Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Criminal Immigration Issues
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Criminal Immigration Issues Dealing with INS and other related issues.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:05 AM
Praying,Hoping & Waiting

Default Does any one know the average deportation process?

My husband is from Mexico. He is currently at a county jail waiting to be picked up by ICE. How long will it take for him to get deported to his Home country. From the day he arrives at the detention center how long will it be until he sees a judge and until he gets on a plane or bus to Mexico. He does not want to fight deportation he just wants to go back and never come back!!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2010, 11:28 AM

It's the U.S. government-they tend to drag their feet on everything-it's a wonder this country functions at all.Don't count on anything happening in a timely manner...good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to idahotexas For This Useful Post:
aztecp23 (10-22-2010)
Old 10-22-2010, 02:23 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,747 Times in 1,768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahotexas View Post
It's the U.S. government-they tend to drag their feet on everything-it's a wonder this country functions at all.Don't count on anything happening in a timely manner...good luck.
Exactly...my man has been sitting in detention since August just waiting to be sentenced for the Re-Entry. Then after his sentence is up, who knows how long he will have to wait to catch the plane.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:29 PM

I'm not trying to be smart, but if he is in such a hurry to go back why did he come in the first place?
Old 10-23-2010, 08:41 AM
Praying,Hoping & Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfoundland View Post
I'm not trying to be smart, but if he is in such a hurry to go back why did he come in the first place?
Well we tried to do everything legally by applying for his visa but unfortunately he came when he was 16 illegally and then went back after his father died and came back illegally. When I married him he had came in illegally twice, but never got caught, when we applied for his visa and went back to mexico it was denied but we already had a family 2 lil girls and he had a good job so thats why he decided to come back but now that he is detained by INS which he has never been he just wants to back to Mexico and hopefully does not get charged with illegal reentry. Thats how our government works, it does not matter if your wife and kids are american citizens, if you pay your taxes and if you have no criminal background I guess coming in illegally was his big mistake. But now we have to pay the price and move to Mexico. We have a family a 2 and a 3 year old girl that need and miss their dad!! Thats the hurry!
Old 10-25-2010, 07:36 PM

Sorry, its always heart breaking when you have family. My husband spent 3 weeks here in CA waiting to see the judge. He was deported the next day. The second time it was released picked up and deported all in one day. He was lucky he got no re entry time. I thank god for that as he would have died in prison instead of at home with us.

The Following User Says Thank You to zunigan For This Useful Post:
aztecp23 (10-26-2010)
Old 10-26-2010, 07:53 AM
Praying,Hoping & Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunigan View Post
Sorry, its always heart breaking when you have family. My husband spent 3 weeks here in CA waiting to see the judge. He was deported the next day. The second time it was released picked up and deported all in one day. He was lucky he got no re entry time. I thank god for that as he would have died in prison instead of at home with us.
I'm sorry about your loss! My husband was picked up by ICE yesterday right before the 48 hours were up. He said when he arrived at the detention center the officer asked him if he wanted to fight the case or just get deported. My husband knows there is no point in fighting his case so they just made him sign some papers Im guessing giving up his rights to see a judge. Well I know it might be a few weeks before he gets sent back because this would be his first time actually getting deported. I don't know if it helps that I have his Mexican passport. Well they told him today he would be seeing his deportation officer so hopefully he answers all his questions.I was thinking if he was getting charged with re-entry they would not have given the option of not seeing the judge and would have told him his charges.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:24 AM
forever his

Thanked 2,180 Times in 1,199 Posts

it does not sound like he will be charged with re-entry. they will most likely give him a VD (voluntary deportation) with a ban of 10, 20, or life to come into the US.

Property of Negrete!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to negretelove For This Useful Post:
aztecp23 (10-26-2010)
Old 10-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Praying,Hoping & Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by negretelove View Post
it does not sound like he will be charged with re-entry. they will most likely give him a VD (voluntary deportation) with a ban of 10, 20, or life to come into the US.
I know, I'm praying to god he just gets sent back and no fed time for the re-entry. We just want to be a family again and forget about all this! I will keep you ladies posted on what happens.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztecp23 View Post
I know, I'm praying to god he just gets sent back and no fed time for the re-entry. We just want to be a family again and forget about all this! I will keep you ladies posted on what happens.
If he was being charged with reentry, he would have been interviewed by an ICE investigator, and ICE would have taken him to the Marshals lockup by now.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:52 PM

I have a question
My bf was deported last year an came back..
He is now in county an waiting for his court date..
He has old domestic violence charges an restrining order violation an owes child support.
He's considered a felon
Can some one give me sum info on what too expect???
Plz.. An thanks!
Old 12-02-2010, 09:32 PM
bonnienclyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfoundland View Post

You said that "you are not trying to be smart".... Then are you sincerely concerned or do you really want a sincere answer to that?
Old 12-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Mexican at heart.

My boyfriend is currently being held in Kern County Jail on an immigration hold also. He's been there for a week waiting to go before the judge. Funny thing is they say he's not booked in but he's there...calling me everyday so I know for sure that's where he is. He already got sentenced and served his time but immigration had that hold on him so they picked him up. He also isn't going to fight for his papers...we are going to move to Tijuana. Just thought I'd share my story a little here where you all can relate...hang in there everyone...they can't keep him forever, right? I miss him so...
flilly13 (12-14-2010)
Old 12-11-2010, 05:17 PM

My husband is in for aggravated DUI. He has a greencard, but they still put a hold on him. He has 14 month to serve in IDOC, and then he will be picked up by ICE (we don't know if they will transfer him directly, or he comes home first, and they take him from there). The most frustrating thing is - we have no idea if they are actually going to deport him or not. He is from Ukraine, came here 12 years old, doesn't know anything about life over there whatsoever. So I guess we just have to wait. If only we could know what to wait for....
Old 12-14-2010, 03:40 PM
bonnienclyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane93635 View Post
My boyfriend is currently being held in Kern County Jail on an immigration hold also. He's been there for a week waiting to go before the judge. Funny thing is they say he's not booked in but he's there...calling me everyday so I know for sure that's where he is. He already got sentenced and served his time but immigration had that hold on him so they picked him up. He also isn't going to fight for his papers...we are going to move to Tijuana. Just thought I'd share my story a little here where you all can relate...hang in there everyone...they can't keep him forever, right? I miss him so...
Hi Diana,
sorry to hear about ur situation but i swear to you TIJUANA is not the end of the world=) I am hear already and one of the girls from this site just moved down here.. let me know if you need any help or advice and we will do all we can!