Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Valley State Prison (VSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Valley State Prison (VSP) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Valley State Prison (VSP), located in Chowchilla, California.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:20 PM

Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default VSP Lockdown Q & A (ONLY)

Anything regarding lockdown info, questions or concerns goes here
The Following User Says Thank You to traviesita For This Useful Post:
jessicaswing (12-21-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2013, 01:44 AM

Does the visits at this prison get affected by LD's? And since the conversion to a men's prison how have the LD's been?
Old 05-27-2013, 08:07 PM

I'm not sure how visits work when there's a lock down since my husband barely got there....but what I can say is that my husband told me that they have no tolerance there for anything...he said that if you get into a fight, they try and ship you to another prison within 48 hours. with a policy like that, i seriously doubt there will be too many LD's. my husband said that everybody there is just trying to do their time and go home.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlainnocence View Post
Does the visits at this prison get affected by LD's? And since the conversion to a men's prison how have the LD's been?
Hasn't been any lockdowns since we have been there.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:39 PM

Do you know if they are on lockdown today? My husband usually calls me twice a day since he's been at vsp and he hasn't called at all today. He is located in C-3. Anyone else have phone calls from that building today?
Old 08-15-2013, 12:45 PM
Account Closed

mine is in C1 and he made numerous calls mid day and after 8pm
Old 12-20-2013, 09:01 PM

Default worried

does anyone know if vsp is on lockdown my husband is in d1 i havent heard from him in 2 days he usually calls everyday
Old 12-20-2013, 11:57 PM

Default Lockdown

After not hearing from my friend for 2 days (he calls every day) I started calling the VSP to find out if he was ok. I tried counselors and medical - nobody seemed to want to answer their phones.
Today I called visiting - stating that I have a visit appointment on Wednesday and I wanted to make sure that he hadn't been transferred and I drive all the way there for nothing.

I was told by the visiting Sgt (Foster) that VSP is on lockdown.

I came here hoping that somebody would have something posted as to what might have happened there.

My friend has been there for a year and this is the first lockdown. I'm pretty sure the Sgt said "the facility is on lockdown" which I take to mean the entire prison, not just a yard. So to me that means that it must have been something pretty big to slam the whole prison.

So while my fears are somewhat eased knowing why I haven't gotten a call, I am still worried that he may have been somehow involved in what ever caused the LD. I am keeping my fingers crossed that he was nowhere near whatever happened - and doing the same for all the rest of you who have loved ones there.

If I hear any more I will post it - and hope others will do the same if they hear anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSTITES12 View Post
does anyone know if vsp is on lockdown my husband is in d1 i havent heard from him in 2 days he usually calls everyday
The Following User Says Thank You to Karren Ann For This Useful Post:
KSTITES12 (12-21-2013)
Old 12-21-2013, 11:27 AM
Praying all are safe :)
Donation Award 

My son is in D3 and I am hoping he calls today! Thanks for posting that they are on LD. And I know what you mean...can't help but think our LO may have been involved. We're visiting tomorrow...hope it's all good.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:45 PM

I'm going to visit tomorrow...i'm hoping someone who visited today posts on what's going on in there. I'm worried also thay my husband could have been involved...hopefully i'm not visiting behind glass
Old 12-21-2013, 04:13 PM

Is valley state on lockdown? I haven't heard from my bf in about 4 days. He usually calls everyday. I'm super concerned
Old 12-21-2013, 08:53 PM

Thanks everyone for posting about a lockdown. I'm concerned as well, haven't heard from my son in 3 days, he was going to call on his birthday, Wed, but NO CALL. He is in D4. If you are able to visit this weekend or hear anything will you let us know. We live 400 miles away (one way) and are not able to visit very often. Valley seems to be pretty good about lockdowns, the last prison he was at they were locked down all the time, due to staff shortage. Thank you, always sleep better when I know he's safe and IN STATE.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:26 PM

I hope if anyone hears anything please let us know. My boyfriend is about 6 hours away. If he was closer I would be driving there tomorrow. It's just so weird because for 6 months to hear from him everyday. The last time I talked to him was Tuesday night about 7:30. Now it's Saturday night and nothing :-( yet. I called and visits are still normal. I'm not sure when they are on lockdown if they still get regular visits. Well hope you hear from your son soon. I hope to talk to my bf before Christmas at least. This sucks. But are they on lockdown? I can't seem to get a clear answer on that
The Following User Says Thank You to jessicaswing For This Useful Post:
the8ofus (12-22-2013)
Old 12-21-2013, 10:46 PM

I visited today and the schedule is normal even with the lockdown. Everyone enjoy your visit tomorrow.

Last edited by ms.garcia.; 12-21-2013 at 10:55 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ms.garcia. For This Useful Post:
jessicaswing (12-21-2013), the8ofus (12-22-2013)
Old 12-21-2013, 10:49 PM

Default Lockdown

I still haven't heard from my friend at VSP - 4 days now and I'm not liking it. And I'm sure he is going crazy stuck in a dorm with 5 other guys (he's used to cell living and LD's were bad enough with 2 of them locked in together )
When I talked to the visiting Sgt yesterday and was told of the LD, she did say as far as she knew all visits would still take place. I sure hope they don't change their minds before Wednesday.
Hopefully somebody who visits this weekend can tell us more of what is going on. And if I hear any more I will post it. (I'm going to Mule Creek tomorrow - the way things are I will probably hear something about VSP while I'm there lol).
the8ofus (12-22-2013)
Old 12-21-2013, 10:57 PM

Thanks. I actually feel a lot better knowing that there is a lockdown. I hope it's not cause of anything bad. But at least I know that he is ok. And didn't get into trouble. Well at least he better not have haha or he will get an ear full from me. He's actually not a trouble maker. I just wasn't cuz I couldn't get anyone to tell me they were on LD. I called the number up there and it sends me back to the same recordings over and over again and I can't seem to talk to a live person. Thank u for the updates greatly appreciated
the8ofus (12-22-2013)
Old 12-21-2013, 11:11 PM

Default Lockdown

I made many calls, to the medical secretary to make sure he wasn't hurt (or worse) and she wouldn't tell me anything, told me to call the family medical line (and they never answer their phone) and then to 3 counselors - none of them answered or returned my phone call like I asked them to (they don't care for me a whole lot because I'm always calling them about something - I think they have my number on caller ID and don't pick up when I call now lol). I finally called the visiting line (x 5750 - Foster) and she is the one who told me about the lockdown and that visits shouldn't be affected by it (which means that I'm 99% sure the incident didn't involve any violence). I know at previous facilities they would go on lockdown for silly reasons - once a pair of scissors was missing from medical - turns out a staff member took them home by mistake - stuck them in a pocket and forgot about them.
I know I am a lot more at ease about it, but still missing his calls. Guess I should look at the bright side, it's saving me some money and it will make the visit that much sweeter on Wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaswing View Post
Thanks. I actually feel a lot better knowing that there is a lockdown. I hope it's not cause of anything bad. But at least I know that he is ok. And didn't get into trouble. Well at least he better not have haha or he will get an ear full from me. He's actually not a trouble maker. I just wasn't cuz I couldn't get anyone to tell me they were on LD. I called the number up there and it sends me back to the same recordings over and over again and I can't seem to talk to a live person. Thank u for the updates greatly appreciated
Old 12-21-2013, 11:34 PM

Thanks everyone. For the comments I hope that this lockdown ends soon. I'm going crazy and I'm sure he's going crazy too. Damn you don't realize how much you need to talk to your loved one. I just hope everyone there is ok and this ends. I hope everyone has a great visit on Christmas. I can't go on Christmas Day. But I'm hoping to make a surprise visit on New Year's Day. He will be so excited, it's just so far and isn't just an up there and back the same day kinda trip. Hope he gets outta there next year and closer til home. I'm more at ease knowing that he isn't in the hole or in the hospital. Or something u know. Merry Christmas to everyone and a happy new year. Please keep me informed when anyone finds out when this lockdown is supposed to end
the8ofus (12-22-2013)
Old 12-21-2013, 11:46 PM

jessicaswing, my husband said they should be off early next week but I will not be sure until phone rings. Don't worry too much. Everything is as normal as any ordinary day other than they're on lockdown. Hope you have a good holiday as well.

Last edited by ms.garcia.; 12-21-2013 at 11:49 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ms.garcia. For This Useful Post:
jessicaswing (12-21-2013), the8ofus (12-22-2013)
Old 12-21-2013, 11:51 PM

Thanks so much I'm at ease now
the8ofus (12-22-2013)
Old 12-22-2013, 04:53 AM

The IFC website is stating that a baton is missing so they are searching the whole prison. Will be visiting today so if I get more info will post.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CloaknDagger For This Useful Post:
jessicaswing (12-22-2013), the8ofus (12-22-2013)
Old 12-22-2013, 09:48 AM

Hey ladies my husband will get here monday can anyone tell me if I can visit Sat and what I should do we are coming from Jamestown and I know every prison is different he is a level two any info would be great. Thank you
Old 12-22-2013, 11:51 AM

You should be able to visit sat and sun as long as your an approved visitor. They may make you do the paperwork but will allow you to do it there and get approved there. Even if you are approved you have to have approval for each facility but they are pretty nice up there, I have been about 10 times or so.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:40 PM

I am approved I never had a problem going to another prison I just updated my form this year
Old 12-22-2013, 01:27 PM

alwaysonlyu, you can try seeing if vpass still has any appointments open for the weekend. If vpass doesn't have any appointments available when you arrive go into the visitors processing area and pick yourself up a the lowest pink number (either on the main desk or on the table to the right of the door) then its all a waiting game. Don't go far though because sometimes they call those number when people don't show up for appointments. If your already approved and have updated your visiting form this year you have nothing to worry about as your approval transfers with him.

Last edited by ms.garcia.; 12-22-2013 at 01:28 PM..