Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Fairy Fed Mother

Thanked 3,227 Times in 1,394 Posts

RDAP is a drug program.

GO BULLS!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Fairy Fed Mother

Thanked 3,227 Times in 1,394 Posts

CampGuru...how much time did you get off with RDAP?

GO BULLS!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 08:12 PM
I luv my brother

Residential drug abuse program
Old 09-15-2010, 01:59 PM
*~faithfully waiting~*

Default FCI Cumberland

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about FCI Cumberland. I just found out a good friend of mine got locked up again and he's doing a 2 year bid there. I don't know ANYTHING about that facility. Any info on how phone calls, mail, visiting etc. works there would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-17-2010, 02:03 PM
Always Doin' My Best

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 1,937 Times in 1,168 Posts

FCI Cumberland is a federal facility. You will probably get a better answer in PTO Fed forum or BOP page.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:53 AM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 18,160 Times in 7,204 Posts

I've moved this here to the Federal forums where I hope you will get better response.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:34 PM

Question Cumberland Low Security

Am looking for any info about camp at Cumberland in Maryland. I am supposed to report there for the next 2 years and was wondering what it's like.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:04 PM

Default Does anyone have a loved one incarcerated in cumberland Federal Prison?

My husband is in federal prison and He is getting moved to cumberland correctional facility in maryland Does anyone knows if there is bus or van services that go up there from New york?(going out of my mind)
Old 10-24-2010, 05:36 PM

Default Anyone know of bus services from NY to Cumberland Correctional Facility?

My husband is in MDC Brooklyn and has been incarcerated for a year and a month but they are going to move him to Cumberland Correctional Facility. Does anyone know if there is a bus service or van service in new york that goes to cumberland correctional facility.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:05 PM

My husband is going to cumberland as well and I was wondering are there any bus services that go there from new york. My husband has to do 6 years.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:35 PM

Smile Just Got done with time at Cumberland. Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie_honey View Post
Am looking for any info about camp at Cumberland in Maryland. I am supposed to report there for the next 2 years and was wondering what it's like.
I can and will answer any questions that you may have about Cumberland Camp.

First of all the facility is a medium and a support camp. The camp is about 300 or so males. Its set up in 2 units. The general unit is for anyone that isn't in the RDAP program. And "G" or general unit has about 175 or 200 guys in it. Its set up in 4 "wings" (in other spots these are called Ranges but not here). Each wing has 8 cubes in it.

The cube is your home. Its where you have your bed and locker. I figured it up to be about 29 square foot of space. You share the cube with up to 6 other guys. It can make for tight living. Some time personalities just don't mesh, but you can get a move if there is open beds. Just keep an eye on who is leaving or going to the program unit.

"P" or Program unit is a little better because there are 5 man cubes there. It gives you a bit more room to live but it is still not home. I went thru the drug program and spent my last 14 months in "P" unit. As it goes I would rather be in P than G unit.

Thats the basics. Let me know if you find this a help and I'll let you know anything that you want to know. That goes for anyone that is instresed in finding out what the place is like. Just post back here wiht your questions.

By the way to the Mods and Admins of Prison Talk. I would like to thank you for helping me and my family when I was scared SH**less as my report date approched back a yew years ago. This is the only place that you are going to find out the "skinny" on what its like to be in prison. Thanks again.

Non illegitimus carborundum
(Donít let the bastards wear you down)
Author Unknown
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oiseau For This Useful Post:
BlkSoldier (01-09-2012), Rysnic8 (10-19-2014)
Old 11-20-2010, 06:29 PM

Default cumberland maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie_honey View Post
Im from cumberland maryland.....dont quite understand your question.....Ive never known a "camp" there......ask me anything
Old 11-20-2010, 08:13 PM

Default Back From Cumberland in 2010

Hi gang!!!

I am just back from Camp Cumberland. So Ask away and I'll try to give you the most up to date info I can.

I am working on taking the detailed post that gladtobeout (thanks guy......you were the post that I looked at when I was on my way in. It helped me alot) and bring it up to date. A few things have changed there and in all fed spots since he posted that. So I hope to have that updated in the next few days.

Untill then I'll be happy to answer anything that I can.

Keep you head up. It gets better. I was told the day that I was booked by a very knowledgeable and (strange but true) helpful U.S. Marshal " Today looks like the worse day of your life right now, but if this day is the worse then every day from now on will be better" And its true.

Non illegitimus carborundum
(Donít let the bastards wear you down)
Author Unknown
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oiseau For This Useful Post:
Rysnic8 (10-19-2014), T Ross (02-27-2012)
Old 12-21-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiseau View Post
Hi gang!!!

I am just back from Camp Cumberland. So Ask away and I'll try to give you the most up to date info I can.

I am working on taking the detailed post that gladtobeout (thanks guy......you were the post that I looked at when I was on my way in. It helped me alot) and bring it up to date. A few things have changed there and in all fed spots since he posted that. So I hope to have that updated in the next few days.

Untill then I'll be happy to answer anything that I can.

Keep you head up. It gets better. I was told the day that I was booked by a very knowledgeable and (strange but true) helpful U.S. Marshal " Today looks like the worse day of your life right now, but if this day is the worse then every day from now on will be better" And its true.

hello my bf will be will be eligible for a camp in may. and cumberland is one of the camps i have asked him to put in for. can you tell me how the visits are and how long? are there hotels near the prison? how much money can you take in? how is the parking? can we hold hands and sit beside each other?when i think of others i will let you know

finally words that i dont have to hear: you have a pre-paid call from, sit right here, you can't touch her like that, in 30 mins visitation is over
Old 12-23-2010, 09:05 PM

Question Cumberland Medium

Can anyone give me any info on Cumberland Medium? My son just got designated and I don't know anything much about it. Any info would be helpful.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:15 PM

Default Congrats on getting out!

How close are you to updating the Cumberland information? I must SS on February 18th and would love to read your information.

Thanks.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,378 Times in 4,637 Posts

January 3, 2011
Magdalene House a home away from home for visitors of federal inmates
Michael A. Sawyers
Cumberland Times-News

— CUMBERLAND — With an average of 16 people a weekend for five years, the Magdalene House has provided more than 4,000 comfortable and free nights for those who visit inmates at the Federal Correctional Institution.

“And there have been many nights when we have had 14 visitors. That’s as many as the fire marshal allows,” said the Rev. John Martin of Holy Cross Episcopal Church.

The residence at 206 Columbia St. is owned by the Emmanuel Episcopal Church on Washington Street. As a lay minister there in 2004, Martin traveled to a similar hostelry at the federal jail at Alderson, W.Va., and has modeled the Magdalene House after that home.

Link to rest of article:
http://times-news.com/local/x1939353...ederal-inmates
Old 01-13-2011, 08:29 AM

Post FCI Cumberland anyone??!!

Just wondering if anyone has a loved one at FCI Cumberland. My son is there and thought it would be nice to talk to people in the same boat.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:20 PM

my boyfriend is there until july 2013.
The Following User Says Thank You to BH4life For This Useful Post:
cookiealbright (01-17-2011)
Old 01-18-2011, 08:40 PM

My fiance is there as well...speaking of which have you guys heard from your loved ones? I haven't heard from him since Friday and I'm assuming they are locked down again, it seems to be a monthly occurence there lately
Old 01-18-2011, 08:59 PM

i haven't heard from him in 4 days..yepp, friday.i've been soo worried ! but now that you say that, it kinda makes sense..thanks for postin that!

do you kno why they've been havin lockdowns, and can they still recieve mail while in lockdown?

Last edited by BH4life; 01-18-2011 at 09:43 PM..
Old 01-19-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH4life View Post
i haven't heard from him in 4 days..yepp, friday.i've been soo worried ! but now that you say that, it kinda makes sense..thanks for postin that!

do you kno why they've been havin lockdowns, and can they still recieve mail while in lockdown?
yes, they still get mail, but they can't email or call. My son usually emails before they get locked down but I didn't get anything. Mabe he didn't have time.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiealbright View Post
yes, they still get mail, but they can't email or call. My son usually emails before they get locked down but I didn't get anything. Mabe he didn't have time.
that's what i figured.and probably not.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:30 PM

[
i have not heard from mine since Friday either, i have called but no answer have you heard anything... thanks for your information

quote=portugesa;5904044]My fiance is there as well...speaking of which have you guys heard from your loved ones? I haven't heard from him since Friday and I'm assuming they are locked down again, it seems to be a monthly occurence there lately[/quote]
Old 01-19-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariemata View Post
[
i have not heard from mine since Friday either, i have called but no answer have you heard anything... thanks for your information

quote=portugesa;5904044]My fiance is there as well...speaking of which have you guys heard from your loved ones? I haven't heard from him since Friday and I'm assuming they are locked down again, it seems to be a monthly occurence there lately
[/quote]

All is good BH4Life heard from her boyfriend today!