Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California: County & City Jail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California: County & City Jail Discussions Topics & Discussions relating to County & City Jails in California.

Old 02-08-2015, 02:41 AM

Default Please help,current precentage in county?

Here's my story if anyone has any insight on how much time I'll do please help.

Charged with transportation of hydrocodone. Felony offense, First time I ever have been in real trouble. Arrested on 11/01/2015 bailed on 11/06/2015
saw my public defender first court appearance and she got me two years probation two hundred hours community service, I replied I wish to seak council with my lawyer.first court appearance with my lawyer the first charges I was given doubled. My lawyer said lets come back and see what we get next time. Second appearance with my lawyer there the DA and judge threw at me 270 days county and told my lawyer if you come back again well throw 900 days at you. He took me out of the court room and told me you should think about it.pretty much insisted take the no contest and 270 in county. I was in shock on 900 days so I without even really thinking went back in there and took the no contest in fear I would be away from my son and wife. I turn myself in 2/27/2015 8:30 am in court. Ive been to the glass house LAPD holding house,IRC under twin towers. Was seen by medical and told I was approved for medical pods. As I was being herded to the medical pods my name rang out on the intercom a sherrif yelled my name and said come to front desk to be released on bail. I don't know what is past the IRC doors to the rest of the jail.

Thanks for anyone's time to read my story,sorry for poor typing skills.
Hope you all the best in this county of Los angeles.

Also a few questions if anyone can answer please PM me or reply.

1.what are the medical pods like?
2.im white will i be ok in Los Angeles county jail system?
3.i have heart issues will they throw me in general population with the wolves after medical says goodbye?
4.i have no prior record and this is a non violent felony, how much time will I serve on 270 days?

Eric
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2015, 10:05 AM

California is doing 50% right now due to the re-alignment, as long as it is not a violent crime. You will also get credit for time spent in jail before getting bailed out. So, if you spent 4 days in jail, they will give you 8 actual days credit.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:17 AM

Default Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply. Any current info on the LA county jail system is appreciated. So many people aren't on here like they used to be it looks like.

Eric