Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Legal Help
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Legal Help Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Legal Information specific to the State of California. This information is *NOT PROFESSIONAL* and should always be fact-checked!

Old 10-09-2017, 05:27 PM

Default Returned to prison for violating NCO

Hi, Ken ;
Maybe you can help me with this!

Thanks for all your posts. I'm new at all this, My son is in NKSP - Reception. Doing time for Violating restraining order with his ex. Was just admitted on September , and been really bad days for me, I can't sleep just thinking about it, his safety and all that. Does anyone know anything about going on jail for restraining order violations , is it possible to release him sooner? Thanks !
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2017, 05:42 PM
Site Moderator

Thanked 23,976 Times in 8,422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Roduiguez View Post
Hi, Ken ;
Maybe you can help me with this!

Thanks for all your posts. I'm new at all this, My son is in NKSP - Reception. Doing time for Violating restraining order with his ex. Was just admitted on September , and been really bad days for me, I can't sleep just thinking about it, his safety and all that. Does anyone know anything about going on jail for restraining order violations , is it possible to release him sooner? Thanks !
Hi there. I've moved your post to it's own thread.

If he's in reception it means he's been sentenced, but he'll be given a more accurate timeline once he sees a counselor. That can take a while-- sometimes 4-6 months depending on staffing and inmate population.

As far as releasing earlier than his sentence states: there are credit earning options that will allow him to earn time off. Not great gobs, but weeks at a time. Those are earned through classes, group work and participation in employment. Some of that will depend on how CDCR classifies and places him.

I know that you're concerned for him and I can absolutely understand why. I don't know the circumstances by which he violated the order, but it might help you to think of this as a reset button for him. There are folks who need to sit out for a minute and make a new game plan. If he has a support system and makes smart choices inside, he can come out of this with positive changes. The idea of prison can be very scary, the reality of it is very much in his control.

Hang in there, mama.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Mrs. Roduiguez (10-10-2017), nimuay (10-09-2017)
Old 10-10-2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
Hi there. I've moved your post to it's own thread.

If he's in reception it means he's been sentenced, but he'll be given a more accurate timeline once he sees a counselor. That can take a while-- sometimes 4-6 months depending on staffing and inmate population.

As far as releasing earlier than his sentence states: there are credit earning options that will allow him to earn time off. Not great gobs, but weeks at a time. Those are earned through classes, group work and participation in employment. Some of that will depend on how CDCR classifies and places him.

I know that you're concerned for him and I can absolutely understand why. I don't know the circumstances by which he violated the order, but it might help you to think of this as a reset button for him. There are folks who need to sit out for a minute and make a new game plan. If he has a support system and makes smart choices inside, he can come out of this with positive changes. The idea of prison can be very scary, the reality of it is very much in his control.

Hang in there, mama.

Thank you very much for your words! and yes your are right ! God bless you!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs. Roduiguez For This Useful Post:
miamac (10-11-2017)