Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Kentucky that do not fit into any other Kentucky sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 01-13-2019, 08:47 PM
DANA'S HOME

Default Bluegrass Cafe 2019 Chit Chat

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Happy January! How is everyone? Hoping you all are in good health! I didn't see a 2019 forum so move or delete if need be.
So what's new? Me yes retired. Stay at home now john needs a lot of help his sugar is bad. And we have his dad too who has early stages of dementia. So life's busy. Dana moved back home we fell out so not talking. Still go see her husband n remain family to him. He will be served out this October! Can't wait. Well I'll get that picture over to you soon
0612/e/parole&date/k/6u54/event.png[/img]
The Following User Says Thank You to jemison2001 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (01-13-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2019, 09:32 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,435 Times in 15,885 Posts

Hey jemison!! You know we're getting old when we're all retired. I haven't work for 2 years. Its like a vacation at first.....but then, oh my!, I miss the routine and consistency of knowing what I was doing, when I was doing it, and getting paid for doing it

So sorry to hear about John's sugar and his Dad's dementia I know you'll keep 'em in line though!

Wow....served out in October. At least he won't be on paper. I hope his reentry is a smooth one. Do you think he & Dana will make up and try again?

My Mr still has issues from his accident. Its been 1 1/2 years, so I doubt if things will improve any more than they have already. We're dealing with it, hopefully growing with it.....I think we are

Your FB link doesn't work

EDIT: Thanks for making the Chit Chat thread!

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 01-14-2019, 06:57 AM
DANA'S HOME

Patch na I dont think they will get back together but she never got a divorce either sooo
but we are the only real family he has his other family doesn't bother with him no phone calls visits money nothing in all these yrs...but we have stood right by his side and always will. I actually took his mom and sister once for a visit and his mom after 10 minutes got up and started to walk out we all were like hey where she trying to go here she was trying to leave( but they wouldnt let her) but I mean man no goodbye or see you later or im gonna go nothing?? weird so after that I decided no more I just found that to be so rude! but hes gonna come here to our house when he gets out we have a empty basement ( fully finished) that way he will have his own lil place for now

sorry to hear about mr. hope some thing work out for ya....ya I was loving being home after 6 months I was like ok what do I do now...lol
Old 04-05-2019, 12:18 AM

Hey Kentucky!! I can't believe it has been since January since any of us have posted. I know I am slacking severely. No real good excuse, just spacing, I guess. Hope all of you are doing okay.

Jemison - It sounds like you more than have your hands full, which, you always do. It is sad that some families just drop their family member like they were nothing. I am sure they feel justified whatever happened. Hope things go better for John and the rest of the family.

Patch - I had hoped that your mister had started getting better. TBI is a terrible thing for both the person but the family as a whole. We can always hope there is some improvement going to happen. Are you having a garden this year? I think I will do a few plants and of course, my flowers. Tomatoes are a must for me. Love some fresh garden veggies. There is a local couple here that I get fresh veggies from.

Sass - I am sure you are busy, too! Working all the time.

I am doing pretty good. Had shoulder repair surgery at the end of January but it is healing nicely. I think it will be a success. Less pain already but PT continues which flares it up. Still with all the chronic crap but doing pretty good for an older gal. They can't keep me down. I am looking for another part time job as a nurse somewhere. I threaten to go apply as a Walmart greeter, which I think I might be able to do that. This living on social security doesn't go far enough but at least I have that. More than others might.

I hope you all have a beautiful spring. This is my favorite time of year. Not too hot yet and not so cold (most of the time), and all of nature is coming back to life.
Blessings to all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mykygal For This Useful Post:
patchouli (04-07-2019), sass4221 (04-05-2019)
Old 04-07-2019, 08:04 PM
DANA'S HOME

Good Evening All
well everything is good and quiet right now in my life so that's a good thing...me and Dana aren't speaking as well as me n my daughter in Canada...oh yea Dana moved back to Canada and took some young girl with her and now she has a warrant for custodial interference they came to my house looking for her one day and told me they had a warrant so my guess is she wont be crossing the border anytime soon...john is doing much better now got sugar under control and is all healed up.. we decided we were going to do a lot more fishing this year so Shelbyville here we come. hope you all get to get out and enjoy some of this nice weather. ..cant wait for fairs, festivals, and yard sales...lol...hope everyone is doing well...Love from Richmond KY
The Following User Says Thank You to jemison2001 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (04-07-2019)
Old 04-18-2019, 05:30 PM
Everything Falls Apart

Hello! I happened to think of you all earlier and thought I'd pop in and see how everyone is doing. I've been divorced now for almost three years.

My ex still pops up from time to time....usually asking for money. I think I solved that problem though. After the last time of him ringing my phone off the hook and texting me like crazy his current lady contacted me after she saw my name on his phone. I just politely asked her to tell him to stop contacting me. No calls or texts since then.

In the past year I have received 2 promotions at work. I now manage teams at 8 hospitals across the state so I am traveling a lot. I'm still living with my parents. Mom is fighting lung cancer again and recently started chemo. So I'm able to help them around the house and they take care of my dog while I'm traveling for work. I hope to move to Lexington in the next few months to be able to be more centrally located for my job.

Overall the single life is much more peaceful than the life I had before!
The Following User Says Thank You to kywife2013 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (04-18-2019)