Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Support Networks and Programs
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Support Networks and Programs Share information here about support networks and programs available to prisoners who are returning home.

Old 02-02-2004, 06:38 AM
Registered Member

Default California Community Connection Resource Center (Re-Entry & Recovery/Employment)

Re-Entry?/Employment? Not sure where to put this...has some of everything.
Teri

Community Connection Resource Center (Re-Entry & Recovery/Employment)

opening doors to a new future

WE HELP PEOPLE CHANGE THEIR LIVES

Since 1985, Community Connection Resource Center has been a leader in delivering services that help people to overcome barriers to success and become self-sufficient. Community Connection is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation. With locations in SAN DIEGO SACRAMENTO, SAN JOAQUINand RIVERSIDE counties, Community Connection specializes in services to

Prisoners, parolees, probationers and ex-offenders
Substance abusers
Gang-affiliated youth
Welfare-to-Work participants
Non-custodial parents
Women in transition
Special need populations

Our Mission

We are dedicated to creating healthy and safe communities by breaking the cycle of crime, incarceration and substance abuse by:

Providing comprehensive reentry and recovery services for prisoners, ex-offenders, and their families;

Delivering effective and comprehensive services to promote self-sufficiency and personal responsibility for low income individuals and other challenging populations;

Developing and implementing substance abuse treatment, gang intervention and crime prevention programs; and

Educating the community on criminal justice issues.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jus' Mom For This Useful Post:
chitosbee (12-19-2014), kima (05-26-2009), SpicaRigel (09-02-2009), spickett04 (06-13-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2004, 12:38 AM
Account Closed

Very good website, lots of information for others that are in need of getting clean
and straight.
Old 10-04-2004, 01:57 PM

Have a brother that is in and out of prison for 20 years.( started at 17 for stealing money from vending machine to buy pot. Served three months in county jail and was put on probation. Left the state while on probation and when they returned him he was sentenced to 7 years in prison. Very harsh for an 18 year old for petty theft and breaking probation. In and out since then for petty theft and addiction now to drugs. Has aids and mental problems now. Cannot function or cope at all on his own.) In about 1 month he will be getting out on parole again. He has no home so he goes straight to hollywood and lives on the streets. He is on medication in prison for schizophrenia, but soon after he gets out he stops and becomes ill again. I have tried in the past to get him into programs through his parole officers, but they are no help. Have called some programs but because of his mental problems or aids they refuse to take him in. So when he is out, he starts drugs again and usually does swomething like steals food or does not pass drug test and is put back in prison. Are there not any programs to help him re-adjust in a facility and continue his treatment for his illnesses and help get him on social security and find a place to live and some financial aid or job training. There seems no end to this and he is getting no help. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, sister
Old 10-04-2004, 02:29 PM
Rosco's Girl

What about a residential drug treatment program and then a THU (Transitional Housing) or SLE (sober living environment)

Many times Disability will pay for the Residential Program and then he can get a job to help pay for the THU/SLE.

Missing you is my hobby,
caring for you is my job,
making you happy is my duty,
and loving you is my life.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:22 AM

I cannot get the link to work correctly for Sacramento....can you give me the web site please?
Old 10-22-2004, 06:12 PM

Default Coom Connection Resource

Hi the link you supplied does not work do you have their web address?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus' Mom
Re-Entry?/Employment? Not sure where to put this...has some of everything.
Teri

Since 1985, Community Connection Resource Center has been a leader in delivering services that help people to overcome barriers to success and become self-sufficient. Community Connection is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation. With locations in SAN DIEGO SACRAMENTO, SAN JOAQUINand RIVERSIDE counties, Community Connection specializes in services to

Prisoners, parolees, probationers and ex-offenders
Substance abusers
Gang-affiliated youth
Welfare-to-Work participants
Non-custodial parents
Women in transition
Special need populations

Our Mission

We are dedicated to creating healthy and safe communities by breaking the cycle of crime, incarceration and substance abuse by:

Providing comprehensive reentry and recovery services for prisoners, ex-offenders, and their families;

Delivering effective and comprehensive services to promote self-sufficiency and personal responsibility for low income individuals and other challenging populations;

Developing and implementing substance abuse treatment, gang intervention and crime prevention programs; and

Educating the community on criminal justice issues.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:28 PM
Yes I'm back! :)
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,185 Times in 495 Posts

I couldn't get this link to work either,I will search the web and try and find it,In the meantime there are some links here to ex offender recources in Ca.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84404

Get well soon David! You are in our thoughts
The Following User Says Thank You to California Sunshine For This Useful Post:
leshawest (09-03-2009)
Old 11-16-2005, 04:35 PM

There is a place in Azusa or Covina, California (Riverside county?) called River Community. They deal with dual-diagnosis, which is mental illness plus addiction at the same time. The clients have a variety of levels of functioning. They have residential, day treatment, and outpatient programs. They accept Soc Sec as payment for the residential, I believe. If the person needs help to get on SSI, they help. I attended there last winter for three weeks to their day treatment. I lived near there at the time. It looked like an odd little place, but it really helped me a lot. After my three weeks there (during my winter break from teaching school), I was able to return to work and function much better. The doctor there did adjust my meds (I have Bipolar disorder). 626-974-8122
Old 11-16-2005, 08:27 PM
Donation Award 

That is good to know! Thanks for posting it!

Don't tell God how big your storm is, Tell the storm how big your God is!!!

There's no place like PTO, There's no place like PTO

Are you having problems on PTO?
Just have a question? Click here HELP DESK

Old 11-17-2005, 01:56 PM

Default need information

I am wondering is their any grant programs for a prisoner lifer to get a college degree??? if so please send link or information for this..thanks
Old 01-30-2007, 02:24 PM

Real jobs for felons, not "resources"

I am President of the company I work for. I am diligently searching for folks like yourself that are having trouble finding work due to mishaps in their past. This is a big deal and a real opportunity for you and others alike. I need a lot of support for a nationwide endevour to free those that have served their time and would simply like to start over. Life gives us choices, sometimes we make wrong ones, does this make us incapable of making positve changes in our lives and even others? Contact me, I have job openings and even prefer those with criminal history. Why you may ask?
I was released from prison in 2002. My history trails back 15 years and leaves a record as long as your arm. I have managed to build a company designed around one simple thought, Everyone deserves opportunity. Thanks, I look forward to your thoughts, and feel free to give out my contact info.

PS, You can work from anywhere in the US, and pay is hourly, paid weekly
Lawrence
[email address removed by moderator]
Old 07-01-2008, 06:16 AM

Community Connection Resource Center has been our one of the main focus areas. we deliver services that help people to overcome barriers to success and become self-sufficient. With upcoming offices in alska, arizona, alabama, californiawe are dedicated to help out the Prisoners, former prisoners, parolees and probationers from substance abuse and alcohol abuse.

JWP
The Following User Says Thank You to clubJWP For This Useful Post:
leshawest (09-03-2009)
Old 09-19-2008, 01:42 PM
Miss my KiNg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamiM View Post
Hi the link you supplied does not work do you have their web address?

Here is the website:
http://www.community-connection.org/

Old 07-11-2009, 01:47 PM

[quote=Jus' Mom;439741]Re-Entry?/Employment? Not sure where to put this...has some of everything.
Teri

The links didn't work for me either but I did a search.
http://www.community-connection.org/

You can click on programs or contact us to get more info on programs.

blocks

Old 07-30-2010, 12:39 PM
Account Closed

This is so helpful and much needed. Thank you all for your attention to the links so we can begin seeing success in our lives.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:38 PM

Default Is this still a valid message?

If this is still a valid thread, could you tell me where I could get information for my son in San Diego California.
Thanks fallan 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgary View Post
Real jobs for felons, not "resources"

I am President of the company I work for. I am diligently searching for folks like yourself that are having trouble finding work due to mishaps in their past. This is a big deal and a real opportunity for you and others alike. I need a lot of support for a nationwide endevour to free those that have served their time and would simply like to start over. Life gives us choices, sometimes we make wrong ones, does this make us incapable of making positve changes in our lives and even others? Contact me, I have job openings and even prefer those with criminal history. Why you may ask?
I was released from prison in 2002. My history trails back 15 years and leaves a record as long as your arm. I have managed to build a company designed around one simple thought, Everyone deserves opportunity. Thanks, I look forward to your thoughts, and feel free to give out my contact info.

PS, You can work from anywhere in the US, and pay is hourly, paid weekly
Lawrence
[email address removed by moderator]
Old 08-24-2012, 03:06 AM

Does Anyone know of any resources in Sonoma County in California? Thanks
Old 12-22-2013, 12:31 PM

Default re-entry help

Can you tell me where my brother can get help when released from prison to get a job and place to stay, he is in Shasta county california and has no resources. He wants to get it right this time but with no resources chances are slim. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:54 PM

Default Transition Housing

Does anyone have any info on transition housing in LA County? Please help...
Old 06-10-2018, 06:37 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,244 Times in 1,495 Posts

I'm trying to find out which support programs and/or foundations or transition houses we could start contacting ahead of my fiancé's release. He'll be eligible for parole early next year and we want to be prepared, just in case. What makes this challenging is that I am in Europe and he doesn't really have local support...so I am trying to do the best I can in helping him from afar. I can of course use Google and gather a list that way; just figured maybe someone on here has personal experience and recommendations for good places. Neither one of us really has the financial means for an expensive program - we're trying to find something that would offer him a chance at life without ending out on the streets.

I found a place called Rescue a Life in Los Angeles; how does it normally work though - would you need to be released to LA county in order to even be considered for a program there? My fiancé will parole to Riverside county - so is that county our only option?

I'll start doing some research and will post any useful information on here too...but your advice would be very welcome!