Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Remembering Those That Passed While In Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Remembering Those That Passed While In Prison This forum is for all those - family, friends, spouses, wives, husbands, significant others, brothers, sisters, parents, and children - who lost a loved one or friend while incarcerated.

Old 07-04-2016, 11:36 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,287 Times in 1,263 Posts
Default The Fourth is my favorite

Finally a holiday all about freedom and independence. Hubby got his didn't he? So glad for him. I am cutting out the squares for his quilt today and I am getting our wedding picture put on cloth so I can add it to his quilt.
Happy Fourth everyone!

"
There is no question that in virtually all circumstances in which people are doing things in order to get rewards, extrinsic tangible rewards undermine intrinsic motivation." the New Scientist (12th April 2011, pp 40-43)

" Every life you touch, every fear or pain you ease, every loved ones' heart that you ease the burden from is the reason you are here."
The Following User Says Thank You to jadah For This Useful Post:
4orSmilez (07-05-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2016, 03:59 PM

PTO Moderator 

I am cleaning out more of the things he had sent to me while he was locked up and boy did he try.I found paintings he had paid for of a Van Gough, Reubens, Renoir...for me because he knew I'd studied and loved Art History. Then of course I found the sketches and paintings he had done of his favorite dogs, and of my Grandfather...As much as I gave him, he tried so hard to give back.... What a man!

"
There is no question that in virtually all circumstances in which people are doing things in order to get rewards, extrinsic tangible rewards undermine intrinsic motivation." the New Scientist (12th April 2011, pp 40-43)

" Every life you touch, every fear or pain you ease, every loved ones' heart that you ease the burden from is the reason you are here."
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jadah For This Useful Post:
4orSmilez (07-05-2016), GingerM (07-05-2016), sass4221 (07-05-2016)
Old 07-05-2016, 05:56 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,352 Times in 2,580 Posts

I'm glad to hear that you're able to celebrate how much he did with such limited means while he was inside. It doesn't do to dwell only on loss. Yes, there was loss, but it sounds like he gave you as much as he possibly could have too.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
jadah (07-05-2016)
Old 07-05-2016, 08:38 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Thanked 1,279 Times in 791 Posts

God Bless you Jadah.

I don't know you, but part of me feels like I do through your posts. I feel the love, compassion and passion for your beloved.. You were both blessed to have one another ❤️.

He is with you YOU through every heartbeat, he is you angel 👼🏻.

Sending you a BIG hug from SoCal. ((( )))
jadah (07-05-2016)
Old 07-05-2016, 06:43 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thank you so much.

"

Old 07-11-2016, 04:39 PM
tired

Thanked 14,167 Times in 3,687 Posts

It probably sounds crazy but I thought of you and many others as I watched the fireworks go off where I let Joe go. The 4th of July was such a sad day for me as I remembered the angels took him from me that morning a few years ago.
I know it's still fresh to you but you seem to be handling and accepting it well. It's hard as we go on without them but it sure beats the missing them because they're locked up...or it is for me.
I just wanted to say 'hi'. Have a good summer.
Old 07-12-2016, 05:51 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,352 Times in 2,580 Posts

I found the same thing, bumblebee. It's easier to deal with the grief than to deal with missing him because he's locked up. It seems all kinds of wrong, but there it is.

Jadah, I hope you're still hanging in there. The first 6 months are the worst. I think that's how long it took me to stop thinking about what clothes I was wearing on Saturdays (in Oregon, you can't wear anything blue at visitation). I'm still settling his estate, so he hasn't left me entirely.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
bumblebee37 (07-12-2016)
Old 07-12-2016, 06:05 PM

PTO Moderator 

I think you are right. THE GRIND of WHAT IF wears you down...like I never realized how far down I had gotten. All I wanted was to make it til tomorrow. I have shocked myself at how down I was when I realize it.
In the meantime, I just got a July 4th holiday post card from our realtor who sold us our dream property where we were going to move to once he got out. It usually has both our names on it, but this one has only his. The slogan has "Freedom" on it. Somehow, I think he has a big grin on his face for that one.

"

Last edited by jadah; 07-12-2016 at 06:08 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jadah For This Useful Post:
bumblebee37 (07-12-2016), fbopnomore (07-13-2016), GingerM (07-13-2016)