Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:02 PM

yeah

they just got out of lockdown today, so i'm sure you will be hearing from them soon.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:18 PM

did you hear from your today i have not heard anything yet..thanks
Old 01-19-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariemata View Post
did you hear from your today i have not heard anything yet..thanks

yeah, i did earlier today..you should hear from em soon.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH4life View Post
yeah, i did earlier today..you should hear from em soon.
okay thanks i didn't maybe tomorrow thanks. yours is at the FCI med @cumberland right? just making sure thanks
Old 01-19-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
okay thanks i didn't maybe tomorrow thanks. yours is at the FCI med @cumberland right? just making sure thanks

no problem, and yeah that's where he is. i'd say the line for the phone was probably long.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH4life View Post
no problem, and yeah that's where he is. i'd say the line for the phone was probably long.
okay thanks for your help and patience .....
Old 01-19-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
okay thanks for your help and patience .....
did you get any emails i have not received any yet again thanks for your patience. im new to all this so its a little stressful on me...
Old 01-19-2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
did you get any emails i have not received any yet again thanks for your patience. im new to all this so its a little stressful on me...

np, don't worry about it.i haven't got any new emails either, he told me he was gonna send one but i never got one.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:59 AM

Default Cumberland Family

Hi all, I haven't seen any new posts here latley and was just checking in to see if you all were ok. Has anyone been to visit their loved one at Cumberland yet? I haven't been there yet because the weather is too unpredictable where I live. I will probably be trying to visit in early April.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:29 AM

Any new news about Cumberland? I'm trying to go visit on Saturday anything I should know?

Old 04-05-2011, 03:40 PM

my bb's sister told me to try not to wear anything metal on it cos their detectors are sensitive, she said she couldn't even wear a bra with underwiring in it..but idk if that's true or not..did you not get a paper in the mail? idk how everything works there either tho, and would like to know myself.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:53 PM

do any of you still have a loved one in fci cumberland?
Old 04-07-2011, 07:30 AM

Yeah, the underwire bra thing is true. I have never received anything in the mail about anything. I have gone to the BOP website, but every prison is different. I'll be able to tell you more after Saturday.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:08 PM

Default FCI Cumberland lockdown??

My bf is currently in fci Cumberland I normally receive several emails a day from him but haven't heard from him at all. Neither have his friends. Does anyone know if they are on lockdown. I hope he is not in trouble he has 44 days left. Any info will be appreciated. Ty
Old 09-06-2011, 02:28 AM

Default Air conditioning gym

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladtobeout View Post
i was just released from there...it is not that bad...its a minimum security place...the best it gets at the fed level...the food is all processed i spent most of my time eating salads which helped me lose 25lbs...you have plenty of time to work out which also helped me get in shape...it is a working camp so you will be required to get a job there or they will give you one...you work from 7-3 usually...breakfast is at 6am lunch is around 11 and dinner around 4:30...commissary is on monday and tuesday depending if you are in the general or program until...cumberland has a drug treatment program which alot of the inmates there are either already in or waiting to get into the program...i hear they are going to turn the whole place into a program camp soon...visitation is on sat sun from 8-3 and monday and friday from 4:30-8...youll be issued a 3 green uniform sets and five pairs of boxers and undershirts...more can be purchased through commissary...the sleeping arrangements are pretty cramped...there are 2 2 story buildings which are each divided into four wings...on each wing there are 8 cubes...4 cubes on each side about 15ftx15ft i would say...rough estimate...in each cube there are 3 sets of bunk beds...along with 6 lockers...you will probably have a top bunk since people who have been there longer get the choice of where they want to sleep...all you blankets and sheets should be given to you when you get there...make sure you ask the correctional officer for a pillow...i didnt get one until my 4th day there...the showers are dorm style with 4 stand up showers with shower curtains...each wing has their own set of showers...on each wing there is also two toilets with doors that do lock just like any mcdonalds rest room...there are also two urinals and 4 sinks...each unit also has 2 washers and 2 dryers along with 2 microwaves so you can warm up some food that you get from commissary...they also take laundry bags everyday around 11am right after lunch and you can get them back the next day usually except on the weekends...their are inmate counts a few times a day monday through friday roughly at midnight, 3am, 4pm, 9pm saturday and sunday midnight 3am 10am 4pm and 9pm...the 10am and all the 4pm counts are stand up counts so you must be awake and standing when the officers come around to count you...m-f from after dinner around 4:30 to 8pm you have free time to do whatever you want...they have classes you can take including: Music, business, educational programs, cdl license, etc. Also they have a gym with exercise equipment, all cardio stuff though, there are no weights...they have 2 pullup/dip bars outside and a softball field with a gravel track around it that you can walk on...5 laps=1 mile...the cafeteria is basically set up like highschool you stand in line they serve you an entree and you have a few choices off of the salad and side bar which is set up buffet style...they usually have tea, milk, water, or koolaid to drink...you have to be in your unit at 8pm and you arent allowed outside again until the next day...lights out is usually around 11 depending on the wing...each wing has one tv room that gets cable tv channels...usually its pretty busy in their so if you are new there you probably wont have any choice as to what youll get to watch, most nights sports are on...whatever is in season...nba...nfl...college football and basketball atleast...other then that its usually on bet music videos...a few times a week they broadcast a movie on the closed circuit tv channel and you most of the time you can find them on atleast a few of the tvs throughout the unit...sleeping can be tough if you are a light sleeper because you can hear everyone snoring talking playing cards or using the bathroom...the cubes as i mentioned dont have walls that close each cube off from another...those walls are about 8 feet tall but from the top bunk you can see overtop of the wall into the next cube so sound travels pretty well...each wing also has a waterfountain and there is an ice machine in each unit...their are also vending machines on the compound that you can use with your inmate id card which you can put money on at the commissary...there is a barbershop and a library...you are allowed 300minutes on the phone a month and can only talk for 15 minutes at a time...you can only use the phone on weekdays before 7am and after 4:30pm...their are 12 payphones that you can use in each unit...uniforms must be worn at all times between 7-3...unless you are working out during those times...you can go to breakfast and dinner in shorts or sweats and a tshirt or sweatshirt if you purchase them from commissary or if someone in there gives you one of their old ones which is rare...most of the inmates are in there for drugs or white collar crimes...while i was there there were no fights or sexual abuse so if you saw anything on tv that worried dont let it get to you...cumberland along with all federal prison camps are nothing like the prisons you see on tv or movies...just try and be respectful of other inmates and youll have nothing to worry about but dont let them try and intimidate you or scare you...im being pretty random with this whole thing so if anyone needs any clarity just let me know and i can clarify or answer any other questions you might have but i think that gives you a pretty good idea of what to expect there...i self surrendered so if you would like more information on that process just ask...take care and goodluck...time will fly once you get into a routine

hi do they have air conditioning in camp and how is gym?thanks
Old 09-06-2011, 02:28 AM

Hi do they have air conditioning and how is gym treadmills ?do they work
Old 09-16-2011, 12:13 PM

I need help to find out the following:

Does TruLinks remove an inmate from their email system if they do not use it for a certain amount of time?

Do they have pool tables?
Old 08-18-2012, 03:22 AM

Thank you for all the info...hopefully not much has changed in the last few years since mlo was just designated there.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:24 PM

Yep, Cumberland is air-conditioned (both the FCI and the camp). I think everything but the gym is air-conditioned.

Yes they have pool tables too. The camp has a pool hall with two tables, and at the FCI I think there are more.

I was at the camp for about a year. Pretty nice place. Good food; officers were friendly; I enjoyed walking & exercising outside. Made a few friends there too, and I still keep in touch with them.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:25 PM

Default FCI Cumberland

Does anyone know if there are buses that leave from NYC to FCI Cumberland? Also how are the visits?
Old 08-09-2013, 10:34 AM

y hubby is there as well- i am new to the site
Old 08-09-2013, 10:35 AM

I am new to the site but my baby is there and I live in Philadephia- we can link up because i am going to see my baby every other weekend
Old 08-09-2013, 11:16 AM
At Last!

Aww you are lucky my man was just moved there about a week and half ago but I'm 34 hours away ;( I won't be seeing him anytime soon.

I love you baby! You and I til the End of our time....

Psalm 46:1 “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”
Old 02-05-2014, 12:46 PM

Default hi my LO is in cumberland & im from Allentown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy2380 View Post
I am new to the site but my baby is there and I live in Philadephia- we can link up because i am going to see my baby every other weekend
Have you been to see your loved one recently?
Old 02-09-2014, 12:14 AM

Default Fbop visits Cumberland

I been there and first time in a prison. I was scared but no reason.Very clean,staff friendly or not mean. Visiting room is large ,you can hold hands . Its a long walk from the front to the visiting room.Plus barb wires freak me out. But way less :TV prison than I expected