Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 11-19-2004, 11:55 AM

Talking Letters being returned From AZ prison

Hello all,
I have been writting my brother inlaw that is in Prison in Florence. I keep getting my letters return for BS reason . Has anyone else had this happen. He loves to hear from us, or everyone to say the least. Its not like I'm writting dirty letters or anything, Its family.

Any advice.

Thanks
Kim
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2004, 12:05 PM
Account Closed

I have a pen pal in Florence and we've been having a heck of a time with our mail. Not so much that it gets returned but that he never gets it at all He is also missing quite a bit of mail from his family. I have seen a few other posts complaining about arizona inmate's mail....so you aren't alone !!!
Old 11-19-2004, 05:19 PM
Account Closed

I also have a pal in Florence and due to his circumstances, I am careful what I say. I think I've gotten all his mail. Maybe I should ask him to number them or make sure he notes the date. I have 2 pals from Lewis and one at Newton and occasionally their mail gets held for a week or two.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:46 AM
Account Closed

I can only hope to offer you a few ideas on why inmates aren't getting mail or why it might be returned. My friend at SMU says that I should always just put his inmate number and not his cell and bed number on the envelope as prisoners are often moved to different cells and their mail is many times delayed in being re-routed or is just plain returned to the sender. When mail get's returned to you, I've been advised the only way you know they are being picky/jerks in the mail room is if they stamp something on your correspondence that tells you why you got it back. If they aren't doing that and are just sending it back, it may mean he's been moved within the prison and they just don't want to track him down. Also, on my friend's outgoing mail, he places tracking numbers based on a system he created, so as to better insure the mail he sends out get's where it's going. I thought that was a good idea. Anyway, just some thoughts on what might be happening. Hope things work out and your mail makes it through!

Jennifer

Last edited by TanCam1360; 11-23-2004 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: Nothing written
Old 11-24-2004, 12:41 AM
~Loving MyGuy~

I guess I've been really fortunate. I've not had anything sent back to me .. one time they did alter a document I sent ... I don't remember if they blacked it out, or cut it out .. but hell I couldn't even remember what in the world I might have said ... to make them do that .. but ... anyway .. I've been lucky and never had anything returned ... BUT ...

We do know that there are letters "missing" .. just flat missing from our correspondence ... both coming and going ... he'll get a letter from me .. .which is completely out of left field for him because he's not gotten the one prior ... and he's asked me before .. "you never said if your sister said ok or not" ???? and of course I had NO CLUE wtf he was talking about ...

Soo .. they do "play" their games with our correspondence ... anything to keep the head games going .. and make our men miserable.

:love: Loving MyGuy :love:

Old 11-24-2004, 11:01 AM
Northstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingMyGuy
I guess I've been really fortunate. I've not had anything sent back to me .. one time they did alter a document I sent ... I don't remember if they blacked it out, or cut it out .. but hell I couldn't even remember what in the world I might have said ... to make them do that .. but ... anyway .. I've been lucky and never had anything returned ... BUT ...

We do know that there are letters "missing" .. just flat missing from our correspondence ... both coming and going ... he'll get a letter from me .. .which is completely out of left field for him because he's not gotten the one prior ... and he's asked me before .. "you never said if your sister said ok or not" ???? and of course I had NO CLUE wtf he was talking about ...

Soo .. they do "play" their games with our correspondence ... anything to keep the head games going .. and make our men miserable.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:49 AM

I can relate to what you have said about the mail. Im a co at Florence and sometimes the mail will stack up on me, that it takes me an hour to sort it out. I know for one reason is that the mail room is short staff, and another reason is, if there is a hoilday on a monday,thay wont sort out the mail because thay know that thay don't have to work on monday. On friday the 18th, I got about 200 letters that I had to sort out, because thay where to lazy. On sat the 19th, I got about no more then 15 letters for my inmates. I think sometimes thay send mail back to people just to play games. I hope you all see where Im coming from.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:26 AM

My friend at Florence had the one he wrote to me sent back to him? Stamped on the front said :Return to Address: his address? I have had the same PO Box for 4yrs now and he read back my PO Box number and everything was correct.
So I am really not sure what went on but he will try again
Old 03-04-2005, 12:35 AM

I have a friend that her letter has been returend five different times now. I am not for sure if they have even given her a reason. Its all crazy. Good luck all on getting your mail through!
Old 03-04-2005, 12:39 PM
Looking Forward Always

My guy was handed 5 pieces of mail that had been put in a co's box and they said to return due to address .. there was nothing wrong with the address and even the co said to him when he gave them to him that he had no idea why he did not get them.. thing is one of the letters was from October.. he got them a week ago
talk about slow mail delivery
Old 09-09-2005, 08:51 PM

at winslow mail delivered daily-evenings. at eyman/rynning it is supposed to be delivered everyother day. this week nothing delivered and when mail delivery he got 3 at once. don't know if mail stacks up, if every piece of mail is read, rules state that mail is scanned/reviewed for special words but not read! so I guess mail depends on rules, moods, shortage of CO's, and how often inhouse postal workers sort and deliver mail! I date and put letter # in corner of my mail to inmate.. that helps keep track of his mail...
Old 09-10-2005, 09:26 AM
Account Closed

Default eyman mail

My pal at Eyman had just told me he missed my letters and I have been faithful in writing him. I didn't realized they only delivered them every other day. That's a shame. He just had a son and daughter-in-law killed by a drunk driver and needs support now.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:36 AM
Account Closed

Also, one thing to remember is that if you enclose any type of article printed off the INTERNET, it cannot be printed off of any website that advocates breaking the law. I.E., one of my pals is a member of an OMG, and when we first started writing I sent him a news article from the 1%'er news. He sent me back a letter saying he didn't know how it got through, because normally things like that are immediately returned, and he explained why. So, if you've sent anything off the web they think falls into that kind of category, they will return your letters. Hope that helps.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:10 AM

I had a letter returned for no reason and my friend also told me that sometimes mail gets sent to the wrong cell and some of the guys will not do the right thing. They decide to write to the women with the crazy idea of stealing them away from their men. Pretty sad.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:27 PM
Account Closed

I know for a fact your mail will get returned if you talk about another inmate on a letter. I also know if you are sending messages via mail from inmate to inmate you will get your mail returned. I have gotten mine returned twice, but it was because I was telling my brother when my husband was coming home.