Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:28 PM
AmyLynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billys_Lady View Post
I know this feeling exactly. I curse that lady everytime. But at least you did get to talk to him. My baby is still on lockdown, going on 3 weeks now. and we have no idea when they will come up.
Why do y'all got a woman on GTL but over here its a GUY?? Lol. Still the enemy! I think I jinxed it talking to you about lockdown the other day. He hasn't called yet. Pretty sure they are going thru one now Sorry girl they suck!!!
Old 03-26-2018, 12:47 PM
Billy's Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMe81 View Post
Why do y'all got a woman on GTL but over here its a GUY?? Lol. Still the enemy! I think I jinxed it talking to you about lockdown the other day. He hasn't called yet. Pretty sure they are going thru one now Sorry girl they suck!!!
I know they are, he's written several letters, but it's really hard not being able to talk to him. He' said as much too in his letters. I just hope it ends soon.
Old 03-26-2018, 02:11 PM

Just need a hug, even if it’s an electronic one from people who are in the same boat. I’ve gone from being scared, to supportive, to being sad and angry. I just don’t deserve this.
Old 03-26-2018, 07:40 PM

Thanked 2,565 Times in 1,209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeeblee View Post
Just need a hug, even if itís an electronic one from people who are in the same boat. Iíve gone from being scared, to supportive, to being sad and angry. I just donít deserve this.
**hugs** going through the motions sucks. How much longer do you have?

The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
Weeeblee (03-26-2018)
Old 03-26-2018, 08:36 PM

We hate that girl on the phone too. Ugh. We are really into the conversation & here she comes. I always saying ughh. The other night he said I hate her. Then last night he said mike shut up , shut tf up. Itís so sad but laughing helps (some days)

Hugs to all of you ♥️
The Following User Says Thank You to Wallflower78me For This Useful Post:
*Da Princess* (04-13-2018)
Old 03-26-2018, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
**hugs** going through the motions sucks. How much longer do you have?
3 months but it seems like forever and 3 months.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:53 PM

Itís been a week since Iíve heard from him. I always think the worst(is he hurt, lockdown, low on money, my phone blocked his calls, or he forgot me(which I know isnít the case but Iím an over thinker)but itís difficult not knowing and I hope I get to hear from him soon and know that everything is ok. But itís nice coming on here and reading other peopleís responses...it helps ease my anxiety a little bit.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:02 PM

Seen my love this past weekend. Live 6 hours away. He's at FCI Manchester, went in on Sunday and failed the ion mobility spectrometer. Was at the FCI at 8am. Stayed in this awful hotel but the price is right. Graffiti on the walls a horrible smell...layer my clothes on the bedding and took a shower. Get to the facility positive. I'm tested atleast once per weekend when I visit, this time POSITIVE! Couldn't believe it! I cried the full 6 plus hours driving home. Now I will be tested EACH visit for a year. Discouraged! Scared to make the drive and a positive. We did share Friday and Saturday together and was absolutely wonderful...ugh!
Old 04-17-2018, 07:02 PM

Just feeling overwhelmed right now. Had another court date today...and they set ANOTHER date for next week. This has been going on for months. Not having any time frame is so hard. And then I took the car in to replace tires and of course that blossomed into brakes and alignment too so now i’m In the hole for twice as much as what I expected. Things were already tight to begin with. Ugh. Just needed to vent.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim.amy_4eva View Post
Seen my love this past weekend. Live 6 hours away. He's at FCI Manchester, went in on Sunday and failed the ion mobility spectrometer. Was at the FCI at 8am. Stayed in this awful hotel but the price is right. Graffiti on the walls a horrible smell...layer my clothes on the bedding and took a shower. Get to the facility positive. I'm tested atleast once per weekend when I visit, this time POSITIVE! Couldn't believe it! I cried the full 6 plus hours driving home. Now I will be tested EACH visit for a year. Discouraged! Scared to make the drive and a positive. We did share Friday and Saturday together and was absolutely wonderful...ugh!
Sorry to hear this. 6 hours is such a long drive and the anticipation too. Glad you had Friday and Saturday though. I donít know what an ion mobility spectrometer is but I hope you pass it next time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Weeeblee For This Useful Post:
jim.amy_4eva (04-19-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilt0123 View Post
Just feeling overwhelmed right now. Had another court date today...and they set ANOTHER date for next week. This has been going on for months. Not having any time frame is so hard. And then I took the car in to replace tires and of course that blossomed into brakes and alignment too so now iím In the hole for twice as much as what I expected. Things were already tight to begin with. Ugh. Just needed to vent.
Keep your head up. Always seems to pour in times like these.
The Following User Says Thank You to Weeeblee For This Useful Post:
lilt0123 (04-17-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 09:50 PM
AmyLynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilt0123 View Post
Just feeling overwhelmed right now. Had another court date today...and they set ANOTHER date for next week. This has been going on for months. Not having any time frame is so hard. And then I took the car in to replace tires and of course that blossomed into brakes and alignment too so now iím In the hole for twice as much as what I expected. Things were already tight to begin with. Ugh. Just needed to vent.
Sorry girl. When it rains it pours. I hope life's problems ease off you some and u get to breathe.
lilt0123 (04-18-2018)
Old 04-19-2018, 02:48 AM
Married May 27, 2017!

I need a hug. My husband basically failed community corrections and the halfway house program due to his ADD and he's being sent back to prison.

Round two...

ETA: At least I was able to hear from him for the first time in 190 days...
Old 04-19-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeeblee View Post
Sorry to hear this. 6 hours is such a long drive and the anticipation too. Glad you had Friday and Saturday though. I donít know what an ion mobility spectrometer is but I hope you pass it next time.
The FCI rubs down your shoes and the inside of your front pockets with a cotton pad and inserts this into the ion mobility spectrometer to test for any drugs. I was thankful for the two days. Thanks for the support.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:19 PM
AmyLynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim.amy_4eva View Post
The FCI rubs down your shoes and the inside of your front pockets with a cotton pad and inserts this into the ion mobility spectrometer to test for any drugs. I was thankful for the two days. Thanks for the support.
Wow and how often do false positives happen?
Old 04-19-2018, 05:11 PM

I'm not sure, I have a read online and apparently quite a bit. That is my fifth time tested and the first time I came up positive. Trying to research to safeguard myself before our next visit.
The Following User Says Thank You to jim.amy_4eva For This Useful Post:
ItsMe81 (04-19-2018)
Old 05-30-2018, 04:04 PM
Billy's Sweetheart

Ok, so I really just need to vent. It has really been one of those kind of months for me and with Billy on restriction; now and not being able to call it’s really made it worse. He is my backbone and my strength even from inside.

My one year old grandson was murdered by my daughter’s boyfriend back in February. Since his death CPS here in NC arrested the man responsible, ten promptly released him at his probable cause hearing because until the autopsy reports are back, there was a lack of evidence and they could not hold him. Or at least that is what we were all told.
My daughter is to have no contact with this man as there are 2 other children involved, the child that was murdered has a twin brother and she also has a 3 yr old. However she is currently pregnant with this man’s child and due in July. Since he has been released from county jail until such time as they get all the reports back and can charge him with the murder, she has been talking and texting with him as well as seeing him while her other children are with their fathers.

She is now approaching her due date and her c-section has been scheduled for mid-July. Last night she called all of our family and explained to them that she did not want us at the hospital for the babies birth because this man will be there and in the delivery room with her and she doesn’t want there to be any issues or “drama” as she calls it where he is concerned. Now per the orders of CPS , she is still considered a witness and he is not to be around her, there is an order of protection issues with the county.

I am at my end with her right now, and am really afraid that she is not capable of taking care of these children. She is not making good decisions, and has not received counseling after the death of her child. She refuses when asked to go, stating she is ok. She is in denial that this man murdered her child, even though every detective, medical professional and CPS worker has told her that is the case and once the reports are in he will be charged and sentenced.

I love my child, and I would do anything for her, but her boys cannot defend themselves, and I am so afraid that she is just going to put them right back into another dangerous situation with this man. We all tried to warn her before it happened and she didn’t listen. Their fathers are attempting to gain custody as well, and that is putting more stress on the family, but I honestly believe at this point the children would be better off.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:10 PM

My boyfriend called me this morning from his tablet(which I hate because neither of us can hear each other that well) and I haven’t heard from him the rest of the day and I’m just hoping it’s not because of a misunderstanding and he’s upset with me or something. But I always think the worst and it’s terrible. I hope he’s ok. I just miss him so much.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:11 PM

Talked with the boy tonight he seemed different...he first started the conversation with his normal hi how are you and then he asked me what color my room was and my bed. And that he’s planning on having his grandma ship some of his clothes to me so he can have something to wear when he gets out But then he talked about how he was adapting to prison and he didn’t like it and that he doesn’t feel himself and that he will snap back to his old self when he gets out because he will have me(and he’s never said this to me before) and his tone was different because he normally jokes and I make him laugh and he makes me laugh but after I told him that he’s no different when I see him and he’s just like yeah...he ended the call with and I still love you, have a goodnight ok, call you later. I know he’s in prison and that he will have days like this but it just gets me so nervous that he’s going to want to get rid of me when he gets out(because we don’t know what’s going to happen in the end)before we even had a proper date. His messages were fine this morning so maybe he was having a rough evening.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:42 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,357 Times in 1,539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi_27 View Post
I always think the worst and itís terrible.
It's good to acknowledge this and there are ways to train your brain not to do this. It is very hard when a loved one is in prison; with prison there are a lot of unknowns and things you will never be able to control. I know it may be easier said than done but when your mind starts going to the negative direction...try to snap out of it and get busy - tell yourself you cannot control the future but you can control the present moment; worrying will only ruin your day today, it will not change/improve future events, whatever they might be.

Hugs to you
Old 06-26-2018, 01:50 PM

I could use a hug right now. This whole thing is overwhelming; we've only been together for a few weeks but I'm already crazy about this guy and it kills me that we can't talk a lot. Sometimes my mind wonders and starts to think the worse ( is he okay, is he in lockdown, is he talking to other females, etc.) and my anxiety goes through the roof.
The Following User Says Thank You to angeleyes90 For This Useful Post:
ToFaswife (06-27-2018)
Old 06-27-2018, 09:07 AM

Def need a hug today ladies my love has been in lockdown for the past month and I haven’t been able to speak to him this is my first lockdown I’ve been thru since we been together we’ve only been together for a year as we met while he was locked up so it’s really hard to go from talking to him everyday several times a day to not speaking at all for a whole month...smh it’s reslly hard and gets harder as the days past and he’s still on lockdown has anyone else been thru a really long lockdown and how do you get thru it ?
Old 06-27-2018, 09:16 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,357 Times in 1,539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToFaswife View Post
Def need a hug today ladies my love has been in lockdown for the past month and I havenít been able to speak to him this is my first lockdown Iíve been thru since we been together weíve only been together for a year as we met while he was locked up so itís really hard to go from talking to him everyday several times a day to not speaking at all for a whole month...smh itís reslly hard and gets harder as the days past and heís still on lockdown has anyone else been thru a really long lockdown and how do you get thru it ?
We've been through a period of 1,5 years of not being able to speak on the phone (loss of privileges for him plus phone issues on my end). How do you get through it? You ramp up the letter writing, and keep yourself busy with your normal every day activities. Even though it may not seem so in the beginning, writing letters can be a much deeper experience when you really get into it....see for yourself We have also now gone from speaking daily to not being able to speak continuously as he's in reception; what I've learned over the years is that you adjust to anything...you just need to keep yourself busy. Hang in there!
Old 06-27-2018, 09:27 AM

Thanks so much and wow I would lose my mind if I couldn’t speak to him for a whole year smh...and I try to keep busy as much as I can it’s extra harder because it’s summer time and my source of business my son...leaves and goes with his father for the whole summer break so my other heart has been gone a month as well and I don’t work at the moment so I just sit around and wait for the mailman everyday he writes a lot but I send him maybe about 8-10 letters a week...it keeps his mind at peace and it helps me to feel closer to him I’m currently at the moment waiting on the mailman hoping I have a letter from him even tho I just got one on Monday this is so hard hopefully they’ll be off soon smh
Old 06-29-2018, 11:36 PM

Sooo needing to vent to people who understand. LO found out the "mass" they found in his body is growing. Then, he drops a dirty UA and gets phone and email taken away for quite some time. Then today, I get a letter saying he was jumped by 3 guys, his eye was swollen shut, and he thinks his shoulder is broken. So OF COURSE he's the one getting transferred. Not that it matters, he is over a 24hr drive so I couldn't visit anyway, but I get so nervous whenever he moves. And only being able to communicate through letters is the WORST right now. I just need to hear him tell me he's okay. I wish I could just hug him one time. It's been over six years since I've seen him
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GracieLynne For This Useful Post:
Kiwiamerican (07-01-2018), ToFaswife (06-30-2018)