Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Texas Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:40 PM

Default I give up! Another Phone Problem..TX Phone Issues

I don't know if I am going to have an issue every month or what, but I know I'm getting real tired of messing with these Correctional Service Billing people.....I called them to see when the last attempted call was from the Coffield Unit.....they said at 8am this morning.....I said 'well, there must be another problem because my phone did not ring'.....he tried to give me the whole run-around 'well, madam do you have any features on the line blah blah blah'.....I said 'NO, and that wouldn't be a problem even if I did'. Well, he finally said 'you already used your 120min. for this month thats why the calls are not coming through' I told him the State raised it to 240min. a month, he said they didn't, then he said 'well, if they did raise the minutes then they didn't at the Coffield Unit as of yet'. I am getting sooo tired of these people.
Question(s):
Does anyone have the number to the lady in Huntsville that helps with phone problems? (I believe her name is Linda, very friendly)
Since the State decided to go up on our monthly minutes, wouldn't it have gone in effect for all Units at the same time? I wouldn't think someone would have to go to each Unit to make it active, surely something can be done over the computer to make it active.
Does anyone else have a loved one at Coffield that your calls are or are not coming through? If the calls are not coming through, did you already use the 120min.?

I guess anyone please tell me anything...I am looking for some number to 'Offender Phone Dept.' in Huntsville so I can call them in the morning.

Thanks everyone!
Old 01-07-2010, 06:29 PM
1 Day at a Time

Thanked 1,880 Times in 1,032 Posts

Actually, I think it is controlled by software at each unit ... and a human has to make the adjustment ... it's the same software they use to 'block' calls when they are on phone restriction, I'm guessing.

You might want to call Coffield and ask who handles that, and nicely ask when they expect to make the adjustment. I wouldn't speak to just anyone who answers the phone, either ...
Old 01-07-2010, 06:39 PM

when did they go up on the allowed minutes? I didn't know that, last month we were cut off at 120 and yes, he is at Coffield. I am sorry you are having problems!!!! Don't stress, it won't help .

Old 01-07-2010, 06:47 PM

yes, they went up on minutes to 240 a month - 16 calls a month.

Its posted on here some where and its on the TDCJ website.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:18 AM
Pink*Lady

Here is a link that I had started awhile back with information on when you have phone issues..Hope this helps!!!

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=451728

"Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts"