answers about it and he doesn't really get looked at until he gets his doc # at larc. good luck

Last edited by lylyjones; 07-22-2005 at 10:07 PM.. Reason: stupidity
Old 07-22-2005, 10:19 PM

My husband was in OTC...is that the same as Oklahoma County? He was there 3 1/2 weeks and was supposed to go to Lexington Medical after that. He has just been transferred to Seagoville on his way to Sherman, Texas for his resentencing . Then he will be going to Lex. Medical Facility. I heard that they were sending less and less people to Lex. I hope you don't have to wait too long!