Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 04-16-2017, 06:46 AM

Default Need Updates This Week (Marion USP)

Folks, I have a trip planned this coming weekend (400 miles one way) to visit my best friend at Marion USP. When he called last night he told me I should call the prison, on Friday, to make sure they haven't been put on lockdown (I guess there have been some incidents that make him think they might be).

I'm asking for help from anyone who has a LO at Marion. If you hear ANYTHING please post something, ok? I will call them Friday but really don't want to make the trip (rental car, hotel room, etc.) only to find out I can't see him! I've heard horror stories about people trying to get info, on the phone, and not finding out anything.

I, jokingly, told my friend to spread the word that I would be totally pissed off at anyone who ruins our visit LOL!

Thanks, in advance, for any/all help!
Bryanna814 (04-16-2017), fbopnomore (04-16-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2017, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,623 Times in 11,025 Posts

Your easiest infomation-gathering can be done by calling the prison. They will tell you if they're on lockdown.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:47 AM
Mischief Makin' Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,516 Posts

Hi John... I just wanted to give you a heads up about the weather... We are expecting rain all stinking weekend. Bleck. Also, I don't know if you go into Marion when you visit, but there are some new restaurants open.

The Following User Says Thank You to IzzyLouWho For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-17-2017)
Old 04-17-2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmazingMrsB View Post
Hi John... I just wanted to give you a heads up about the weather... We are expecting rain all stinking weekend. Bleck. Also, I don't know if you go into Marion when you visit, but there are some new restaurants open.
I always stay in Marion when I'm there to visit. I am planning on calling the prison, Friday morning, before I leave here. Just hoping someone else, who has a LO there, might keep me posted if they hear anything.

MrsB, what restaurants have opened? I was there in mid-February.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:01 PM
Mischief Makin' Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,516 Posts

Culvers and Ihop have opened... Not sure if they opened in March or Feb... Those were the new ones the last time I was up there... It looked like they we're breaking ground on something new in that area, as well. (Around the ball park)

The Following User Says Thank You to IzzyLouWho For This Useful Post:
John M (04-17-2017)